Are we going to sit back and let Watt destroy this game?

rambo2

Reaction score
Or are we going to get Guyton some help. It would be great to see Guyton see this big challenge coming his way, or if Steele blocks him to take this on as a challenge. Both of our tackles have struggled, but why not see this big challenge and have a good game against Watt to keep him from having his way. Does anyone feel that any of our tackles will be ready to take on the challenge. Or am I kidding myself, we need to get them help, backs chipping, TE's chipping?

If our guys are able to hold their own, this could be pivotal in helping our O-line down the road with other pass rushers coming up in the season. Please give your thoughts on this topic! I don't want to see #90 taking over this game, or it could be a very very long night!!
The game is a tossup.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They should look at how other teams mitigate Parsons and do the similar to Watt. yes to getting some TE/FB/RB help but also be more creative with the OL blocking schemes.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke will knock Watt into the turf. Watt & Tomlin will cry to the refs.
The refs take over the game to help their beloved Steelers win.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly, I'm genuinely concerned about Dak's safety this game.
I'm not sure Jerry does lol. He can be quite petty and vengeful.
Uncertainty is understandable but it should not be prompted by the perception of Jerry Jones being petty and vengeful. He can be both but neither applies to Dak Prescott's safety.

Jones completely backed Prescott two months into his rookie career. Jones compensated Prescott by making him the highest paid quarterback in NFL history in 2021. Jones compensated Prescott by making him the highest paid player in NFL history a month ago.

All of the above were actions never prompted by pettiness and vengefulness but were done for completely opposite motivations. It is possible uncertainty is felt due to something some people do not want to admit.

As a GM, Jones is not competent as a decision-maker enacting measures that protect his single largest roster investment as realistically as possible. He believes he has.

Perhaps some of that self-belief comes from his GM oversight of 'protecting' Prescott's predecessor. It took time (and finally bending his ear to others' advice) for him to address protection of Tony Romo.

Romo's ability to scramble out of harm met Jones' expectation that a franchise type quarterback does not require the best protection possible. Unfortunately, reality has never taught Jones it takes the insight of a GM better than him in evaluating potential roster acquisitions and subtractions--whether through advice or not--to protect his franchise quarterback satisfactorily.

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
Steele has not come back to what he was pre injury in either run blocking or pass blocking

and it cannot be a factor of time either. Some athletes do not come back all the way and Steele might be one of them
Or it could be two years of implementing Solari's crap blocking scheme.

btgboys41

Reaction score
Or are we going to get Guyton some help. It would be great to see Guyton see this big challenge coming his way, or if Steele blocks him to take this on as a challenge. Both of our tackles have struggled, but why not see this big challenge and have a good game against Watt to keep him from having his way. Does anyone feel that any of our tackles will be ready to take on the challenge. Or am I kidding myself, we need to get them help, backs chipping, TE's chipping?

If our guys are able to hold their own, this could be pivotal in helping our O-line down the road with other pass rushers coming up in the season. Please give your thoughts on this topic! I don't want to see #90 taking over this game, or it could be a very very long night!!
Yes. Not a damn thing this offense can do about it.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
It was merely going to be about Guyton, but then something jumped into this brain of mine and said, STEELE has been bad this year too. TIme for these guys to have some breakout games
Steele was never a big man pass block guy but better run blocker before injury.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Zeke will knock Watt into the turf. Watt & Tomlin will cry to the refs.
The refs take over the game to help their beloved Steelers win.
This game is in Pittsburgh and we all know NFL refereeing is so fav for some teams like Stealers

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I guess the best we can hope for is that Dallas does to Watt what everyone does to Parsons. Negate his pass rush by RUNNING right at him. Watt is a superstar but he's only a 250lb superstar.
The way you get after both players is run at them and also beat them up with extra blockers every play.

Both are smaller guys for playing end and you can exploit that.

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
They have another nice edge threat besides Watt who comes from the Badgers as well. Nick Herbig. Hair on fire guy,....gets around the edge fast. RELENTLESS. This is going to be very rough for our tackles Sunday night.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They have another nice edge threat besides Watt who comes from the Badgers as well. Nick Herbig. Hair on fire guy,....gets around the edge fast. RELENTLESS. This is going to be very rough for our tackles Sunday night.

Steele and Guyton are going to get violated. It’s just going to happen.

The key is how McCarthy adjusts the game plan to account for the mismatch. This is what NFL coaches are paid to do and I’m interested to see what he comes up with.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m more concerned with the Steelers running the ball all day. I believe they have the most rushing attempts of any team in the league. They rank 10th in rushing.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Guyton has issues settign up outside and not being able to get back inside when they go to their inside move. If it was me, I would have guyton set up inside every snap and have a back or tight end ready to help if the rusher goes to the outside, hit him to allow guyton to reset and then go on their route. Guyton has plenty of ability and strength to hold up once he is square with the rusher.

TheCritic

Reaction score
Are we going to sit back? Since the OP has all this time on his hands to create a new thread with every stupid thought, here's an idea...why not lead a protest march? Make up some picket signs about Watts being mean and how Cowboys fans have the right to a team that wins without getting their hair messed up!

That ought to keep you busy!