Armani Edwards QB- Appalachian State

Natedawg44

Reaction score
What are the opinions out there about Armanti Edwards as a later round flyer? Round 5 and down. Seems like he might be a better option in the Wildcat than Choice.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I'd prefer we scrap the Wildcat than waste a pick on a project to run it.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
if we go that route (college QB to NFL WR conversion)

I'd look at UAB QB Joe Webb, he's 6'4" 220, made the switch at the Senior Bowl and looked real good during the week, even caught a pass in the game

he was a 1,000 yard rusher each of his Junior and Senior years

hell of a Senior year as both passer and thrower http://www.cfbstats.com/2009/player/9/81894/index.html

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Hostile;3262560 said:

Bingo

Any play when our offense lines up and Romo isnt at QB, is a "win" for the opposing defense

Thatkidbob

Reaction score
I do like armanti edwards, but I wouldn't draft him just for the wildcat unless we used it as more than just a gimmick set in the future.

That said, I wouldn't mind at all if we picked him up as a UDFA.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Hostile;3262560 said:

I'd can agree with that. I doubt that the Colts or Saints ever lined up in the Wildcat. But with that I would be nice to have Josh Cribbs/ Brad Smith type of threat on the team.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Sounds like a project to me. That's for UDFAs unless of course he has elite or unique talent.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
He seems very similar to Pat White only probably faster. I think he gets drafted.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Natedawg44;3262572 said:
I'd can agree with that. I doubt that the Colts or Saints ever lined up in the Wildcat. But with that I would be nice to have Josh Cribbs/ Brad Smith type of threat on the team.

we already wasted one fourth round pick on a guy to do that

STANBACK

where did that get us ???????????

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
UnoDallas;3262734 said:
we already wasted one fourth round pick on a guy to do that

STANBACK

where did that get us ???????????
Uh, we drafted Stanback before any team was running the Wildcat. But don't let facts stand in the way of a good temper tantrum.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't see any good reason to do this. We have a guy on our roster right now that could serve as a Wildcat QB IMO. McGee, IMO, is probably a better fit for this then anybody we could bring in. He ran the ball at TAM as much as he threw it. I don't know why we would go out and draft a guy to do what he clearly already did in his college days at the Station. Seems silly to me.