ARTICLE: Henson Not On Fire

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
The NFL Europe isnt a Dallas Cowboy developemental league. Each team plays 2 QB's, you dig? Drew Henson isnt a nobody? Come on he is 9 weeks away from completely failing at two major American sports. Say what you will about Chang, but his college career> Drew Hensons college career, and after suffering through the game last Saturday, I wouldnt be at all surprised if Chang over took Henson as the #1.
First of all, playing two QBs is the coach's call. Kurt Warner was not rotated, neither was Brad Johnson. Some coaches do it, some do not, you would have thought that Jerry had enough pull to put him on a team where he can get all the reps.

Let's be real here, Henson is a bonafide NFL prospect who could have been a 1st round draft choice. Tommy Chang is the product of Hawaii's run and shoot and lacks the height and arm to do anything in this league. He is practice squad material at best, a roster exception for the Eagles at worst.

If Chang somehow takes the #1 spot away from Henson, then sending him to Europe was a complete disaster and the wrong thing to do.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
This was his first game with a new team and the guys over there aren't exactly NFL Pro Bowlers. Did you guys see that field? I am surprised that the receivers were able to get off of the line of scrimmage, lol.

His team won. He had no interceptions. He looked like he knew what he was doing and seemed to look very comfortable running the team. Plus he showed his arm strenght a few times.

At least he didn't throw two interceptions and his team got hammered because of his mistakes. Call me after 10 games.

acheman

Reaction score
Anybody wonder why in one quarter of action Chang got to attempt 2 more passes than Henson did in 3 quarters? All they had Henson doing is handing off to the left on that same freaking stretch play. Did you watch the hitches, slants, and dump-offs Chang was actually attempting VS the deep balls Henson was throwing? Chang never hit anyone over 7 yards, he had one or two WR's take the catch and add YAC. Once Henson got into rythm throwing these same dump passes, he looked a lot better himself. Give it time, like say week 3 or 4 before we give any kind of definitive answer to whether or not he has progressed, OK?

TheHustler

Reaction score
Chang threw the ball 13 times in the second quarter and Henson only threw it 11 times in 3 quarters?

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
TheHustler said:
Chang threw the ball 13 times in the second quarter and Henson only threw it 11 times in 3 quarters?

Yep... they spread the offense during Chang's time...

I guess the coach was trying to play to their strengths...

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
trickblue said:

Plus seems like Henson was trying to go for the big play vs taking the safe dump off or short throws. I thought he was pressing a bit. Chang's arm strength was evident when he tried even throw some intermidiate throws. That guy can at best be a backup a QB.

In fact, it was evident, even with poor performance by Henson, he is the only one among those playing in that game, that has any kind of potential to be starter in NFL. Having said that, Henson didn't have a good game at all. I agree with Juke's observations on the decline in Henson's play from the first pre-season game with Cowboys to now.

But field was attrocious too. So have to see how he will do next game and see if there is some improvement. I expected Henson to struggle first couple games at least before picking it up. Although I did see several posters expecting Henson to light it up the first game, I wasn't one of them.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
trickblue said:

What is Henson's Strength handing off the ball?:mad:

Throwing the ball 11 times in 3 quarters is ridiculous!

Not jumping on you just *****ing about the coaches play calling.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
It's a good thing he wasn't on fire. He probably would have been badly burned and would have missed necessary playing time.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
First of all, playing two QBs is the coach's call. Kurt Warner was not rotated, neither was Brad Johnson. Some coaches do it, some do not, you would have thought that Jerry had enough pull to put him on a team where he can get all the reps.

Let's be real here, Henson is a bonafide NFL prospect who could have been a 1st round draft choice. Tommy Chang is the product of Hawaii's run and shoot and lacks the height and arm to do anything in this league. He is practice squad material at best, a roster exception for the Eagles at worst.

If Chang somehow takes the #1 spot away from Henson, then sending him to Europe was a complete disaster and the wrong thing to do.

Drew Henson was a possible first round choice in 2000, that is before he quit to play baseball. Just because he could have been something six years ago doesnt mean a thing today. Henson wasnt a product of his system? All he had to do was lob it up to David Terrell and hand it off to Anthony Thomas. Drew Henson is practice squad material at best, and a roster exemption at worst. If Chang takes the #1 spot from Henson, then sending him there was the right thing to do because it just shows how utterly worthless he is.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Drew Henson was a possible first round choice in 2000, that is before he quit to play baseball. Just because he could have been something six years ago doesnt mean a thing today. Henson wasnt a product of his system? All he had to do was lob it up to David Terrell and hand it off to Anthony Thomas. Drew Henson is practice squad material at best, and a roster exemption at worst. If Chang takes the #1 spot from Henson, then sending him there was the right thing to do because it just shows how utterly worthless he is.

Yeah, considering how they both are tearing up NFL today, I guess he rode on their cotails indeed.:cool:

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Yeah, considering how they both are tearing up NFL today, I guess he rode on their cotails indeed.:cool:

That has nothing to do with how dominant they were in college.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
That has nothing to do with how dominant they were in college.

Yeah, considering, I only saw every game they played in college, I never knew that. :rolleyes: