Are you happy with the Fabini Signing?

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Well guys I'm not sure about this Fabini Character. I've been reading a lot of your comments about him and it seems like you guys dont even really know who this guy is. You guys are getting all happy about Fabini just because of who we had starting at RT last year. I dont wanna just go into the Season with Fabini, just becaue he's a upgrade over Pettiti, I mean anyone is an upgrade over pettiti.

I know many of you are against talking to the fans of players EX-Teams but in this situation I think that's the best way to know how good a player performed and will perform in the near future... People tell me that talking to players EX fans, is bad but I disagree!!!!- Look at LAroi Glover...Are we going to lie to the Rams fans and tell them Loroi Glover is a bad player? No of course not, we're not talking about T.O here where FAns want revenge. Anyways i'll skip to the point...

Put his past aside and look at his recent track record. The man is a has been, he no longer is a ROCK SOLID Starting RT. He's been banged up for the last 2 years and from what I here he's become a liability to the JETS. What makes him become so good now as a COWBOy? He's not 100% healthy and I dont want that as my STarting RT...:mad:

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
Yes im very pleased. We needed the help on the o-line. Fabini wasnt released because of his play. I'm glad we capitalized on the opportunity to upgrade the line.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
miamicowboy21 said:
Yes im very pleased. We needed the help on the o-line. Fabini wasnt released because of his play. I'm glad we capitalized on the opportunity to upgrade the line.
I'm an Upgrade over Pettiti:banghead:

VirusX

Reaction score
DallasDomination said:
I'm an Upgrade over Pettiti:banghead:

Prove it. I bet your nickname would be "pancaked". I can see it now, Dallas " Pancaked" Domination is stale after his most recent performance. That kind of talk is ignorant. Frankly you should keep those comments to yourself. I am ashamed of some of the people here. Bad mouthing a late 2nd day pick who really did exceed almost anyones expectations. Especially when his proud father is on this board, and yes he has PLENTY to be proud of.

Yes he got beat but look who he was beaten by, all pro's. Any and I mean ANY tackle in the NFC East will struggle as a rookie look who they face. Strahan (sack record holder) Kearse (Freak Passrusher) just to name a few. Hell half of phillys defense is nothing but pass rush.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
DallasDomination said:
Well guys I'm not sure about this Fabini Character. I've been reading a lot of your comments about him and it seems like you guys dont even really know who this guy is. You guys are getting all happy about Fabini just because of who we had starting at RT last year. I dont wanna just go into the Season with Fabini, just becaue he's a upgrade over Pettiti, I mean anyone is an upgrade over pettiti.

I know many of you are against talking to the fans of players EX-Teams but in this situation I think that's the best way to know how good a player performed and will perform in the near future... People tell me that talking to players EX fans, is bad but I disagree!!!!- Look at LAroi Glover...Are we going to lie to the Rams fans and tell them Loroi Glover is a bad player? No of course not, we're not talking about T.O here where FAns want revenge. Anyways i'll skip to the point...

Put his past aside and look at his recent track record. The man is a has been, he no longer is a ROCK SOLID Starting RT. He's been banged up for the last 2 years and from what I here he's become a liability to the JETS. What makes him become so good now as a COWBOy? He's not 100% healthy and I dont want that as my STarting RT...:mad:

Fabini has been rock solid throughtout his career, not a superstar, but far from a weak link either.....my only concern is that he's another lineman coming off an injury. But I think he's still young enough to be effective and play at a high level if healthy.

At least now we do have Petitti for depth and he did start last year, so hopefully he will continue to develop and see playing time in spot duty to continue his development.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
VirusX said:
Prove it. I bet your nickname would be "pancaked". I can see it now, Dallas " Pancaked" Domination is stale after his most recent performance. That kind of talk is ignorant. Frankly you should keep those comments to yourself. I am ashamed of some of the people here. Bad mouthing a late 2nd day pick who really did exceed almost anyones expectations. Especially when his proud father is on this board, and yes he has PLENTY to be proud of.

Yes he got beat but look who he was beaten by, all pro's. Any and I mean ANY tackle in the NFC East will struggle as a rookie look who they face. Strahan (sack record holder) Kearse (Freak Passrusher) just to name a few. Hell half of phillys defense is nothing but pass rush.

Well I cant believe you're getting so upset over my comment. You live in a has been world my friend, I dont care if pettiti's dad is on here or not, what is that supposed to mean?-Should I just lie to him and say hey your son is our RT and I'm Happy?....Listen I'm glad Pettiti made it to the NFL I hope he does good, personally I have nothing against him, but on the field he's a liability and You know it.

Maybe we're not on the same page here, Because I want the COWBOYS to WIN ball Games, Dont you?

Mansta54

Reaction score
DallasDomination said:

Fabini is solid and will play very well for BP. I'm glad he's here..

cowboygolfer

Reaction score
I am not ready to throw Pettiti under the bus after a performance that we should have expected from a first year rookie, forced to start long before he had the oprotunity to bulk to an NFL level and prepare his technique. I am also pleased with the Fabini Signing because it should allow Pettiti or whomever to develope into a long term starter.

If it si Pettiti Great if it si someone else So be it. Fabini is a quality signing for the next year or two.

dwdj75

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
DallasDomination said:
Well I cant believe you're getting so upset over my comment. You live in a has been world my friend, I dont care if pettiti's dad is on here or not, what is that supposed to mean?-Should I just lie to him and say hey your son is our RT and I'm Happy?....Listen I'm glad Pettiti made it to the NFL I hope he does good, personally I have nothing against him, but on the field he's a liability and You know it.

Maybe we're not on the same page here, Because I want the COWBOYS to WIN ball Games, Dont you?

I wonder if people said the same thing about Larry Allen is 1st year.

So you probably looked at Aikman after the 89' season and said "Cut him".

C'mon man he was a ROOKIE last year, at least be patient enough to give him more than one year.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He was also a rookie forced to stay in the starting spot with a high ankle sprain because we had nothing behind him. And the Cowboys couldn't even give the guy help because 3rd yr healthy Torrin Tucker couldn't stop anyone.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Guys I'm not saying Cut pettiti I'm just saying He should of never started last year, and he shouldnt start this year if Fabini goes down, or struggles.

I dont think the COWBoys are in any place to be toying around with backups( Pettiti) and playuers on teh decline ( fabini) if they wanna protect Bledsoe and get this team on the right direction. This isnt 89 where the Team was on rebuilding mode, this is 2006 and they are trying to win at all cost.....

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Fabini is a better player than Ryan Young. Remember we got him from the Jets too in 2003. Thing about Fabini is he will play when he is hurt, if he cant play, its a serious injury. I look at Fabini like Mark Tuneii, at the same time of their careers.

Best I remember Mark Tuneii, was a bust until Jimmy Johnson got here. He had the potential, but never lived up to it. Yet, he was a steady LT. Fabini isnt going to blow or be totally dominate at 31, but he can be steeady, and now with TO defenses dont know if its pass or run. That will help Fabini and rest of the offensive line.

Teams wont be able to blitz as much, either. Remember Ryan Young was good till about the 12th game, then he wore down. If anything, Fabini can also tutor Petti, help him come into his own. So give it a chance, dont judge until you see the results.

Eddie

Reaction score
DallasDomination said:
Guys I'm not saying Cut pettiti I'm just saying He should of never started last year, and he shouldnt start this year if Fabini goes down, or struggles.

I dont think the COWBoys are in any place to be toying around with backups( Pettiti) and playuers on teh decline ( fabini) if they wanna protect Bledsoe and get this team on the right direction. This isnt 89 where the Team was on rebuilding mode, this is 2006 and they are trying to win at all cost.....

Unfortunately, few teams have quality backups. That's the world of FA.

Most teams are an injury away from tossing in the season. I have a feeling the Colts, without Manning, won't be very good.

We'll try and cover as many bases as possible, but let's be honest, which FA is coming in here agreeing to be a backup???

dwdj75

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
DallasDomination said:

No he shouldn't have started, and I doubt Bill wanted to start him and leave him out there. But Flozell went down and there wasn't much of a choice.

Hell our starting line near the end was ...

LT Tucker
LG Allen
C Johnson
RG Peterman
RT Pettiti

jrumann59

Reaction score
You need to cut Pettit a break, he was a rookie and he played LT through much of HS and college, the tendencies you have for one position have to be reversed for another and sometimes that in itself is a togh transition. O=line is a lot of foot work and balance and changing to the other side will throw your balance and foot work off for a young player that is also worried about the games speed, too much for one person to assimilate on the fly.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
DallasDomination said:

That's why NE, Tampa and Buffalo wanted to sign him- because he's a liability.:rolleyes: Look we had planned to sign Anthony Munoz but as it turns out he retired about a decade ago. So Fabini was our fallback position.:D

It sounds like YOU don't know a thing about Fabini. He hasn't played RT in 6 years, he's been at LT. He had played in 114 straight games before his injury last year. And the Jets were like 20m over the cap so he was an obvious target to be cut at his salary and age. But the contract he signed here was very reasonable. He passed the physical- do you know something the doctor's don't about his medical condition? Please share it.:confused:

The guy has experience at both tackle positions, he's been durable and he's reasonably priced. What's not to like?

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
That's why NE, Tampa and Buffalo wanted to sign him- because he's a liability.:rolleyes: Look we had planned to sign Anthony Munoz but as it turns out he retired about a decade ago. So Fabini was our fallback position.:D

It sounds like YOU don't know a thing about Fabini. He hasn't played RT in 6 years, he's been at LT. He had played in 114 straight games before his injury last year. And the Jets were like 20m over the cap so he was an obvious target to be cut at his salary and age. But the contract he signed here was very reasonable. He passed the physical- do you know something the doctor's don't about his medical condition? Please share it.:confused:

The guy has experience at both tackle positions, he's been durable and he's reasonably priced. What's not to like?

Post of the week. Thanks for saying what I wanted to say. I don't see this as a bad signing, nor do I see it as a sign that the Cowboys have given up on Pettiti. It was an opportunity to upgrade depth at a position that needed it.
:bow:

DallasDomination

Reaction score
DLCassidy said:

You're right I dont know much about Fabini, but from the looks of it most of you dont either. You look at his track record and speak on it like that's confirmation enough for us to believe he's still a solid good player.

LIke I said earlier Fabini is a Upgrade over Pettiti. Sure I'm happy for that, but is he the answer for RT?- I'm not sure, Jet Fans sure didnt think so. LIke I said He's been injured and has become a liability to THEM!, I never said us, that's yet to be seen.