Arrington reportedly asked the Giants for a seven-year, $47 million contract

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
LaVar Arrington reportedly asked the Giants for a seven-year, $47 million contract from the Giants.

That sounds suspiciously like what fellow Poston Brothers client Julian Peterson got from the Seahawks. While five teams are still showing some interest in Arrington, he's not getting that kind of deal.

Apr. 17 - 9:12 am et
Source: Dayton Daily News

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Quick!! Everyone join in the chorus and laugh at the Postons who can't get the money Ty Law, Lavar Arrington and Charles Woodson want!

Justis

Reaction score
something's gotta give, unless the surviving Poston just lets his players sit out the season, there's no way they're getting this kind of money.

Shaun

Reaction score
He needs to make up for the 4 million he gave back. IMO, he is an idiot for having repaid that.

Gibbs II

Reaction score
As much as I love LaVar, I am kinda satisfied that LaVar is having a hard time finding work in the fact that it was "us" as much as it was him.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Gryphon said:
LaVar Arrington reportedly asked the Giants for a seven-year, $47 million contract from the Giants.

That sounds suspiciously like what fellow Poston Brothers client Julian Peterson got from the Seahawks. While five teams are still showing some interest in Arrington, he's not getting that kind of deal.

Did he ask management to throw a kidney in too? This guy had a great opportunity to come to Dallas and play for a Super Bowl contender (you heard it here first) and yet he opened his big mouth, and now no one can afford to pay him as Dallas could've.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
This just in: That's a sheetload of money

this just in part II--- Arrington sux as a football player...belongs on any "all overrated list"

David

neosapien23

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
Did he ask management to throw a kidney in too? This guy had a great opportunity to come to Dallas and play for a Super Bowl contender (you heard it here first) and yet he opened his big mouth, and now no one can afford to pay him as Dallas could've.

Dallas still would not have given him what he wanted. TO is a game changer and is certainly worth the money thrown at him. If LaVar can't get the deal he wants, he better sign a 1 year contract. I thought he was going to ask for a deal similar to the one given to DeMarcus Ware.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Dallas still would not have given him what he wanted. TO is a game changer and is certainly worth the money thrown at him. If LaVar can't get the deal he wants, he better sign a 1 year contract. I thought he was going to ask for a deal similar to the one given to DeMarcus Ware.
I agree.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Come on really, He just left the skins, he won't play for the devils in Dallas, and we all know unless your name is McNabb you won't get paid in Philly. His dream is to stay in the NFCE so that leaves one team that doesn't have anything glaring that he doesn't like.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
dreamshatterer said:
Yes he was.

Arrington after he gave Danny a check = :bang2:

Arrington didn't "write Danny Boy a check." He just decided not to demand his roster bonus, so he could be a free agent. He wanted out, and the Skins wanted him to leave anyway. Saying Arrington gave them a check is media spin to make the Skins look like they won.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
Gryphon said:

Maybe they can bundle Ty Law in the deal - but I still think it's too much money. When are they guys going to learn that the Poston's are doing them more harm than good.