Arrests Made in the 49 Bodies Dumped in Northern Mexico

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Authorities have arrested an alleged Zetas drug cartel leader nicknamed "El Loco," AKA the Fool or the Crazy One, on charges that he dumped 49 headless bodies on a highway outside Monterrey, Mexico.

When the Mexican Army came to arrest Daniel Elizondo ***** Ramirez, say authorities, Ramirez attempted to elude capture by shooting at troops and throwing a fragmentation grenade. Zetas commanders nicknamed The Shrimp and The Speaker have also been linked to the body dump, but officials have not yet apprehended them.

The mutilated bodies of 43 men and six women were found near Cadereyta, Mexico on May 13. Though the condition of the bodies made it difficult to identify any of them, some physical features and tattoos indicated that they may have been migrants from southern Mexico and Central America.

http://news.yahoo.com/el-loco-arrested-49-beheaded-bodies-found-213555382--abc-news-topstories.html

The article claims a video and I did find it. DO NOT POST IT.

The Zeta gang has tried to make claims they are being framed.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hostile;4568578 said:
The Zeta gang has tried to make claims they are bring framed.

You mean, "being" framed. Wow, I had to correct Hos. :laugh2:

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Surprised about this because they let the cartels get away with stuff all the time. I guess with people not coming to Mexico for travel they are starting to feel the pinch and something like this just adds fuel to the fire about how unsafe Mexico is discouraging even more travel.

Was this just too big of an incident that made international media news + the tight economy + people not traveling to Mexico forced the Mexican Government to make a stand ?

JBond

Reaction score
They just need to call their buddies in the Justice Department. I am sure they would vouch for them.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Kangaroo;4568871 said:
Surprised about this because they let the cartels get away with stuff all the time. I guess with people not coming to Mexico for travel they are starting to feel the pinch and something like this just adds fuel to the fire about how unsafe Mexico is discouraging even more travel.

Was this just too big of an incident that made international media news + the tight economy + people not traveling to Mexico forced the Mexican Government to make a stand ?

I think it was probably just so egregious that they figured they had to do something about it.

It's one thing if it's cartels killing cartels.

JBond

Reaction score
casmith07;4568884 said:
I think it was probably just so egregious that they figured they had to do something about it.

It's one thing if it's cartels killing cartels.

Really? There were over 15,000 drug related murders in 2010. 50 is a drop in the bucket. More likely is that someone turned to avoid prosecution.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
JBond;4569365 said:
Really? There were over 15,000 drug related murders in 2010. 50 is a drop in the bucket. More likely is that someone turned to avoid prosecution.

Might've been these particular victims, or an actual solid lead in the case other than people just getting gunned down in the streets of Juarez and "nobody saw it."

Nobody knows. Either way it's good they're doing anything about it.