ARTICLE: Tiki Barber will be hard-pressed to match '05 totals

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Tiki has a show on Sirius with Ronde on Sirius Tuesday Nights called the Barber Shop.

Both are great players and have been.

Will he match his success of this past season ? IMO, unlikely.
Will he have a solid season ? Likely.

He is a real throwback type of football player, IMO.

And as far as the sweet comment... No sweeter than Eddie George ever seemed. And if being sweet gets you paid M's+, playing a game like this, than be as sweet as you want to be. There was this RB that I am sure most of you recall...His nickname was "Sweetness". One of the best players to ever play the game.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Tiki has a show on Sirius with Ronde on Sirius Tuesday Nights called the Barber Shop.

Both are great players and have been.

Will he match his success of this past season ? IMO, unlikely.
Will he have a solid season ? Likely.

He is a real throwback type of football player, IMO.

And as far as the sweet comment... No sweeter than Eddie George ever seemed. And if being sweet gets you paid M's+, playing a game like this, than be as sweet as you want to be. There was this RB that I am sure most of you recall...His nickname was "Sweetness". One of the best players to ever play the game.

Nice S&T. Good post. All of it.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
thats7 said:
Nice S&T. Good post. All of it.

Thank you sir.

I love a good debate about teams and players as much as the next guy, but when things are taken out of context and blown out of proportion...I chime in. Whether good or bad.

And is Moss really banned ? Based on what ? He stirs the pot at times certainly but ban worthy ? ehh.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
I could see Tiki doing it again. It's not like team's didn't know he would be their saving grace last season. Defenses basically stacked the box and dared Manning to beat them. They'd rather deal with Eli making the occasional play than Tiki running it down their throats. That offense will only get better as Eli develops this season, very unfortunate for the rest of us.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
I could see Tiki doing it again. It's not like team's didn't know he would be their saving grace last season. Defenses basically stacked the box and dared Manning to beat them. They'd rather deal with Eli making the occasional play than Tiki running it down their throats. That offense will only get better as Eli develops this season, very unfortunate for the rest of us.

The problem is Tiki, at 32 years of age, will begin to decline simultaneously as Eli begins to ascend. That's assuming Eli ascends. He's had a problem with pocket jitters and letting passes sail on him under duress since Ole' Miss.

DWelch1775

Couch Warmer
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Tiki just never seems to get the credit that he deserves IMO.

No matter how good he does, it always seems it is down played compared to other RBs.

It is a shame IMO.

Although he is a giant, he seems to be a really good guy.

Watching him play is one thing, but seeing him do a weekly spot on a major cable news show in the mornings has made me respect him even more. He is a natural in that position and will have no trouble making it a full time job once he retires.

Very bright, humble, witty and just has an aura about him that makes you feel comfortable with watching him. He is just a natural in this job.

Good luck to Tiki (except when the boys are playing the giants) and you don't get the credit you deserve.

I agree with this one, good luck this year Tiki