Are we sure we don't need a WR in the 1st?

Irv88

Reaction score
Pre combine, free agency, I figured we would go for jpj in the 1st, cooper (lb) or trotter in the 2nd and rb Benson in the third. Everyone else would be backups, etc. like bortoli in the 5th. In free agency, Pittman jr, a possession wr, with 10 yards a catch, basically slow te numbers should be an easy signing.

Fast forward.
1) After the combine, everyone advanced their position and should be drafted high.
2) Pittman got way over paid, etc.
3) we have a ton of holes on the team.
4) low free agency activity

With depth in the draft for oline and linebackers and rbs, nobody is talking about this, but we need some weapons to stretch the field- WR in the first round. Forget cooks and Tolbert…

I mean the offense goes through Lamb. If Dak isn’t comfortable throwing to him (GB or SF playoff games), it feels like he gets that look on his face on the first drive and the game is over.

Draft Dak a down field wr threat in the first. Grab a center and rb next, roll with the lb on the roster if you have to.

Win on offense with talent and let zimmer scheme the defense.

Go cowboys!

Last edited:

lostar2009

Reaction score
Unless a stud drops to us I wouldn't. But 2nd round and later they should look into it.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Pre combine, free agency, I figured we would go for jpj in the 1st, cooper (lb) or trotter in the 2nd and rb Benson in the third. Everyone else would be backups, etc. like bortoli in the 5th. In free agency, Pittman jr, a possession wr, with 10 yards a catch, basically slow te numbers should be an easy signing.

Fast forward.
1) After the combine, everyone advanced their position and should be drafted high.

With depth in the draft for oline and linebackers and rbs, nobody is talking about this, but we need some weapons to stretch the field- WR in the first round. Forget cooks and Tolbert…

I mean the offense goes through Lamb. If Dak isn’t comfortable throwing to him (GB or SF playoff games), it feels like he gets that look on his face on the first drive and the game is over.

Draft Dak a down field wr threat in the first. Grab a center and rb next, roll with the lb on the roster if you have to.

Go cowboys!
Great plan. Many teams count on hitting on all three of their first three draft picks to improve the team immediately. It could happen.

kskboys

Reaction score

Fast forward.

Go cowboys!
Sure, let's get us another WR so we can lose in the first round of playoffs again!!!!! Don't forget another CB, another TE, and the injured LB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quickccc

Reaction score
yeh .. we're almost sure about a non-WR in the first round.

only thing i've believed in is never say never ... if a WR is just flat out heads and shoulders distance than the next group of
draft class players .. you have to stick with your board.

In that case, he'd have to be a blue chip WR .. .(ala Marvin Harrison Jr.)

Virtually no one saw CeeDee Lamb coming in first round with us already having Cooper & Gallup, and just assumed
we were gonna select :LSU edge rusher K'Lavon Chaisson, with our grave defensive needs.

Is bust project pick Chaisson (selected by Jax Jaguars) even in the NFL nowadays ?

Kingofholland

Reaction score

Fast forward.

Go cowboys!
This is a deep WR class, maybe one of the deepest ever. Rather consider it on day 2.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
yes i'm sure. won't matter how much they can stretch the field if Dak doesn't have enough time to throw. Should be OL or D

DandyDon52

Reaction score
they should trade lamb, use 1 of the picks you get for him to get another wr at a much cheaper price.
Lamb is good but not worth 30 mil of the now low cap.
GB did better than cowboys with 3 rookie wr ! Use the cap to beef up defense more. Defense wins games, esp in playoffs.
Dallas will probably tie up 1/3 of their cap on 2 off guys, dak and lamb lol. Stupid.

Jarntt

Reaction score
WR is far down on our list of needs. But,I’m a BPA guy so whatever

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I could definitely see WR if one falls. I’m pretty sure they don’t want to pay Ceedee 180m for his next contract.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Our first pick will be on the OL unless a projected top 10 player on our board at another position falls to us. One of those players that sets off blinking lights.

Mannix

Reaction score
Bringing Cooks back will be a HUGE mistake....he is a "sometime" #2 at best....cannot be counted on game in and game out....too small as well.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Bringing Cooks back will be a HUGE mistake....he is a "sometime" #2 at best....cannot be counted on game in and game out....too small as well.
We can’t move on from him after allowing Gallup to walk. That could lead to a huge mistake. Cooks came on later in the season and had 8 TDs. He’s a speed threat that stretches the field. Without him or someone comparable all the attention will be on CeeDee. He needs a receiver opposite him that has to be accounted for. Tolbert looks like a JAG in my opinion and we didn’t see enough of Brooks for me to feel comfortable with him.

Mannix

Reaction score
We can’t move on from him after allowing Gallup to walk. That could lead to a huge mistake. Cooks came on later in the season and had 8 TDs. He’s a speed threat that stretches the field. Without him or someone comparable all the attention will be on CeeDee. He needs a receiver opposite him that has to be accounted for. Tolbert looks like a JAG in my opinion and we didn’t see enough of Brooks for me to feel comfortable with him.
I’d have agreed with you 100% 3-4 years ago…but next year is already going to be a disaster, so it’s just better to move on now and clear more money…he is NOT a difference maker!!!