CZ POLL Are you glad Amari Cooper is no longer on the Cowboys?

Are you glad Amari Cooper is no longer on the Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CWR

Reaction score
Here’s an interesting thought: what did you get out of the Amari Cooper 100m$ contract? What tangible improvement did he make on the team?

You had him on that deal for 2 years, year 1 he performed about the same with Andy Dalton as he ever had with pro bowl QB Derek Carr or Pro Bowl QB Dak Prescott.

More importantly, last year you blew out the eagles twice, didn’t need him for that, won the NFC E with ease, didn’t need him for that, quickly exited the playoffs… didn’t need him for that.

It is entirely possible that 20m$ goes somewhere interesting, CeeDee takes a step forward with all the attention he’ll now get, and it actually was a net gain by dropping Amari. Addition by subtraction

I mean you can play that game for every failed season. We haven't gotten anything in 25+ years, but that don't mean you get there by shedding good players.

The results in 2018 were obvious and we got a playoff win for it. Without Coop that offense had imploded. Does that mean you'd pay 20 million for a playoff win? Of course not, but the idea is to have a vision for the team and accumulate talent.

It is entirely possible we put the money to better use. Unfortunately I don't think that's the case though. We like our guys.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I never give easy way out options in polls are most people would choose them. "Not caring" is the same as not voting and letting other people decide it for you :D

Oh, I care but see both sides to it…….I am okay with either choice; hence, the I don’t care either way opposed to a just I don’t care :grin:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The 16 million savings is the trade!!

Amari seldom showed up big in big games and especially late in big games.

To often he didn’t seem to want it bad enough!!
Bingo. He was ok with whatever happened, win or lose didn't seem to matter much. I liked him on the team, but not at this year's cap hit.

plymkr

Reaction score
Not happy with losing Cooper. I was a big Cooper fan. I don't see any logic with the idea that Dak is going to produce with less talent on the field. The naysayers will scream Cooper was lazy or unmotivated, or coaches didn't use him. Whatever. Even a lazy, misused Cooper is better than no Cooper at all. Defenses had to gameplan for him and account for him every play. The defense had no idea if Cooper wasn't going to get the ball but it was still a threat. Schultz numbers benefited from Cooper being there. We became a worse team today.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I just checked the poll and 80% disagree with getting rid of Cooper, including me.

As Helman said on the Break, Cooper is at top 10-12 WR in the league. Getting rid of him doesnt make your team better and he said even the Cowboys themselves dont think this move makes them better, but they think they can compensate the loss by using the resources to make other areas stronger.

I have my doubts.

morasp

Reaction score
The bottom line is the WR group won't be as good next year. My queston is how are they going to allocate the $16 million in cap savings. If they use the money they saved to fix the defense than it could be a good thing. But the word is this is going to be an offensive draft and we usually don't do much in FA. They should tank next season get another high draft pick and add another player like Parsons. Maybe even a QB if there is a really good one.

Motorola

Reaction score
Yes

Never was a fan. Soft, mentally-weak, INJURY PRONE, and disappears too often.

I grew up watching Michael Irvin and Dez Bryant alpha types be the one leading our WR group.

Let him go for 6/100/2 tds against the Jags and then turn around and go 1/13/0 tds against the Ravens, in Cleveland
2018 - started remaining 9 games after trade to Dallas
2019 - started all 16 games
2020 - played in all 16 games, started in 15.
2021 - started in 14 games, played in 15, missed the other 2 games when Cooper tested positive for COVID-19.
Injury prone he was not.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
2018 - started remaining 9 games after trade to Dallas
2019 - started all 16 games
2020 - played in all 16 games, started in 15.
2021 - started in 14 games, played in 15, missed the other 2 games when Cooper tested positive for COVID-19.
Injury prone he was not.
Just because he played through the injuries, doesnt mean he isnt injury prone

kevm3

Reaction score
This was a terrible trade. Why would anyone be happy that he's gone? It's not like we're going to actually improve the team with those cap savings. The moment it got leaked that we were ready to cut him, his trade value plummeted. Now Gallup has a ton of leverage, even though he seems to be becoming injury prone and

Status
Not open for further replies.