ARTICLE: 2006 Free Agent Winners and Losers

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Looked good until I got to the part about Willie McGinest. Not only once as far as the Browns on the positive, but then again when referencing the Patriots.

Commanders FA pickups were top 5 without question.

Hiero said:
andre carter absolutely freakin blows. Why anyone would consider him a good free agent, especially at 30 mill is just ********. archuleta, is he really even that good? Lloyd has serious character issues, he cares more about his rap cd than football among them.

If you noticed, the 49ers, being the organization, that they are moved Carter to LB (probably because of Peterson), which is not his natural position. He struggled at LB but was solid at DE.

Archuleta will be primarily responsible for playing centerfield. He will rush the QB, he will defend the run, and he will defend against some TEs. At that he is pretty good. Now covering a RB ? I am not so confident. However his contract as well as most of the contracts signed over the last few months are pretty cap friendly.

Lloyd has serious character issues ? Come on man. Give me a few examples please.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
123456 said:
By: Brian Walzel (SFIllustrated.com)

THE WINNERS

1. Washington Commanders: Owner Daniel Snyder once again opened the bottomless vault and brought in the most impressive free agent class in years

now look at the names following that statement

123456 said:
which includes two former 49ers starters. Safety Adam Archuleta, defensive ends Andre Carter and Kenny Writerdsf, tight end Christian Fauria, and wide receivers Brandon Lloyd and Antwaan Randle El all will either start immediately or see significant playing time.

yeah, real impressive, and I don't know how 2 of them being former 49ers starters, who have been one of the worst teams in the past 3 years, is helping...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Looked good until I got to the part about Willie McGinest. Not only once as far as the Browns on the positive, but then again when referencing the Patriots.

Commanders FA pickups were top 5 without question.

none of them are top 5 at their position, hell, none even approach that level

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
none of them are top 5 at their position, hell, none even approach that level

Re-reading that post...

I am not meaning they are top 5 at their positions. Not any of them.

What I meant was...

The overall pickups and value to the team should warrant a top 5 position (in rankings) at least.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SkinsandTerps said:
Lloyd has serious character issues ? Come on man. Give me a few examples please.

He's probably referring to the scuttlebut that the 9ers weren't really very interested in signing Lloyd because, despite his talent, he wasn't well-liked in the locker room--which never made much sense to me as the team went out and then signed Antonio Bryant.

StarWiz2

Reaction score
The Commanders had a good offseason! But because Danny is so paranoid about other teams beating him to the punch on the players he's targeted, he way overspends, and so I have to give him an F+ once again....

He reminds me of people who are willing to spend the night in a store parking lot to be first in line the day after Thanksgiving.........Or people who are willing to spend the night outside a ticket office to get first dibs at concert or sporting event tickets.....Or moms who bust down the front door of Toy stores, and then beat the crap outta the other mothers in order to get that "special" toy for her kid.....And finally, Snyder's like the father willing to spend a million bucks on a 10 cent toy....like Ahnold did in that Christmas movie.....

In short, Danny is human....After all I've been Ahnold a few times around Christmas when my kids were little......I was a moron then....As Danny is now.