Video: Are you a Dak fan or a Cowboys fan

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
great they dont match it we pay less for the Nonexclusive tag vs exclusive. Why the heck would we go any other route..it makes sense.. if teams arent willing to trade that for him it says something..Mahomes would get 2 1sts 2 2nds and a 3rd.. easy..i bet RW could get 2 1sts s few other not mane and thats the friggin point wake up Dak and his agents to that fact..

yes we are going to get a better backup amd/or a draft pick or both as a new HC and OC would be blind and stupoid to accept thats knowing the current situation.. if not we are doomed if MM cant convince Jerry to have a plan at the most important position on the field..

But this isn't within the realm of my comment, which talked about what would happen if they actually let Dak test his true market value. If they did that there would be no tag of any kind, and therefor no draft picks.

If we want to hit him with the non-exclusive tag, maybe that's a good way to go, but lets not call it a true test of market value.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he is saying that because that is what his level of play should get him in a realistic market.

The market for QB's is stupid and guys are getting overpaid and the team suffers for it.
A market is what people are willing to pay. If people are willing to pay $30-40 million, that's realistically what every team has to compete against.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
A market is what people are willing to pay. If people are willing to pay $30-40 million, that's realistically what every team has to compete against.

Meh. Doesn't always have to mean that. Just because Philly and Rams stupidly overpaid their QB's doesn't mean we have to. We need to tag him, let Dak prove himself, and draft a QB in the first round of the draft.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

And teams overpaying QB's are not winning championships...

Rookie Contract QB's and Elite QB's taking pay cuts are what are winning Championships.

We have nothing to show for Dak on his rookie deal. Paying him 35 mill a year doesn't make things easier.

blueblood70

Reaction score
But this isn't within the realm of my comment, which talked about what would happen if they actually let Dak test his true market value. If they did that there would be no tag of any kind, and therefor no draft picks.

If we want to hit him with the non-exclusive tag, maybe that's a good way to go, but lets not call it a true test of market value.
no reality is the Tgs were created to avoid this, you are talking nonsense they wont allow that,

so true business reality's say we keep all options in the debate.. the lettings him test the market with no compensation is not the reality of NFL football...Daks situation is sign what hes offered or he will be FT , he can hold out and we need to be prepared for that..

now heeres an option maybe they do Tag dak but tell his agents they woud remove the tag for a trade that got them say a #1 and #2 draft pick if he found that taking off the restictions but tagging him with non exclusive allows for the offers to come without vilting the rules ie tampering etc..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Meh. Doesn't always have to mean that. Just because Philly and Rams stupidly overpaid their QB's doesn't mean we have to. We need to tag him, let Dak prove himself, and draft a QB in the first round of the draft.
It actually does always mean that. If everyone else is paying at a certain level for certain services, and you are only willing to be significantly less, you will not be able to compete for the same services. The lone exception would be if a player gave a big hometown discount, and there is always a limit to how much of a discount a player is willing to give.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no reality is the Tgs were created to avoid this, you are talking nonsense they wont allow that,

so true business reality's say we keep all options in the debate.. the lettings him test the market with no compensation is not the reality of NFL football...Daks situation is sign what hes offered or he will be FT , he can hold out and we need to be prepared for that..

now heeres an option maybe they do Tag dak but tell his agents they woud remove the tag for a trade that got them say a #1 and #2 draft pick if he found that taking off the restictions but tagging him with non exclusive allows for the offers to come without vilting the rules ie tampering etc..

I'm just giving the reality that anything short of allowing a contract to expire without putting a tag on a player is not allowing him to test his true market value. Of course the Cowboys won't do that - I never suggested they would.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm just giving the reality that anything short of allowing a contract to expire without putting a tag on a player is not allowing him to test his true market value. Of course the Cowboys won't do that - I never suggested they would.
so its a moot conversation using your realm of comments' lol we are not talking Fantasy football trades or Madden rules..realitys' say we have to include some real possiblitys coming down the line for Daks contract..

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:lmao:
3lzoj4.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

HungryLion

Reaction score
It's based on looking at what actual elite guys are getting paid and what a guy like Dak should be getting compared to them.

Dak is a Honda Accord that costs as much as a Lamborgini

No, it’s still fantasy land. There are QB’s that Dak are better than, who make more than 18 million.

it’s fantasy land. Not the realities of the NFL. Or what sounds good to your gut because you don’t think he is that good.

its one thing to think it’s not smart to pay a QB that much money.

it’s another to say they “should” make 18 million. When that’s not realistic at all.

Dak at 25 mil per year would be a steal. That won’t happen either though, sadly.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No, it’s still fantasy land. There are QB’s that Dak are better than, who make more than 18 million.

it’s fantasy land. Not the realities of the NFL. Or what sounds good to your gut because you don’t think he is that good.

Ok.. Well then lets look at a reality since you think he's worth close to Russell Wilson money.

QB's with Rookie contracts and vets taking significant paycuts are the guys winning Superbowls.

Paying Dak a ton of money significantly hurts our chances of winning a Superbowl.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Ok.. Well then lets look at a reality since you think he's worth close to Russell Wilson money.

QB's with Rookie contracts and vets taking significant paycuts are the guys winning Superbowls.

Paying Dak a ton of money significantly hurts our chances of winning a Superbowl.

Where did I say he deserves Russell Wilson money? I haven’t. So let’s not make stuff up.

read my posts again Catch. You’re clearly not. I said it’s fine to argue that that paying a QB like Dak the market value isn’t wise for the overall team.

I’m simply stating that saying he should get 18 million is unrealistic nonsense, because it is.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Where did I say he deserves Russell Wilson money?

read my posts again Catch. You’re clearly not. I said it’s fine to argue that that paying a QB like Dak the market value isn’t wise for the overall team.

I’m simply stating that saying he should get 18 million is unrealistic nonsense, because it is.

Ok.. I agree that it's unrealistic because NFL teams have shown they are willing to get stupid with QB contracts.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Tom Brady can take pay cuts, His wife is the money maker , plus he makes money from other sources. If that wasn’t going on, trust me he would have The patriots over a barrel or Bill would have traded him or let him walk long ago.
Dak is legit.
You do know Dak has made many millions off the field too? I don't know if its annually but more likely combined espn said he has 50million in endorsement money. That's not bad at all so again what reason does Dak need this money when he's getting paid handsomely off the field too?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You do know Dak has made many millions off the field too? I don't know if its annually but more likely combined espn said he has 50million in endorsement money. That's not bad at all so again what reason does Dak need this money when he's getting paid handsomely off the field too?
You don't think Rodgers and Manning made it off the field as well?

It is as much about the almighty ego as money. If SF beats GB, after already beating Wilson and his 35M and Cousins and his 28M, and Rodgers 30M, think Garoppolo's 27.5M is going to fly? They will extend him and get him up there with the rest and the Cowboys could really screw it up by giving their QB, that's done nothing in the playoffs, a deal as big or bigger than Wilson's tops at 35M.

shabazz

Reaction score
:hammer:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The scared people's favorite line acting like we don't have a draft and or FA to get a QB not named Cooper Rush to be our starting QB smh. Don't know how people are so flipping scary.
One good reason is this team's history with QB's, they're the poster child for "rather be lucky than good".