ARMCHAIR COWBOYS GM. What Would Have You Done?

timb2

Reaction score
Always every year there is a player you hoped made the Cowboys and was cut. This year is no exception to me,so I figure I cannot be the only one not completely happy how the cuts panned out. So what would have you have done if you were the Cowboys GM?

My 53 Man Roster would have looked like this.

QB
Dak Prescott
Cooper Rush

FB
Jordan Chunn

RB
Tony Pollard
Alfred Morris
Darius Jackson

WR
Amari Cooper
Michael Gallup
Devin Smith
Cedrick Wilson
Jon'vea Johnson

TE
Blake Jarwin
Dalton Schultz
Marcus Lucas
Codey McElroy

O-Line
Tyron Smith
Connor Williams
Travis Fredrick
Zack Martin
Lael Collins

Cam Fleming
Conor McGovern
Joe Looney
Xavier Sua-Fila

D-Line
Taco Charlton
Maliek Collins
Antuan Woods
Demarcus Lawrence

Robert Quinn
Trysten Hill
Christian Covington
Dorance Armstrong

Joe Jackson
Kerry Hyder

LB
Leighton Vander Esch
Jaylon Smith
Sean Lee

Joe Thomas
Justin March
Justin Phillips

CB
Byron Jones
Chidobi Awuzie
Jourdan Lewis
Anthony Brown
CJ Goodwin
Michael Jackson

S
Xavier Woods
Darian Thompson
Donavan Olumba
Donavan Wilson

P-K-LS
Chris Jones
Brett Maher
LP LaDoucuer

Practice Squad
Jaylin Guyton
Mike Weber
Luke Gifford
Chris Westry
Daniel Wise
Clayton Thorson
Nate Hall
Chris Covington
Jalen Jelks
Tyvis Powell

Trade and Cuts

Ezekiel Elliott,Tavon Auston,Jeff Heath,Tyrone Crawford,Randy Gregory,Noah Brown,Randall Cobb traded to the Baltimore Ravens for their 2021 1st round pick,2021 2nd round pick, 2022 1st round pick,2022 3rd round pick, 2023 3rd round pick. I want to keep the youth and let the aging players go find a place where they can start. Baltimore is going to be bad. Ezekiel Elliott needs to be shown a lesson.You give into his contract demands and other players will not honor their contracts either and hold out. How you like rat-infested Baltimore Zeke? The other players in this trade are for me in the way for the younger talent. Ship them out.

I tell Jason Witten it has been great,but at 38 years old Father Time gets everyone. Go back into retirement or get cut.

SO HOW DID I DO? ALSO WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

timb2

Reaction score
Sorry about the title of the thread. I'm just tired .I didn't proofread.

timb2

Reaction score
I would have kept players that are now on our PS like Michael Jackson & Cedrick Wilson on the active roster because we most likely will lose him to another team.

timb2

Reaction score
How the Cowboys justify cutting Marcus Lucas after he showed deep speed for a TE on that Texans catch vs Jason Witten who would be lucky to have run 10 yards in that time.

Tavon Austin has been a bust and he has speed but he has never become that great WR everyone hoped for. I think he is a blowhard mouth and ALL TALK-NO ACTION.Johnson is a bigger WR and very fast vs Austin as soon as he gets checked at the line of scrimmage he is off route.

Kavon Frazier cannot beat out Jeff Heath. Yes he is a special teams player in preseason and just like every year he does little during the season. I have seen this too much from him. Let him go.

Jamize Olawale-We got him basically because the Raiders wanted out FB Keith Smith and he is sloppy seconds. No thanks. I want a FB who can do more that block. How about catch or even run with the ball? Cut him and develop Jordan Chunn and some packages the other TEs to become the lead blocker.

Tony Pollard,Alfred Morris,and Darius Jackson I believe could be just as effective as a RB who cares more about partying than playing football.

Last edited:

timb2

Reaction score
Adam Redmond & Brandon Knight these guys are a dime a dozen. You can find guys like them on any roster. Why are they taking up active roster spots?

I am the GM and I tell Robert Quinn if I see a fist up in the air or any comments detrimental .YOU CAN BE PLAYING IN BUFFALO IN A HEARTBEAT. Quinn you are here to play football nothing else.

DcFootball4

Reaction score
Always every year there is a player you hoped made the Cowboys and was cut. This year is no exception to me,so I figure I cannot be the only one not completely happy how the cuts panned out. So what would have you have done if you were the Cowboys GM?

My 53 Man Roster would have looked like this.

QB
Dak Prescott
Cooper Rush

FB
Jordan Chunn

RB
Tony Pollard
Alfred Morris
Darius Jackson

WR
Amari Cooper
Michael Gallup
Devin Smith
Cedrick Wilson
Jon'vea Johnson

TE
Blake Jarwin
Dalton Schultz
Marcus Lucas
Codey McElroy

O-Line
Tyron Smith
Connor Williams
Travis Fredrick
Zack Martin
Lael Collins

Cam Fleming
Conor McGovern
Joe Looney
Xavier Sua-Fila

D-Line
Taco Charlton
Maliek Collins
Antuan Woods
Demarcus Lawrence

Robert Quinn
Trysten Hill
Christian Covington
Dorance Armstrong

Joe Jackson
Kerry Hyder

LB
Leighton Vander Esch
Jaylon Smith
Sean Lee

Joe Thomas
Justin March
Justin Phillips

CB
Byron Jones
Chidobi Awuzie
Jourdan Lewis
Anthony Brown
CJ Goodwin
Michael Jackson

S
Xavier Woods
Darian Thompson
Donavan Olumba
Donavan Wilson

P-K-LS
Chris Jones
Brett Maher
LP LaDoucuer

Practice Squad
Jaylin Guyton
Mike Weber
Luke Gifford
Chris Westry
Daniel Wise
Clayton Thorson
Nate Hall
Chris Covington
Jalen Jelks
Tyvis Powell

Trade and Cuts

Ezekiel Elliott,Tavon Auston,Jeff Heath,Tyrone Crawford,Randy Gregory,Noah Brown,Randall Cobb traded to the Baltimore Ravens for their 2021 1st round pick,2021 2nd round pick, 2022 1st round pick,2022 3rd round pick, 2023 3rd round pick. I want to keep the youth and let the aging players go find a place where they can start. Baltimore is going to be bad. Ezekiel Elliott needs to be shown a lesson.You give into his contract demands and other players will not honor their contracts either and hold out. How you like rat-infested Baltimore Zeke? The other players in this trade are for me in the way for the younger talent. Ship them out.

I tell Jason Witten it has been great,but at 38 years old Father Time gets everyone. Go back into retirement or get cut.

SO HOW DID I DO? ALSO WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

I really like this. I love the idea of Chunn at fb and Olumba at safety. I also am totally in support of the idea that we should trade Zeke. Dak and Coop are handling this the correct way, Zeke screwed it up by pulling this bs and abandoning his team. Trade him now or if we can’t get a good haul wait till next offseason. But, I don’t want our team having distractions AND personally I’m sick of every headline I see being about the Zeke deal.

timb2

Reaction score
I really like this. I love the idea of Chunn at fb and Olumba at safety. I also am totally in support of the idea that we should trade Zeke. Dak and Coop are handling this the correct way, Zeke screwed it up by pulling this bs and abandoning his team. Trade him now or if we can’t get a good haul wait till next offseason. But, I don’t want our team having distractions AND personally I’m sick of every headline I see being about the Zeke deal.
Yeah it would be nice to have a FB that can be a weapon also

I like Donvan Olumba he seems to be in the right place at the right time. He could be a ballhawk.

Last edited: