Are you feeling the shift to Stephen Jones in the balance of power?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Not in the "gm is just a title" way. we all know jerry runs the show but he has no problem relenting on things depending on who has his ear at what time. He writes the checks but he's not a dictator. Like don't tell me parcells and chan gailey had equal sway. So with what clearly appears to be a Stephen jones era I sense an almost "analytical " style of gm'ing coming. I could see 5/6 of our next 8/9 top 100 picks being used in the trenches. I think we could see us do things totally different than other teams. stephen is probably close to 60. And he has a large bucket sized cranium. Him and Garrett could form an Interesting regime with ideas that we've never really seen before.

What kind of changes do you think we could see ?

yimyammer

Reaction score
Not in the "gm is just a title" way. we all know jerry runs the show but he has no problem relenting on things depending on who has his ear at what time. He writes the checks but he's not a dictator. Like don't tell me parcells and chan gailey had equal sway. So with what clearly appears to be a Stephen jones era I sense an almost "analytical " style of gm'ing coming. I could see 5/6 of our next 8/9 top 100 picks being used in the trenches. I think we could see us do things totally different than other teams. stephen is probably close to 60. And he has a large bucket sized cranium. Him and Garrett could form an Interesting regime with ideas that we've never really seen before.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

"stephen is probably close to 60".

He'll be 51 in July.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg

daveferr33

Reaction score
Not any more than in years past. Stephen has been given carte blanche to mismanage the cap for years now and to make inane comments to the media.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure till his last breath Jerry will have his say but I think Stephen has gained some power.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. Stephen Jones will never be more powerful than he is now within the Cowboys organization until Jerry dies.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Does it matter?

Both are drunk billionaire playboy wannabees ...... Stephen was on the party bus trying to swing with the refs (which did not help them against Greenbay) while Jerry was feeling up teenage strippers in the bathroom.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Does it matter?

Both are drunk billionaire playboy wannabees ...... Stephen was on the party bus trying to swing with the refs (which did not help them against Greenbay) while Jerry was feeling up teenage strippers in the bathroom.

I have to say that when I think of playboys neither one of the Jones boys comes to mind.

Oh never mind. I overlooked your "wannabe" reference.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

"Don't ever give an order like that again. Not while I'm alive"

"I command this family, right or wrong"

recoverysilks.png

khiladi

Reaction score
The return to the 4-3 was Lacewell, and the bringing in of Kiffen and Marinelli was essentially Lacewell, who was the guy pushing for it and Lacewell and Jerry are joined at the hip. Jerry just essentially surrounded Red Ginger with a bunch of experienced old guys to finally utilize the talent he had in his franchise QB. Even Callahan was one of them, though he left this year.

Jerry is just as involved as previous years, if not more.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

The only shift you "feel" is when you shift your junk from the left side to the right side.

No. Stephen Jones will never be more powerful than he is now within the Cowboys organization until Jerry dies.

Yup.

Jerry will listen to what Stephen says but he will do what the ***** he wants. Always!

Remember he is still trying to win that Super Bowl ALL ON HIS OWN(mind).

And don't any of you forget that!! Lol

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
Whoever decided not to draft Johnny Football is my hero! We finally have the OL in order. I can tell that better decisions have been made in the near past. I wasn't too mad at losing D. Murray, but landing Hardy the way they did is a coup. Things are looking up in the D!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
This signing actually has Jerry written all over it. Hardy is his Charles Haley. I don't think JG or Stephen would've done this on their own.