Arrest Warrant Issued for Odell *Warrant rescinded*

nobody

Reaction score
Why were the cops in the locker room in the first place? Odell was clearly drunk. When I first watched it I would swear that was Marinelli dressed up as a cop lol. Anyway, it is beyond dumb that an arrest warrant has been issued for a guy slapping the butt of a cop.

It's stupid, but it is technically assault, especially if the officer was in the act of doing his duty. I'm guessing it was the slap then the disrespect afterward that made the cop decide to press charges.

Don't want a warrant? Don't be stupid when dealing with cops. It's not hard. It'll probably boil down to a fine, an apology, and at worst some community service.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
It's stupid, but it is technically assault, especially if the officer was in the act of doing his duty. I'm guessing it was the slap then the disrespect afterward that made the cop decide to press charges.

Don't want a warrant? Don't be stupid when dealing with cops. It's not hard. It'll probably boil down to a fine, an apology, and at worst some community service.
But why were they there? Who called them? What duty was he doing? Context matters. I can't imagine this being assault under anyone's definition. But some "progressive" judge had to agree and issue that warrant in the first place. smh.

joseephuss

Reaction score
But why were they there? Who called them? What duty was he doing? Context matters. I can't imagine this being assault under anyone's definition. But some "progressive" judge had to agree and issue that warrant in the first place. smh.

Why does the context matter with respect to Beckham? From what I understand, the cops were there because they didn't want players smoking cigars. Seems very silly to me; however, it doesn't matter with respect to Odell. He is the one that inserted himself into the situation with the slap to the derriere. I wonder what "evidence" was presented to the judge. It is all just juvenile behavior by the OBJ and the cop in question. Not a good look for either person during and since.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Why does the context matter with respect to Beckham? From what I understand, the cops were there because they didn't want players smoking cigars. Seems very silly to me; however, it doesn't matter with respect to Odell. He is the one that inserted himself into the situation with the slap to the derriere. I wonder what "evidence" was presented to the judge. It is all just juvenile behavior by the OBJ and the cop in question. Not a good look for either person during and since.
Well it does matter. You see if someone called them due to a disturbance than to me it is different because O'Dell would be interfering with them more than if they are always there for security and O'Dell got carried away in the moment. I think context does matter.

But I agree it is pathetic either way.

nobody

Reaction score

Again, don't slap a cop. It's not rocket science. Only a complete moron does it. There is no defense for it.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Again, don't slap a cop. It's not rocket science. Only a complete moron does it. There is no defense for it.
I wish cops had that same level of respect towards non cops, but I digress. BTW, wasn't this a security guard, not a true "cop"?

Coaches slap players butts all the time, so I can see why that act in sports is a little different than it would be for someone else out on a street setting for instance, slapping the butt of a cop. Again, context absolutely matters. And the issuance of a warrant for an arrest was stupid. The judge who issued it should be ashamed of themselves. The worst should be a warning issued to O'Dell for not behaving like that. Anything more is wrong.

HungryLion

Reaction score

The law is the law. You’re not allowed to just put your hands on people without their permission. It has nothing to do with the judge being progressive or any nonsense like that.

Is it a big deal? No. But don’t make Odell out to be some sort of victim here. He did something stupid and now he needs to get a slap on the wrist for doing it. Simple as that. Pay his fine. Issue his apology and move on. But if you do something albeit minor that you shouldn’t. Consequences happen.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
He's always had a fascination with the male derriere
:lmao:
3mp6n7.jpg