ARTICLE: Owens' improvement traced to several factors

sago1

Reaction score
Thought you might find below article on NFL.com interesting. Never ceases to amaze me how much interest there is in TO. At least this isn't derog stuff.

Owens' improvement can be traced to several factors

Sept. 21, 2007

WR Terrell Owens has been excellent to date, combining the playmaking ability he only occasionally showed last season (despite good final numbers) and the good hands he rarely displayed last season (at least 14 dropped passes in 2006, though some say he had as many as 20) on a consistent basis. He also appears to be running routes with more precision and confidence, and sources credit the work of new offensive coordinator Jason Garrett and WR coach Ray Sherman for getting Owens to execute on a more regular basis, which has made him difficult to cover even with the team’s only other established receiver — Terry Glenn — on the shelf indefinitely with a knee injury. QB Tony Romo also must get an assist. Insiders suggest that the affable Romo has been a big help with keeping Owens happy, not only by serving him plenty of passes but also by talking to Owens regularly off the field.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
talking off the field - wow. being a "team". : ) what a concept!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
sago1;1659102 said:
Owens' improvement can be traced to several factors

Sept. 21, 2007

WR Terrell Owens has been excellent to date, combining the playmaking ability he only occasionally showed last season (despite good final numbers) and the good hands he rarely displayed last season (at least 14 dropped passes in 2006, though some say he had as many as 20) on a consistent basis. He also appears to be running routes with more precision and confidence, and sources credit the work of new offensive coordinator Jason Garrett and WR coach Ray Sherman for getting Owens to execute on a more regular basis, which has made him difficult to cover even with the team’s only other established receiver — Terry Glenn — on the shelf indefinitely with a knee injury. QB Tony Romo also must get an assist. Insiders suggest that the affable Romo has been a big help with keeping Owens happy, not only by serving him plenty of passes but also by talking to Owens regularly off the field.

LOL

he only occasionally showed - Parcells was partially to blame, TO also

atleast 14 but some say 20 drops :rolleyes: Actually I think it was 40 drops

to this date - no coach/QB has said that he ran bad routes last year

Garrett/Sherman - getting TO to execute on a more regular basis - if Garrett were here last year - we win that Seattle game

Romo is the bread and TO is the butter

Reaction score
I believe guys truly have each other's back on this team, something I couldn't say was the case in years past...

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
T.O. is healthy is the main reason and had a year to work with one guy .....

The broke hand, bad hamstring, and the QB change made the most difference in my not humble opinion.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
zrinkill;1659155 said:
T.O. is healthy is the main reason and had a year to work with one guy .....

The broke hand, bad hamstring, and the QB change made the most difference in my not humble opinion.

You left out something.... Bill Parcell's anti-Garret-like approach.

Lets face it.... Owens was non-existent in 1st halves last year. Partially his fault, partially Haley and Parcells. He needs attention in the game. He has to be involved. He cant handle it otherwise... loses his composure and that leads to more drops... with his limited chances last year he was looking to run before he got the ball.... feed him well... feed him often.... its good for busines