ARTICLE: Garcia calls out new receivers

Gent

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
The Eagles quietly were highly impressed with Garcia’s efforts at the recent minicamp and expect to have a positive influence on starter Donovan McNabb.

"I just want to help him grow and continue to get better on the field and do whatever I can to help this team out," Garcia said.

So the Eagles think McNabb needs a mentor who can have positive influence on him? That sounds really weird. You usually hear those things about a young player that might be struggling. McNabb turns 30 this season and has played in 4 championships and a superbowl. He's always gone about his business in a professional manner. McNabb doesn't need any positive influence from Garcia.

-Gent

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Gent said:
So the Eagles think McNabb needs a mentor who can have positive influence on him? That sounds really weird. You usually hear those things about a young player that might be struggling. McNabb turns 30 this season and has played in 4 championships and a superbowl. He's always gone about his business in a professional manner. McNabb doesn't need any positive influence from Garcia.

-Gent

You would think he wouldn't.

All I can picture is those two getting their nails done and comparing war stories:

"Let me tell you honey, when he said I was gay in that interview, whoo I saw red!"

"That's nothing, sug'! At least he didn't point out you tossing your cookies in the biggest game of your life. Uhm hmmm!"

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
actually I could care less what garcia thinks of anyone.

I am just curious though how he has the balls to say anything about anyone? Did anyone watch this guy play in cleveland, he was horrendous. I remember watching him live when cleveland was here in week 2 of 04, I couldnt believe how poor his arm strength was. I cant believe this guy continues to get a job!

Honestly he has the worst arm strength I have ever seen for a quarterback in the nfl. During his warmups I thought he was just taking it easy or something then during the game I couldnt believe what I was seeing, I never got that sense on tv but live that day I was shocked.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs said:
actually I could care less what garcia thinks of anyone.

I am just curious though how he has the balls to say anything about anyone? Did anyone watch this guy play in cleveland, he was horrendous. I remember watching him live when cleveland was here in week 2 of 04, I couldnt believe how poor his arm strength was. I cant believe this guy continues to get a job!

Honestly he has the worst arm strength I have ever seen for a quarterback in the nfl. During his warmups I thought he was just taking it easy or something then during the game I couldnt believe what I was seeing, I never got that sense on tv but live that day I was shocked.

Didn't he finish the day with a zero QB rating that day as well?

Amazing that the guy still thinks he's in a place to say anything about anyone else's play.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
stasheroo said:
Didn't he finish the day with a zero QB rating that day as well?

Amazing that the guy still thinks he's in a place to say anything about anyone else's play.

I believe so and he actually missed quincy morgan on a sure td down the sideline, newman bit hard and had no help. Garcias arm is so bad though he had to throw a big rainbow as far as he could and had no accuracy, would have changed that whole game.

Really though, I am not exaggerating I have never seen an nfl qb with an arm that poor.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH said:
Didn't TO say Garcia works better behind another guy.

Just thought I'd mention this ... I was watching an episode of the Girls Next Door ( Hef's and the bunnies show ) where Garcia was at dinner with Hef and the girl who was about to be crowned playmate of the year who he was dating, seems Owen's may have been a tad off here. God was she hot.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
One thing that bears watching if Philly plans to run alot more this year (and I think they have to), is the wear and tear on Westbrook, cause if he goes down for any reason, Philly is cooked.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
When Ihear Gaffney and Brown are the lead WR I smile, because they dont scare me....Brown isn't bad, but that's about it.

Alexander

Reaction score
Screw The Hall said:
One thing that bears watching if Philly plans to run alot more this year (and I think they have to), is the wear and tear on Westbrook, cause if he goes down for any reason, Philly is cooked.

Moats is a Westbrook clone. They should have drafted a bigger back who could at least give a change up. Just give Westbrook time, he'll get nicked and they will have to rely on their WRs which are hardly impressive.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Moats is a Westbrook clone. They should have drafted a bigger back who could at least give a change up. Just give Westbrook time, he'll get nicked and they will have to rely on their WRs which are hardly impressive.

Yep, and the funny thing is I haven't heard the first thing from the media in regards to concerns of him holding up for 16 games even though his importance to the team is undeniable and his durability, especially with increased work, has to be a question mark.

Alexander

Reaction score
Screw The Hall said:
Yep, and the funny thing is I haven't heard the first thing from the media in regards to concerns of him holding up for 16 games even though his importance to the team is undeniable and his durability, especially with increased work, has to be a question mark.

If I had to bet, I would almost bet he will miss a game or two at least.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Screw The Hall said:
Just thought I'd mention this ... I was watching an episode of the Girls Next Door ( Hef's and the bunnies show ) where Garcia was at dinner with Hef and the girl who was about to be crowned playmate of the year who he was dating, seems Owen's may have been a tad off here. God was she hot.

He probably gets all the hot chicks since he is rich and Sensitive type :grin:

Alexander

Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
He probably gets all the hot chicks since he is rich and Sensitive type :grin:

Movie stars that are still in the closet have what's called "beards". I don't see how professional athletes would be any different. They have much more to lose.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
JackMagist said:
I am by no means a Garcia fan. I nearly puked every time someone would call for us to sign him after he left SF. Frankly I doubt that anyone has a lower opinion of Garcia than I do…But I do try to give the devil his due.

In this case Garcia did not name names or call out specific players and he wasn't saying that they CAN'T do it. He was stating (in his opinion) what they have to do if they want to become The Man, and was calling for them (at least one of them) to step up their game. I'd say that he challenged them more than berated them.

Since Garcia isn't going to be The Man either it seems like he is being the sacrificial lamb and stirring a pot that needs stirring without affecting the locker room in a big way. He isn't going to be the starter when McNabb is through with rehab and he is an outsider so everyone can hate him equally. If I had a higher opinion of Reid as a motivator I'd think that he put Garcia up to it.

I agree 100% Jack. Garcia owes nothing to anyone of these receivers, to be honest. It's no secret that the Eagles' mediocrity at the position is a big part of the reason that Philly was never able to seal the deal on a championship. If the Eagles would have had anyone that even remotely capable opposite of Owens in Super Bowl XXXIX I think they would have beaten New England. Hell, they even keyed on Owens the entire game and Owens had a terrific game.

It's true that no Eagles WRs have distinguished themselves. That's a fact. Maybe it's time for someone on that team to step up and have the balls to say what needs to be said. You gonna count on ol' "company line" McNabb to actually say something that might be construed as leadership on this team? Don't hold your breath. T.O was ripping this guys a new @**hole for half a season and he didn't even have the balls to defendhimself let alone stand up and lead a team. People say that T.O burned this team to the ground last year. I say McNabb and Reid handed him matches. If either one of them had a set of balls, and showed a modicum of leadership, it never would have reached the inferno status that it did.

It's pretty sad when your back up QB has to grab the reigns from the entire organization regarding a problem that has been painfully obvious and surprisingly unchanged.

SS

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
skinsscalper said:
I agree 100% Jack. Garcia owes nothing to anyone of these receivers, to be honest. It's no secret that the Eagles' mediocrity at the position is a big part of the reason that Philly was never able to seal the deal on a championship. If the Eagles would have had anyone that even remotely capable opposite of Owens in Super Bowl XXXIX I think they would have beaten New England. Hell, they even keyed on Owens the entire game and Owens had a terrific game.

It's true that no Eagles WRs have distinguished themselves. That's a fact. Maybe it's time for someone on that team to step up and have the balls to say what needs to be said. You gonna count on ol' "company line" McNabb to actually say something that might be construed as leadership on this team? Don't hold your breath. T.O was ripping this guys a new @**hole for half a season and he didn't even have the balls to defendhimself let alone stand up and lead a team. People say that T.O burned this team to the ground last year. I say McNabb and Reid handed him matches. If either one of them had a set of balls, and showed a modicum of leadership, it never would have reached the inferno status that it did.

It's pretty sad when your back up QB has to grab the reigns from the entire organization regarding a problem that has been painfully obvious and surprisingly unchanged.

SS

:starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin These are for you...sometimes the truth hurts...but, I think what you said....is right there!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait until Garcia faces our pass rush and smothering 2ndary. It could get real ugly.

Alexander

Reaction score
skinsscalper said:

SS

Nice post.

But I disagree about having a better option opposite Owens.

They needed a QB who didn't tank at the crucial point in the game. That alone would have made them win.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Nice post.

But I disagree about having a better option opposite Owens.

They needed a QB who didn't tank at the crucial point in the game. That alone would have made them win.

To an extent, I would have to agree with you. Which just solidifies the point that this team lacks true leadership, especially from the QB position.

SS