Are we better?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Are we a better team than a year ago? Will it make any difference? Will we be an 8-9 or 9-8 team? OR a 12-5 team OR a 5-12 team?

Yes, the Cowboys are a better team than a year ago. The draft picks, free agents, and undrafted free agents are much better than the players who left.

Will this translate to more wins? Who knows? NYG and WFT improved also. Same with most of the teams in the NFL. Most teams have 5-12 to 12-5 potential. Who steps up and makes plays at critical times is the most determining factor, and then injuries. Will Dak step up and make the big, clutch plays. The Cowboys bet big on Dak. Will Dak deliver is the question.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
782578789c60ff95c9f9db701dfac609.gif

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are we a better team than a year ago? Will it make any difference? Will we be an 8-9 or 9-8 team? OR a 12-5 team OR a 5-12 team?
Only the season can tell that, but there are signs. A full offseason, training camp and preseason …. a healthier O-Line … Dak back … some defensive additions through the draft.....

How that translates into wins remains to be seen

Doomsday77

Reaction score
Great questions Bish but the first one we'll have to wait a while to get an idea. Will it make any difference? It will make a difference if we have a very successful year like a home playoff game (WIN). The record in my opinion would need to be the 12-5 scenario or better. It is just really hard to win when you have a complete makeover. Even if you factor in guys like T. Smith returning they are going to be a little rusty, new D coaches, new players etc...need more time. I think pre season is going to be a major factor. That's all folks!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right now, on paper? Yes, the perception is they are an improved team because they are healthier, upgraded at DC and addressed the defense.

How much improved? Better than the NYG and WFT? I think so but so much relies on players taking the next step and the first step.

How are they at C and LG?

Can they stop the run? Can they win at the line? Can they cover? Can they tackle?

I think they are better but how much better? They need to get to double digit wins to be consider good enough.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

I think we are better. Think about it...Dak is back, new DC, good draft. Much better.

Sydla

Reaction score
Health will largely determine if we are better. If Smith and Collins and Martin can stay relatively healthy for much of the season, we should be better. I think going from Nolan to Quinn alone makes us better.

But "better" is kind of nebulous. Better, like we are going to find 5 more wins? Better, like we can win this crappy division with 9 wins?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
A bigger dump than the one Dak left at Soldier Field when Trubisky chumped him 2 (?) years ago?
Perhaps but probably not as big as the one Romo took on our own filed when getting punked by McCown and Cutler.

johneric8

Reaction score
Isn't that a bit of a dumb question. If you look at last year we were missing most of all of our best players and had a coach without an off season. This team might only lose 4 or 5 games, book it... In case you didn't notice we also drafted s shitz ton of depth on defense and have a MUCH better coordinator with an off season. Did I mention we have our QB back as well?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
We are going to rebound from 2020 and return to being the darlings of the media. Until our accident happens and Stephen A. Smith declares us an overinflated group of front runners. Then we can all relax and know we have come full circle.

Nothing changes.

:confused:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
we are more talented, Dak's back. Smith is back. Collins is back. we seem to have improved on defense (how much is the question). so we should be a more talented, better team than last year. now, given every other team on paper has improved as well, then wins/losses depend.....

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Better on paper? Yes.

Are we better than the 2019 team is the real question. That was the last year we had most of our offense healthy and still went 8-8. With so many young guys having to play expanded roles on defense i'm not expecting them to be better than average.