Arizona's Most Famous (Infamous?) Sheriff

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
No matter what people think of Joe Arpaio, he is always entertaining in a way.

This was his "float" in the Fiesta Bowl parade.

530556_3571543906256_244576064_n.jpg

arglebargle

Reaction score
He likes the limelight too much, a publicity hound. As exemplified in that float, perhaps. It's not like his Sherrif's Department doesn't have its share of screwups and breakdowns.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
arglebargle;4925316 said:
He likes the limelight too much, a publicity hound. As exemplified in that float, perhaps. It's not like his Sherrif's Department doesn't have its share of screwups and breakdowns.

I agree.

burmafrd

Reaction score

no surprise at all coming from you

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score

You realize most Sheriff departments have vehicles like that? It isn't unique to him.

Illini88228

Reaction score
I find the "almost political" threads on here hilarious. It's immediately obvious what people's views are, but every post has to tread carefully to avoid crossing some indeterminate boundary. Not that I mind the prohibition on politics, politics destroys civility, and this place has been low enough on civility as it is, as of late.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Illini88228;4925760 said:
I find the "almost political" threads on here hilarious. It's immediately obvious what people's views are, but every post has to tread carefully to avoid crossing some indeterminate boundary. Not that I mind the prohibition on politics, politics destroys civility, and this place has been low enough on civility as it is, as of late.
Yep, very amusing :laugh2:

arglebargle

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4925743 said:
You realize most Sheriff departments have vehicles like that? It isn't unique to him.

Not every sherrif is riding them around in a parade, though.

Or maybe they are, and I've just not noticed. It could happen....;)

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
arglebargle;4925889 said:
Not every sherrif is riding them around in a parade, though.

Or maybe they are, and I've just not noticed. It could happen....;)

Actually many do. The county Sheriff does here in all the parades and not only that but they have them on display at civic events.

Illini88228

Reaction score
Sheriff Joe lovers should keep in mind that he runs a jail not a prison. A lot of the inmates that he handles haven't been convicted of any crimes. So, just keep that in mind when you hear about the conditions in which he keeps people.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Illini88228;4927061 said:
Sheriff Joe lovers should keep in mind that he runs a jail not a prison. A lot of the inmates that he handles haven't been convicted of any crimes. So, just keep that in mind when you hear about the conditions in which he keeps people.

wah wah wah