Are you happy with the Fabini Signing?

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I'm not happy with it. Man, how often does Petitti have to prove everyone wrong.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dmq said:
I'm not happy with it. Man, how often does Petitti have to prove everyone wrong.

Petitti has proven only that he was drafted right about where he should be.

If he were to start again next season and continue to play like a 6th round pick then we'd be in trouble.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
I love the Fabini signing. The guy signed for peanuts. He has been relatively healthy. He is probably a better RT than LT, but can play both.

Everyone was whining about signing another old Parcells player. Everyone thought he was going to be expensive. :rolleyes:

By the end of the year, I wouldn't be surprised to see everyone talking up this signing a la Aaron Glenn last year.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
dwdj75 said:
No he shouldn't have started, and I doubt Bill wanted to start him and leave him out there. But Flozell went down and there wasn't much of a choice.

Hell our starting line near the end was ...

LT Tucker
LG Allen
C Johnson
RG Peterman
RT Pettiti

It was actually Gurode starting at RG, not Peterman... Just thought u should know. :D

Galian Beast

Reaction score
We're clearly drafting a tackle early with the signing of Fabini over an Ashworth.

I'd assume we draft guard fairly early as well depending on what we do with Allen.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Galian Beast said:
We're clearly drafting a tackle early with the signing of Fabini over an Ashworth.

I'd assume we draft guard fairly early as well depending on what we do with Allen.

Why do you say that? We already have youth at tackle on the team to learn from Fabini.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The original poster says that we dont seem to know anything about Fabini but then has been looking over our posts and then came to the conclusion that he was not a solid RT. Does this sound ignorant to anyone else?

Fabini plays hurt and has been part of some very good OLs in NY over the past oh 7 years or so. He is 31 and has the veteran experience to be able to come in and mesh well. Hes a battler and will fight tooth and nail against defensive linemen. That is exactly the type of character you want on you offensive line. We have him for ages 31 to 34 where we cut ties with him just about the time he should be getting long in the tooth. He is signed to a very very good deal for a starting RT.

He was hurt last year. He tore a pectoral which made it impossible to get any punch coming off the block and rendered him unable to play. This is not a knee injury or the type of injury that sends up red flags. This is the type of injury that you recover completely from and return to your previosu form. Ryan Young's knees are an example of an injury that does send up red flags.

Now at 310 he has adequate size and I suppose I would prefer a 325 lbs monster at RT but I am figuring that considering his past success when healthy he will be able to get the job done.

No mention of Pettiti. I actually think Pettiti is in a position to get better he was a rookie playing hurt against some of the top talent in the league. He got beat but he kept battling. I like that and am rooting for him.

Regardless Fabini is ot all world but all signs point to him gettimg health and back in form at the age of 31 with a muscle tear in his chest.

Rush 2112

Reaction score
2 of the OL liabilities the Jets cut will be starting for other teams next year. Fabini and Mawae. I've watched the Jets 20 times over the last 2 years and taped half of them knowing they'd have to make a purge soon.

If healthy our right side is now better than our left and can do things they can't athletically.

Amazing how Fabini wasn't a liability while helping lead the way for Martin over the last 10k or so yards and 1600 (league leader) in 2004.

2003 NYJ 13th sacks allowed.

2004 NYJ 8th sacks allowed

2005 NYJ 29th sacks allowed (Fabini and Mawae hurt and McKenzie lost in FA)