Video: Are you a Dak fan or a Cowboys fan

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Something to remember guys, the new CBA kicks in next year and its projected that salary cap is going to go up 15-18% as a higher percentage of revenues will go to the players.

So that $35 mill a season might look pretty good compared to next year. I mean, even if you take the low end a 15% increase would take that $35 million to $40.25 million.

Bottom line...…….sign Dak to $35 this offseason or pay him $40 next offseason.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
I say tag him and take that chance to see what he does with Big Mac. If things work out great. Sign him at that time. Yes it will cost more but the difference is 1 year to 5 year in terms of contract. If things don't work out, you don't have another 4 years....

bewp7

Reaction score
I’m a Dak Fan...

If he leaves I’m with him and I’m rooting for the Cowboys to lose every game they play!

Teams Dak would improve
Colts
Vikings
Raiders
49ers
Steelers
Saints
Titans

in a vacuum he would improve some of those teams, yes. the problem is they would be giving him $35M+ a season and they would have to, in jerry's own words, craft a "dak friendly" roster and system around him which would be difficult and kind of stupid given his cap hit.

when the gm/owner himself admits they need to make everything "dak friendly" u know he isn't the guy. a franchise quarterback elevates everyone around him, not the other way around! i'll say it forever!

Zman5

Reaction score
There is some good QB prospects in this draft too and even vets like Derek Carr and Marcus Mariotta could come in and run our offense and we wouldn’t see a huge drop off.

35 Million is just too much for what Dak offers.

Mariotta got benched for a Miami cast off this year and you think he can run our offense and we woudn't see a huge drop off? And before you use the "Dak has the best OL and RB" excuse, the Titans had a better OL and the RB than us this year . Did you even watch Mariotta play this year? The whole game?

Maybe I should ask you, are you a Cowboys Fan or an EaGirls fan?

Flamma

Reaction score
This guy also did a video in Garrett and the coaching staff. That they need to get rid of him because he's making players look bad. Something to that effect.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He’s better than the two QBs from the same draft class that already received extensions.

Wentz is better but it evens out some because Dak is more reliable then Wentz. They’re both better then Goff.

That’s not the point though. The point is the Eagles and rams overpaid for their QB.

Why do we have to be stupid because they were?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Wentz is better but it evens out some because Dak is more reliable then Wentz. They’re both better then Goff.

That’s not the point though. The point is the Eagles and rams overpaid for their QB.

Why do we have to be stupid because they were?

Though I agree with everything else, not sure if I can say Dak is better than Goff. Goff is pretty much as durable as Dak (I don’t think he’s missed a game to injury...?) and he has technically lead his team to a Superbowl. Did he crap the bed during it? Yeah. But he’s been farther than Dak has. So has Wentz. I know Garrett sucks, but 2016/2019 should have been his years and they weren’t.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Mariotta got benched for a Miami cast off this year and you think he can run our offense and we woudn't see a huge drop off? And before you use the "Dak has the best OL and RB" excuse, the Titans had a better OL and the RB than us this year . Did you even watch Mariotta play this year? The whole game?

Maybe I should ask you, are you a Cowboys Fan or an EaGirls fan?

Dak couldn’t even make the playoffs with a healthy team around him and a Philly team that was banged up.

Dak couldn’t score a TD against Philly or New England and our only TD in New Orleans came on the ground.

Why is Dak not doing anything against good teams...?

FanSince71

Reaction score
If you franchise Dak, you put him in line to get his contract after both Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson. And if you thought $34M per year was expensive, signing him in 2021 almost definitely puts you into $40M+ territory.

I agree with you 100% but I want see Dak play in another scheme, with good coaching, for one season before I cut bait with him. If he proves worthy of a new contract then you have to bite the bullet, I guess. If you’re saying he’s such a gamble that he’s not worth a franchise year, then that’s where we differ. He will definitely be overpaid, but he would’ve been overpaid if he got his contract before the season started. I hope McCarthy will be fair and firm in his assessment of Dak if we do retain him. If he’s not up to snuff, then I hope he pounds the table to move on from him because that won’t sit well with Jerry.

All this nicey-nice, warm, fuzzy feelings and relinquishing power to McCarthy is a bit of a show. We all know if Jerry is threatened he will revert back to true form.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Though I agree with everything else, not sure if I can say Dak is better than Goff. Goff is pretty much as durable as Dak (I don’t think he’s missed a game to injury...?) and he has technically lead his team to a Superbowl. Did he crap the bed during it? Yeah. But he’s been farther than Dak has. So has Wentz. I know Garrett sucks, but 2016/2019 should have been his years and they weren’t.

Goff is a scared little weakling playing the QB position and his coach has to hold his hand.

Dak at least has great intangibles for as average as he is as a QB.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I see no need to abandon one and side with the other. Dak will be tagged and rewarded when the FO sees fit. The team includes the players and they're not a part of the negotiating process. It's between Dak and the FO. They'll settle it whenever the time is right for both parties to do so.

TWOK11

Reaction score
There is some good QB prospects in this draft too and even vets like Derek Carr and Marcus Mariotta could come in and run our offense and we wouldn’t see a huge drop off.

35 Million is just too much for what Dak offers.

You don’t think there would be a drop off between Dak and Marcus freaking Mariota?

Jesus some of you

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
I agree with you 100% but I want see Dak play in another scheme, with good coaching, for one season before I cut bait with him. If he proves worthy of a new contract then you have to bite the bullet, I guess. If you’re saying he’s such a gamble that he’s not worth a franchise year, then that’s where we differ. He will definitely be overpaid, but he would’ve been overpaid if he got his contract before the season started. I hope McCarthy will be fair and firm in his assessment of Dak if we do retain him. If he’s not up to snuff, then I hope he pounds the table to move on from him because that won’t sit well with Jerry.

All this nicey-nice, warm, fuzzy feelings and relinquishing power to McCarthy is a bit of a show. We all know if Jerry is threatened he will revert back to true form.

This is why I think we should franchise him. Granted, yes, it would cost us more but the difference is 1 year compared to 5. If he succeeds, great. Pay the higher price but if it doesn't work out. you dodged a 5 year bullet.

Zman5

Reaction score
Dak couldn’t even make the playoffs with a healthy team around him and a Philly team that was banged up.

Dak couldn’t score a TD against Philly or New England and our only TD in New Orleans came on the ground.

Why is Dak not doing anything against good teams.

So you think because Dak played bad in some games anyone can come in and play better? Even someone like Marriota? That's some big time reach in your logic.

Amari Cooper played bad in multiple games. So do you also think we can sign any scrub WR and that scrub wouldn't miss a beat either?

TWOK11

Reaction score
I think we could go 8-8 with them like we did with Dak sure..

Then there’s no point in discussing this further with you. Someone capable of believing such a thing is not someone I have the power to influence the opinions of.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Found it. Go to the beginning.

This seems to contradict the video in the OP.

He clearly says in this video that Jason Garrett, and not Dak Prescott, is the problem in Dallas.

Why if Dak is not the problem, why would you not pay him?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Then there’s no point in discussing this further with you. Someone capable of believing such a thing is not someone I have the power to influence the opinions of.

Dude Ryan Tannehill just beat Tom Brady.

I think we can afford a little drop off at QB and still be ok because the guy throwing the ball for us now is not that affective anyways.

Daks not making amazing plays that are elevating the offense. Dak is just running the offense.