Video: Arian Foster on Dak "I think he lost confidence in his game"

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It doesn't take a former NFL player to see this.

The dude can't handle pressure. It was easy when you were the 4th round pick, feel good story, that was overachieving.

Now you're paid, expected to be great, and expected to lead your team places. When you don't you're going to get criticized much more for it because of your contract.

His skills can't back up everyones expectations for him. He knows this.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Had to quit after Sanders was greatest player of all time. For the record a qb cannot do it alone but a good can put you o er the top. A accurate qb with a average arm can get u there with a lot of help. Dak has been measured, they give him outside, they give him a crowded middle. As a result he holds the ball. Once teams get ahead, they back off and Dak begins to complete the middle and we score but it's too late. This is now the status quo for defening Dak. He will excel against crap defeses and stink against average or better.
So yes, they've climbed in his head. He cannot get them out. It would mean throwing into tight middle coverage or like Romo was screaming take the 10 yd out!!
But he cannot.
Wanna save him? Possibly?
Move him around, and hire a OL coach, not the epic fail we have now. Of have some back ups, in case you have to bench the 40million dollar mistake.
For the record, i love Dak, I hope we give him a script he can win with, because he's done in the pocket every play.
KELLEN!

shabazz

Reaction score
….if true, it’s the worst possible scenario. At least a physical injury will heal but if it’s in his head, it might be tougher to get over. A sports psychologist wouldn’t be the worst idea.

Many high paid executives get “life coaching” from experts and if I had a 160 million dollar employee with a mental based issue, I would spare no expense in getting him/her help

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

The dude can't handle pressure. It was easy when you were the 4th round pick, feel good story, that was overachieving.

Now you're paid, expected to be great, and expected to lead your team places. When you don't you're going to get criticized much more for it because of your contract.

Yah. The expectations of others and the expectations he has for himself is a lot of pressure.

He failed to deliver. He struggled and everyone saw it. I think this is where Kellen failed him. Instead of making some adjustments to help (more RPOs, rollouts, designed runs etc…), they continued to do the same thing and they got diminishing returns.

The “impressive” offensive outputs in Dec were hollow and served to feed the team’s denial of Dak’s struggles. Poor leadership. You can’t freeze up when things get tough… Gotta exhaust options and push through the fear wall to overcome adversity.

We did not do that in 2021. Now we are set to run it back with the same crew in 2022. Expecting different results would be foolish

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Sadly, I was right about what Dak is and a lot of you were wrong.

His start to this season almost fooled me. Not gonna lie. But teams adjusted and Dak proved he’s just not that kind of player.

Daks only as good as his run game.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Dak clearly did have confidence issues after week 7 last year, hopefully an off-season studying tape and recovering from his injuries will help.

visionary

Reaction score
Yah. The expectations of others and the expectations he has for himself is a lot of pressure.

He failed to deliver. He struggled and everyone saw it. I think this is where Kellen failed him. Instead of making some adjustments to help (more RPOs, rollouts, designed runs etc…), they continued to do the same thing and they got diminishing returns.

The “impressive” offensive outputs in Dec were hollow and served to feed the team’s denial of Dak’s struggles. Poor leadership. You can’t freeze up when things get tough… Gotta exhaust options and push through the fear wall to overcome adversity.

We did not do that in 2021. Now we are set to run it back with the same crew in 2022. Expecting different results would be foolish

Yeah, everyone else is failing Dak inciuding the GM and the coaches and other players but somehow the “elite QB” bears little to no responsibility

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Yeah, everyone else is failing Dak inciuding the GM and the coaches and other players but somehow the “elite QB” bears little to no responsibility

He is what he has always been. A mid level QB that can play well when the running game is leading the offense.

Expecting him to “carry” the team as a passer is a failure on the part of management to accurately evaluate the player.

The fact he was able to hold the franchise over a barrel and get $40 mil per year is also their fault— because they balked when they could have signed him for 30 mil per year two seasons earlier.

The only way we win with Prescott is to cut ties with Philbin, hire a genius running focused OL coach, add OL talent and rebuild the OL, cut Zeke, feed Pollard, and add another dynamic RB to the mix so that Dak can utilize play-action whenever necessary.

His limitations as a QB will handcuff production against any defense that can stop our ground game. Therefore— while he is QB, invest resources in making the ground game as unstoppable as possible.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

That is what scares me about Dak. His lost confidence is a big issue. Dak has not been the same quarterback since the Cowboys collapse in 2019. He makes one great throw, then the next throw is in the stands. Dak is basically Jimmy G.