ARTICLE: Bottom line for No. 9 (Steve McNair): Pay me or release me

jay cee

Reaction score
Hiero said:
wow I never knew McNair was like that. what a crybaby, youre like 35 just move on steve.
You still don't KNOW what he's like.

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
By Mark Howard, Commentary
Which brings us back to Mortensen’s report, which, if true, is a transparent attempt by the leverage-less McNair to try to force Titans General Manager Floyd Reese to release him.
LINK
Leverage-less? I would call a 24 mil cap hit pretty good leverage! McNair has the Titans by the balls and all he is asking is either A) honor my contract or B) cut me! Seems pretty decent of him to me, anyone calling him classless needs their head examined! And anybody who thinks he won't get his money, take a look at the contract Kurt Warner got in Arizona. I'd take McNair over Warner anyday and twice on a sunday. Now the Titans on the other hand, they want to have their cake and eat it too! See here Steve, we signed you to this contract that you've graciously reworked for us multiple times, but now we look llike dumbf-s and we aren't sure what to do, so here's the deal - we aren't going to cut you but we aren't going to allow you to prepare for the season either.