Are we superbowl favorites

waldoputty

Reaction score
Behind Rams in the NFC. With our dominating wins against Detroit and New York, are we up there at the top of table.

Since we have superbowl team composition.

Great running game
Great hof defense.
Ok qbing.

Which WR did 2013 Seahawks or 2015 Broncos or 2000 Ravens or 2002 Bucs have.
WR are dime a dozen.

Jason Garrett factor should not matter.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Behind Rams in the NFC. With our dominating wins against Detroit and New York, are we up there at the top of table.

Great running game
Great hof defense.
Ok qbing.

WR are dime a dozen.

I'm on borad. Don't pay attention to all those Cowboys fans that like to bash the Cowboys.

Wizarus

Reaction score
We won by 2 against the worst run defense in the league. Way too early for that.

doomsday808

Reaction score
Yep. With the way we finished the season in 1991, the Cowboys were the sexy pick for the Super Bowl that year.
And a pretty solid 3-1 start. Awesome what Jimmy did in 4 years. How long has JG been here?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
usatsi-10289877-jason-garrett-cowboys-1.jpg
Even Garrett knows it's ridiculous. :laugh:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Would you guys have given us a chance in 1992. Troy Aikman suffered low yardage games like Dak and Emmit ran away with the credit.
Yes, I would have given them a chance in 1992. Why?

1. The team made significant leaps each year under Jimmy Johnson: 1-15, 7-9, 10-6, 13-3. That team was treading up each year and had excellent players at the skilled positions. We've basically had a mediocre record the years Jason has been here.

2. With all due respect, I ought spank you for comparing Dak and Troy. Troy's problem was NEVER accuracy. Troy was considered one of the most accurate quarterbacks in the game. Troy's initial problems were a.) he had no team around him, b.) he got beat up so bad that he was considered injury prone.

3. The Cowboys road Emmitt, but if teams stacked the box, Aikman would make them pay with Michael Irvin, Jay Novacek, Alvin Harper or Emmitt out of the backfield. They called it "Pick Your Poison" for a reason. Now tell me who says, "Pick Your Poison" as it relates to Dak and Zeke? I'll wait. They don't because teams know if we stop Zeke you stop the Cowboys offense.

4. We had an innovative, daring coach in Jimmy Johnson who instilled a "killer" mentality in the Cowboys and didn't tolerate mistakes. And the Cowboys could beat you on offense, on defense and in the special teams game. The Cowboys adopted Johnson's brash, "you can't beat us" attitude, and it was beautiful to behold. Teams actually FEARED us we were so good and so confident. Heck, we unrattled the great Jerry Rice to the point where he wanted to fight us.
I don't know if you've noticed but Jason Garrett embodies NONE of that. We have no consistency from year to year. We get outcoached when it matters the most. I have ZERO confidence in this team with Garrett at the helm.

5. We have no Charles Haley on defense. DeMarcus Ware is good, but he's not consistently game-changing good. Haley was. You need that on your team. The player who could have given us that is Earl Thomas, but his price tag was too high. Jimmy got Haley next to nothing and then knew what to do with him when he got him. We need a few playmakers on our defense. They're playing good. I have to give them credit. But we still need our Charles Haley.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Great running game
Great hof defense.
Ok qbing.

WR are dime a dozen.

Yes, yes we are.