CZ POLL Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting CB Nahshon Wright with the 99th pick?

Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting CB Nahshon Wright with the 99th pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarke82

Reaction score
I don't know enough about this player. He seems to have good ball skills but, he's rail thin and doesn't appear to be very strong.

He seems too high wasted to play corner in the NFL but, the Cowboys scouts, coaches and front office knows a hell of a lot more than I.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
I'm based in the UK so didn't stay up beyond the Joseph pick to the early hours of the morning. Looked on my phone the next day and thought who?

3 picks in the 3rd and I thought the choice would be either a), 3 solid picks or b), package picks up and get back in the 2nd. I didn't realise there was a 3rd option c), wasting 3 potentially valuable picks on reaches but guess I was wrong.

Just hope Wright doesn't start reading this forum as that will knock his confidence before he even gets started here. I can see this poll being 100% no and the Cox poll being 100% yes by the time people are done voting.

cowboyec

Reaction score
no.
and its not so much because of him.
its there were others still on the board at various positions i'd have prefered and that many had him as a 7th rd pick.

i like the player.
love his size.
willingness to tackle.
another high effort player.
never quits.

but it was....a bit early.

hope he makes it.
love his story.
im gonna root like hell for him.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Wright is the kind of underdog I like to root for. He couldn't find any college interest so he went to junior college, where he flashed and ended up choosing Oregon State over Boise State, which were two of the four colleges that wanted him. He managed to get honorable mention for all-conference, and now he's heading for the Cowboys' training camp.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Love it. Love hearing all the experts here and everywhere rip the pick. Makes it fun. I just may adopt him as my pet cat. I love it that he torques so many people off and drives them crazy.

I also like him saying he is a more talented and athletic Richard Sherman. Fun stuff. Entertaining.

Good luck to him. Be great fun if he succeeds.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
No. He’s ours though. You hope he succeeds. I can see this pick easily in Rd 7. We’d be talking a fun, longshot. I just think we wasted it in the 3rd with more seasoned guys there. But I don’t think people are cheering against him

Dre11

Reaction score
Like most, I have no issue with the player, but when he was taken was a massive reach.
this I don't understand, Why worry about where he was picked, if this guy is a player they wanted and they think he's going to help their team win, why does it matter? I think most of those draft guys that cry about reaching only do it because they want to right about where guys should be picked. that doesn't matter at all. if he's here helping this season, nobody will care where he was picked.

Plankton

Reaction score
I hope to hell that this kid does well, and exceeds expectations. Because, due to no fault of his own, he was a ridiculous reach. A similar sized, more superior athletic profiled player went the pick after him, and represented a far better value. Wright does seem to have good ball skills, but he's not an explosive player, doesn't turn well, and will not be a successful press corner until he can put more strength and mass on.

Status
Not open for further replies.