Arena Football League to return in 2024

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
As much as I love football, there’s too much of it, which is why these leagues keep failing. I’m strictly an NFL fan. Once the NFL season is over I prefer taking a break from watching football and focus on the offseason.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Why? We already have the AFL, now the XFL, dumb concepts like the fan-controlled league, now the arena league is making a comeback. I just don't see how any of these have a real shot at sticking around. Maybe one of them actually partners with the NFL and becomes a feeder league that also agrees to test new rule concepts for the following year. That is about the only way I can see any profitability from these.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Why? We already have the AFL, now the XFL, dumb concepts like the fan-controlled league, now the arena league is making a comeback. I just don't see how any of these have a real shot at sticking around. Maybe one of them actually partners with the NFL and becomes a feeder league that also agrees to test new rule concepts for the following year. That is about the only way I can see any profitability from these.
Partnering with the NFL is the only way one will stay long term because the NFL can afford to fund it even as it fails financially

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I used to follow another arena league and it's dangerous because of the walls. Saw a guy break his neck. Ever since, I cringe when I think about arena leagues.

What if college football was opposite the NFL? I would watch more of it. As it stands, I only watch college in the offseason when I'm looking for players who could make the NFL.

csirl

Reaction score
I'd love there to be one good spring league, that is stable and well iorganised. Attracting those players who are just missed out on the NFL. There's too much fragmentation right now.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
While I was not an avid watcher, I found the games I did watch to be fun.