CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak as the quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak as the quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barewulf

Reaction score
Dak is a top ten QB he is not top 5 but you can win a title with , the Eagles won one with Nick Foles,

but you need a running game signing Zeke was the worse thing Dallas as done in a long time.

Dak did not even play that bad, lots of plays called back because of penalties,

Didn't play that bad(ly)? He was freaking 20 for 40....on 5 - 10 yard routes.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
There is no walking away from the albatross contract given to Dak. No one will be stupid enough to trade for him. The only viable alternative is to rework the offensive line, start by replacing Connor Williams the Tyler Biadicz.

If I were Jerry I would look at drafting a QB high in the next 2 years.

Homer

Reaction score
Yes and no

he’s not terrible but he ain’t all pro either

he’s better than Bledsoe, testaverde, carter, Wright, Hutchinson, dalton, cassell but he’s not a QB that’s going to will you into a championship like Brady, Rodgers, mahomes, Manning, brees, etc

We have other problems more pressing than QB Imo

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The way he continued to miss open throws in crucial moments just absolutely killed us today. That interception was also a really bad decision with the DB hanging all over the wide out. I have been a big Dak supporter, but honestly the last 10 weeks of football have really exposed him as nothing special. We are stuck with him for another 3 years though so we had better start trying some new ideas to get this thing jump started. To start I would replace the OC ASAP. Why is it that coaches can get more out of a QB like Jimmy G (who Dak is obviously better than)? They know how to scheme effectively for their personnel. This is something Kellen has proven to be totally inept at.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The way he continued to miss open throws in crucial moments just absolutely killed us today. That interception was also a really bad decision with the DB hanging all over the wide out. I have been a big Dak supporter, but honestly the last 10 weeks of football have really exposed him as nothing special. We are stuck with him for another 3 years though so we had better start trying some new ideas to get this thing jump started. To start I would replace the OC ASAP. Why is it that coaches can get more out of a QB like Jimmy G (who Dak is obviously better than)? They know how to scheme effectively for their personnel. This is something Kellen has proven to be totally inept at.

Is Dak better than Jimmy G? I don’t think so.

Spurdog

Reaction score
Yes and no

he’s not terrible but he ain’t all pro either

he’s better than Bledsoe, testaverde, carter, Wright, Hutchinson, dalton, cassell but he’s not a QB that’s going to will you into a championship like Brady, Rodgers, mahomes, Manning, brees, etc

We have other problems more pressing than QB Imo
You cannot win a SB with Dak. I don't care what other problems you fix,and they are many. Teams that go to and win SB's have top tier QB play, consistently and he ain't it.
People keep bringing of Trent Dilfer yada, yada. That's a freaking unicorn scenario and a cop out. We have to make the tough decision. Elliot also has a contract way bigger than his contributions. Jerry just keeps doing dumb sht over and over again..........that's the "other" problem. That ain't getting solved anytime soon.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Is Dak better than Jimmy G? I don’t think so.

He is absolutely better than Jimmy G. Jimmy G is much more turnover prone and maxes out as like a 20 TD guy most seasons. Dak is certainly more talented, but that isn't really saying a ton. We could win with a guy like Dak if he was on a Jimmy G type contract, but unfortunately he is on a Patrick Mahomes type contract.

nobody

Reaction score
I was on board with him....and still believe he could he something, but he's not the same person that he was before the two injuries. Last season's season-ending injury and then the injury this season....he's just not the same player.

Sure, his stats during the regular season were still good, but he hesitates more, holds on to the ball, and seems to play with less confidence. Can it be fixed? I don't know. For what he's being paid and how it will affect the talent on the team? They can't afford to have the QB not play elite with that salary. So no, I'm not happy with having him as QB but I'm not saying get rid of him either. I'm just not happy.

bewp7

Reaction score
one thing i just do not under stand is why jerry gave him that contract when he knew dak was very limited and not a true franchise qb.

i still remember jerry interview where he talk about how the whole offense have to be design and builded to be "dak friendly"

that is not what u say about a franchise qb haha jerry knew this

it is why he franchise dak and did not sign him to a long term contract so much sooner he knew lol

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He’s fine until we need great play in tough games.

the entire point of playing in the nfl is to win a super bowl.

A QB who relies on optimal conditions around him can’t win a super bowl. It’s being proven time and again. Our defense isn’t (and won’t be) good enough to carry Dak to a championship.

Dak’s a fine regular season qb and a good leader, but we’re spinning our wheels with him
I'm even doubting his leadership at this point. How can someone who's so obviously afraid to play be a leader of men? I've given him the benefit of the doubt for far too long, but I now realize we're going nowhere with him. He's not even a bus driver. He's the annoying guy behind the driver.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak is a top ten QB he is not top 5 but you can win a title with , the Eagles won one with Nick Foles,

but you need a running game signing Zeke was the worse thing Dallas as done in a long time.

Dak did not even play that bad, lots of plays called back because of penalties,
No, Dak was terrible. He would've looked a little better if his receivers could catch the balls that actually got to them, but he was still bad. Throwing behind or in the dirt is no way to win games.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
People seem to forget JJ wanted to give him 5 years. Dak held out for four and obviously more money.

I think if you have an opportunity to get a developmental guy next year in the middle rounds you take it. You have to prepare. Cause dak has a 2 year window now. If he doesn’t win anything he’ll be cut before his contract is up.

The only chance we have is to bring in a real head coach. Someone who can get the most out of dak and this team

NEOM

Reaction score
I couldnt really believe my eyes. There were two QBs on the field, from both teams, who tried to lose the game. Dak is a average QB, with some great moments, but he will and cannot carry this team.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I couldnt really believe my eyes. There were two QBs on the field, from both teams, who tried to lose the game. Dak is a average QB, with some great moments, but he will and cannot carry this team.
What made anyone think that he could? Beating up bad teams is not a reason to fork over 40mil a year to a below average QB. And for all those claiming this is the QB market just remember you wanted this, you asked for it begged for it and now you have it. Enjoy the pain.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
If this team was smart they take a flier on a qb in the draft and try to develop him. I see no downside.

Cause if dak can’t accomplish anything next year with this squad you’d consider cutting him. Start preparing now for the future in case

And idc if that hurts daks feelings. The packers did it to rodgers. The 49ers did it to Jimmy g. It motivated both to play better.

Status
Not open for further replies.