Arrington has NOT signed with the Giants

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
The Giants met with free-agent linebacker LaVar Arrington this weekend as scheduled. The former Commander arrived on Saturday and had several meetings with coaches and members of the front office as well as taking a physical. His agent, Carl Poston, said late yesterday afternoon that the two sides had yet to begin contract discussions.

Poston wasn't certain if Arrington was going to leave last night or early today because he hadn't yet spoken to his client. He was waiting to get a full report from Arrington before deciding to talk numbers with the Giants.

Poston said eight other teams are interested in the 27-year-old, but Arrington has not scheduled any more visits. The Dolphins are the only other team he has met with thus far.

Dale, I'm not sure if that's what you are wanting help with, regarding posting the article.

Let the "Get R Done" posts begin. :rolleyes:

Not gonna happen. He's a Poston client.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
HardHittin'Witten said:
The Giants met with free-agent linebacker LaVar Arrington this weekend as scheduled. The former Commander arrived on Saturday and had several meetings with coaches and members of the front office as well as taking a physical. His agent, Carl Poston, said late yesterday afternoon that the two sides had yet to begin contract discussions.

Poston wasn't certain if Arrington was going to leave last night or early today because he hadn't yet spoken to his client. He was waiting to get a full report from Arrington before deciding to talk numbers with the Giants.

Poston said eight other teams are interested in the 27-year-old, but Arrington has not scheduled any more visits. The Dolphins are the only other team he has met with thus far.

Dale, I'm not sure if that's what you are wanting help with, regarding posting the article.

Let the "Get R Done" posts begin. :rolleyes:

Not gonna happen. He's a Poston client.

Yeah...my mouse was having trouble catching the font; it kept taking me halfway down the page. Thanks for copying and pasting.

I agree, he's not likely to end up here unless we dump a truck of money on his front lawn. I am pleased, though, that he didn't already sign with the Giants. I'd rather just get him out of this division. He has his problems, but he can be an impact player and I don't want to see the Giants' defense getting any better. :)

montgod

Reaction score
Well....who would have guessed....seeing as though his agents are the Postons? :)

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
Dale said:
Yeah...my mouse was having trouble catching the font; it kept taking me halfway down the page. Thanks for copying and pasting.

I agree, he's not likely to end up here unless we dump a truck of money on his front lawn. I am pleased, though, that he didn't already sign with the Giants. I'd rather just get him out of this division. He has his problems, but he can be an impact player and I don't want to see the Giants' defense getting any better. :)

I am with you on this one. Let the Fins get him.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Its just so strange that Parcells hates the Postons so much but is chummy with Rosenhaus.

I agree, if he doesn't play here get him out of the division.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Coughlin and Saban seem to have no issues with Postons. I know its real popular on this board that BP/JJ won't deal with "TyLaw" in gaga land talk..... But the fact our team if true will never talk to his players takes some quality players right off the board and is bad business. Merriman great case in starting point.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
starledger.gif

Giants meet with Arrington

Monday, March 13, 2006 BY MIKE GARAFOLO

Star-Ledger Staff

Meanwhile, the Giants will host three more players today. Cornerback R.W. McQuarters (Lions) and safeties Will Demps (Ravens) and Quentin Harris (Cardinals) were scheduled to arrive last night and receive physicals today. McQuarters, Demps and Harris are the team's targets for added depth in the secondary.

Up front, the Giants continue to explore their options to replace defensive tackle Kendrick Clancy, who signed with the Cardinals on Saturday in a surprise move that didn't go over well in East Rutherford.

A league official said the Giants have spoken to the agent for defensive tackles Sam Adams and Grady Jackson -- both of whom played in Oakland when Giants defensive line coach Mike Waufle was a member of the Raiders' coaching staff.

The Giants also called the agent for defensive tackle Rocky Bernard (Seahawks) on Saturday, but Bernard has scheduled a visit for another team, said Steve Caric, a spokesman for his agent, Gary Uberstine. Caric would not say which team Bernard was to visit.

A league official confirmed last night the Giants have re-signed returner/running back Chad Morton (four years) and backup quarterback Tim Hasselbeck (three years) to multiyear contracts. Terms were not immediately available.

Though he was not fully recovered from a torn knee ligament, Morton averaged 9.6 yards per punt return last year and had a 23.3-yard average on 24 kick returns. He had a 52-yard punt return for a touchdown against the Cardinals in the season opener and added a 58-yard return in the season-ending win over the Raiders.

Hasselbeck will likely serve as the No. 3 quarterback next season as the Giants are expected to add a veteran backup for Eli Manning.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Dale said:

I dont lose any sleep at all over where Lavar Arrington ends up at...

the guy has been the picture of mediocrity in all but one or two of his NFL seasons, and has been an injury plagued non-factor for the past 2-3 seasons..I hope somebody we hate blows some serious cap room on him

David

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
starledger.gif

Giants meet with Arrington

Monday, March 13, 2006 BY MIKE GARAFOLO

Star-Ledger Staff

Meanwhile, the Giants will host three more players today. Cornerback R.W. McQuarters (Lions) and safeties Will Demps (Ravens) and Quentin Harris (Cardinals) were scheduled to arrive last night and receive physicals today. McQuarters, Demps and Harris are the team's targets for added depth in the secondary.

Up front, the Giants continue to explore their options to replace defensive tackle Kendrick Clancy, who signed with the Cardinals on Saturday in a surprise move that didn't go over well in East Rutherford.

A league official said the Giants have spoken to the agent for defensive tackles Sam Adams and Grady Jackson -- both of whom played in Oakland when Giants defensive line coach Mike Waufle was a member of the Raiders' coaching staff.

The Giants also called the agent for defensive tackle Rocky Bernard (Seahawks) on Saturday, but Bernard has scheduled a visit for another team, said Steve Caric, a spokesman for his agent, Gary Uberstine. Caric would not say which team Bernard was to visit.

A league official confirmed last night the Giants have re-signed returner/running back Chad Morton (four years) and backup quarterback Tim Hasselbeck (three years) to multiyear contracts. Terms were not immediately available.

Though he was not fully recovered from a torn knee ligament, Morton averaged 9.6 yards per punt return last year and had a 23.3-yard average on 24 kick returns. He had a 52-yard punt return for a touchdown against the Cardinals in the season opener and added a 58-yard return in the season-ending win over the Raiders.

Hasselbeck will likely serve as the No. 3 quarterback next season as the Giants are expected to add a veteran backup for Eli Manning.

A league official confirmed last night the Giants have re-signed returner/running back Chad Morton and backup quarterback Tim Hasselbeck to multiyear contracts. Terms were not immediately available.

Whoa, deja vu.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dolphins | Team may not be the favorite for Arrington; just an early shopper
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 05:44:35 -0800

Arthur Staple, of Newsday, reports agent Carl Poston said the New York Giants and Miami Dolphins should not be considered favorites to sign free agent LB LaVar Arrington (Commanders). "They just happened to call and set up meetings early," he said. Poston added if Arrington were to visit every team that has expressed interest, "he'd be going to see 20 teams."

Giants | Team may not be the favorite for Arrington; just an early shopper
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 05:42:20 -0800

Arthur Staple, of Newsday, reports agent Carl Poston said the New York Giants and Miami Dolphins should not be considered favorites to sign free agent LB LaVar Arrington (Commanders). "They just happened to call and set up meetings early," he said. Poston added if Arrington were to visit every team that has expressed interest, "he'd be going to see 20 teams."