Arik Armstead

ksg811

Reaction score
I'm not sure this is accurate. I thought that if a player were cut or traded before the league year, the team was no longer responsible for Roster, workout and any additional Option Bonus. I mean, I'm not an authority so I could definitely be wrong there but if that's how it works, then I would think that we would be on the hook for the balance. Trust me, I hope your way is the way. That's a much better deal.

You are correct when it comes to roster, workout and option bonuses, but that doesn’t apply to signing bonuses.

Every dollar paid to a player by a team must be accounted for against their cap. Thomas was paid an 18.6M signing bonus at signing, which was prorated over the 4 years of his deal (5th year option is not included for bonus proration), and therefor must all be accounted for by SF. They must still account for the final 2 years of that proration, whether he remains on the team, is traded, or is cut.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The original posts states that Thomas will move back to his original spot and Armstead is rumored to be available for trade.
Hate to break it to you but people can say anything they want doesn't make it fact until proven......which after i asked he provided proof.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Yeah they would be basing that decision on what they say in college because he hasn’t done much in the NFL. If they were interested they would say he’s been playing out of position. He’s the same size as Donald. The Unicorn of 3-techs.

He is but he does not posses the same quickness or strength that Donald has. That's kind of why I am skeptical of moving him inside. He is Aaron Donald a step slower, without the ability to bull rush on the leverage and just doesn't have the same motor. I mean, even when he was at Stanford, he just didn't finish plays. Like he took plays off and you couldn't figure out why.