Armstrong Numbers

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They stopped at 11 games because he didn't do anything before that. It's called cherry picking.

Is that equivalent for those that bagged on Gregory, saying 6 sacks in 5 years, when he was suspended for 3 1/2 of those years, and injured parts of the other years?

Anyway, glad we have Armstrong / Fowler / Williams over Gregory at this point.

John813

Reaction score
With Parsons at edge and Law healthy, the value of Armstrong's and Fowlers deals can be "steals" if they can keep up the effort through out the year. Not expecting a sack a game but if he can provide 8-9 sacks then that would be a great year for him.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Read this:

Over his last 11 games, Armstrong has been extremely productive, recording 12 QB hits, seven sacks, and five TFL.

Not sure why they stopped at 11 games but those are solid numbers.
Been wrong about this player so far.
He's been surprisingly effective.
Just hope he can keep it up.
I do think Parsons elevates the players around him,
by drawing a lot of attention.

817Gill

Reaction score
They can cherry pick more than a half seasons worth of games all they want. He is the 41st highest paid DE by AAV. He could have those same numbers for the entire season and still be worth every penny.
Exactly

817Gill

Reaction score
Armstrong is a solid rotational player.

Contract up next year so if a stud pass rusher is available in the 1st I'm not waiting for a second to draft.
Armstrong just resigned this offseason. A 2-year deal I believe.

With Williams, Lawrence, Armstrong and Parsons in the mix I don’t see us taking DE high. They usually sign a Fowler type as well to round out the group.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I place credit to Quinns coaching.
he been playing better over last year +2 games or since Quinn became DC

3 years pre Quinn------------------------ 2.5 sacks, 3TFL, 8 QB hits
last year and 2 games under Quinn---7.0 sacks, 5TFL, 14 QB hits

he is improving-hope it keeps up but think Quinn will get most from him

its called Micah effect , D.Law is invisible

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With Parsons at edge and Law healthy, the value of Armstrong's and Fowlers deals can be "steals" if they can keep up the effort through out the year. Not expecting a sack a game but if he can provide 8-9 sacks then that would be a great year for him.

He had 7.5 sacks in his career before this season.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Read this:

Over his last 11 games, Armstrong has been extremely productive, recording 12 QB hits, seven sacks, and five TFL.

Not sure why they stopped at 11 games but those are solid numbers.

They picked his last 11 games because thats when he started being productive. The further back you go, the more diluted his numbers will get. It's trying to show that he's on an upward trend and is becoming an extremely productive player.

John813

Reaction score
He had 7.5 sacks in his career before this season.

I get that. Look at Trey Hendrickson with the Saints. His first few years they rarely played him and he would flash a game or two a season then ride the bench. When they started giving him more snaps year 3 he got 4.5 sacks. His final year he started and got double digit sacks. They drafted Hendrickson in 17 then sold the farm for Davenport in 18 so IMO Davenport got the pass rushing snaps early on due to draft status.

Now, not saying Armstrong will be anywhere near that level of performance. But if Armstrong barely played/only was in mainly on run downs it's hard to say he can't have any pass rushing talent in him. Last year he was given more snaps % wise and got 5.5 sacks. I'm not betting on 8-9 sacks. Think he probably comes close to 5-6, again due to more talent at DE this year. Was just stating if he got 8-9 that would be great.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get that. Look at Trey Hendrickson with the Saints. His first few years they rarely played him and he would flash a game or two a season then ride the bench. When they started giving him more snaps year 3 he got 4.5 sacks. His final year he started and got double digit sacks. They drafted Hendrickson in 17 then sold the farm for Davenport in 18 so IMO Davenport got the pass rushing snaps early on due to draft status.

Now, not saying Armstrong will be anywhere near that level of performance. But if Armstrong barely played/only was in mainly on run downs it's hard to say he can't have any pass rushing talent in him. Last year he was given more snaps % wise and got 5.5 sacks. I'm not betting on 8-9 sacks. Think he probably comes close to 5-6, again due to more talent at DE this year. Was just stating if he got 8-9 that would be great.

Seems ridiculous to hope for 8 or 9 sacks from a guy with 7.5 over his entire career. You act like that is merely decent production when not many defensive ends reach that total in a season.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
They picked his last 11 games because thats when he started being productive. The further back you go, the more diluted his numbers will get. It's trying to show that he's on an upward trend and is becoming an extremely productive player.
Its likely because hsi stats took off but that happened because it is when he started getting run.
He was inactive last year week 3-6 but we had DLaw and others suffer injuries and his time ramped up.
Since week 9 he has played 50% or more of all defensive snaps in each game.

Toro9

Reaction score
Randy getting away is one of the biggest mistakes we avoided ever. Not that he’s terrible. More that the money was terrible and Armstrong is proving his worth in his absence.
Is that a triple negative?