Article - Greensboro football staff adds coach (A. Wright)

k19

Reaction score
Greensboro football staff adds coach

GREENSBORO -- Former NFL wide receiver Alexander Wright has been named offensive coordinator at Greensboro College.

Wright joins head coach Neal Mitchell's staff after spending one season at West Texas A&M. He served as outside receiver's coach for the Buffaloes, who ranked second in NCAA Division II in passing offense (350 yards per game).

"Coach Wright shares the same offensive philosophy -- the one-back set -- that we recently implemented," Mitchell said. "That should help us hit the ground running and make for a great transition."

Wright will work with a Pride team that was 2-8 and averaged 15 points per game in 2004.

"We feel fortunate to have attracted such a talented and intelligent young coach to our football program," said Kim Strable, Greensboro's athletics director. "As well as being a great collegiate and professional player, Alexander has been a true student of the game. He has incorporated the nuts and bolts from some of the best in the business into his own coaching philosophy."

Nicknamed "Ace," Wright was a second-round draft pick of the Dallas Cowboys in 1990 out of Auburn. Wright caught 56 passes for 1,320 yards and 11 touchdowns during his college career.

He was with the Cowboys from 1990-92 and also spent time with the Los Angeles Raiders and St. Louis Rams. His seven-year NFL totals are: 86 games; 101 receptions for 1,597 yards; 10 TDs; and 79 kickoff returns for 1,681 yards and two touchdowns.

He also is a two-time winner of the NFL's "Fastest Man" competition and ran back-to-back 40-yard dashes in 4.09 seconds while with Dallas.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
LOL,

I live right by West Texas A&M and had no idea the Wright was the coach here last year.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander Wright... cost a game in Detroit if I remember by dropping an easy pass.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Eddie said:
Waste of talent.
I don't think I can call speed a "talent." To me great hands is a talent. Solid route running is a talent. Speed is an attribute that could be used as a weapon if combined with a talent.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
I don't think I can call speed a "talent." To me great hands is a talent. Solid route running is a talent. Speed is an attribute that could be used as a weapon if combined with a talent.

True. See: Randall Williams LOL

burmafrd

Reaction score
4.09? really. But if you do not have the hands or the instincts, does not matter. I would have tried him at CB with that kind of speed, if he did not produce at WR.