CZ POLL Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting DT Quinton Bohanna with the 192th pick?

Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting DT Quinton Bohanna with the 192th pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
At least they recognize that there is a problem at the position. Now if they only could realize that safety isn't a position where you want to just stuff anybody
The Cowboys seem to not think the safety position is important. I guess their figuring is it shouldn't ever come to a safety making a play because the other D players should make the play before that. But you're right, you can't just put anyone back there.

JBS

Reaction score
No shame lol. I saw the vote when I put mine down.

Just think they are more explosive and more mobile. I think they just picking Bohanna cause of arm length.

You talk about the importance of a nt. You also clearly know exactly what a nt is used for. And then you compare Bo with M. Wilson? Ummm what?

Omegasupreme

Reaction score
This is one of those deals where the fans have been begging for a fat body 1 tech so long that at this point any movement in that direction seems like a gift.
That and McCarthy told Bohanna “I told you was coming for you”. It’s not flyer pick or consolation pick for that round. I think McCarthy was considering BJ Raji but even more so, Bohanna is an absolute freak. Broaddus and McClay both raved that Bohanna stays “square to the line of scrimmage and is not moved”.
It’s about time. The “good natured undersized character hustle players” at a position that needs unapologetic hulks or absolute freaks is thankfully a thing of the past. Clap off.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I'm confused by this. Since we didn't need to draft him earlier to get him why would we be bothered that he wasn't drafted earlier? Wouldn't getting him with a lower pick be a plus?

What I meant was not drafting a DT like him earlier, not the particular man himself. Sorry, didn't make that clear....

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We just need a big body in the middle that can't be tossed around on run downs and on the goal line. Its a rare DT that can be an effective pass rusher AND stop the run. We don't have one, but we can still do a lot better than last year.

Creeper

Reaction score
Not happy with this one. From the little I've seen he doesn't play as big as he looks and I think there were better options there for a nose tackle.

This is an interesting perspective. Maybe we have not scrutinized this pick enough because it is only a 6th round pick, but what separates Bohanna from Tonga, for example?

I don't have any numbers on Bohanna's strength. As far as I can tell he did not participate in the bench press on his pro day. Bohanna has long arms, and maybe that is the difference but length without strength at NT is worthless.

Besides Tonga who are the other options? Twyman? He had 10.5 sack in 2019, but he is small for a NT.

The DTs taken after Bohanna were: Roy Lopez, Jonathan Marshall, Marlon Tuipulotu, Twyman, Phil Hoskins, and Tonga. The last 2 were taken in round 7. Of these DTs, I liked Marshall and Tuipulotu going into the draft but they are not really Bohanna like NTs. Tonga is, so the argument could be made he was an better option. But they could have taken Tonga in the 7th round. Maybe taking Deonte Brown in the 6th and Tonga in the 7th will turn out to be the better option.

Reactions: CWR

Beaker42

Reaction score
No shame lol. I saw the vote when I put mine down.

Just think they are more explosive and more mobile. I think they just picking Bohanna cause of arm length.
Tonga sucks. I saw him get pushed all over the field so much one game he might as well have been in a stroller and thought “Yep, we’ll take him.” Glad I was wrong.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Wow. This board has never been more in agreement.

CWR

Reaction score
That and McCarthy told Bohanna “I told you was coming for you”. It’s not flyer pick or consolation pick for that round. I think McCarthy was considering BJ Raji but even more so, Bohanna is an absolute freak. Broaddus and McClay both raved that Bohanna stays “square to the line of scrimmage and is not moved”.
It’s about time. The “good natured undersized character hustle players” at a position that needs unapologetic hulks or absolute freaks is thankfully a thing of the past. Clap off.

Great post. Love it!

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
I've wanted a BIG DUDE like this on the Cowboys for far too long! Outside Micah, this is my favorite draft pick.

ghst187

Reaction score
Yeah good with the pick except I wanted McNeil in round 2 instead

Status
Not open for further replies.