Arizona WR Mike Thomas the Pac 10's best; another read on mike thomas

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Arizona WR Mike Thomas the Pac 10's best
6:00 AM Mon, Apr 20, 2009 | Permalink
Rick Gosselin E-mail News tips

Four of the top six passing teams in the NCAA last season were from Texas and two more played their college football up the road in Oklahoma: Texas Tech, Houston, Oklahoma, Rice, Texas and Tulsa.

So it's interesting that DeSoto's Mike Thomas chose to leave the area to play his college ball. Thomas turned down scholarship offers from Texas A&M, Texas Tech and Oklahoma to attend school at Arizona. Why not stay home?

"I ask myself the same question at times," Thomas said. "I was ready to get away from home and try something new. It was different scenery for me -- and I knew I had the opportunity to play right away."

Turns out it was the right decision. Thomas, who also turned down Boston College and Notre Dame, became a three-year starter and the Pac 10's all-time leading receiver with 259 career catches. He was a two-time all-conference pick as both a wide receiver and kick returner. Now he projects as a mid-round drfat pick.

"In the future, when I'm talking to my son one of these days, I'll can tell him your daddy was the Pac 10's all-time leader in receptions," Thomas said. "It's a good thing to have in your back pocket."

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
RESIN8;2737133 said:
He wasn't the best in the Pac 10 last year.

well i thought hostile and some others on this board were saying he was good

Spectre

Reaction score
Mike Thomas is good.
And on a team that's not afraid to use him in different ways (Patriots?), he'll be a freak.

RS12

Reaction score
I want this guy to wear the star, period.

RESIN8

Reaction score
Thomas is a good player, but he wasn't the best WR in the Pac 10 this past year.

I think he could be excellent in 4-5 wr sets like he ran at AZ under Sonny Dykes.