As bad as I want OL help I have come to the conclusion the most pressing need is CB

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
dbair1967;3148206 said:
He might claim he runs 4.3, but on the field it looks like he runs 4.8

He's probably not going in the frist round, and the fact that he's had a lousy yr and has almost never made any plays, especially vs the pass is well documented.

If we drafted this guy in the first I'd throw my remote throught the screen.

He's probably destined for OLB, ala Thomas Davis

Linebacker but most likely Strong Safety. He is the exact same size as Arizona's Pro Bowl Strong Safety Adrian Wilson but he is much faster. The Combine will resolve exactly how fast he is but he ran the fastest recorded time at USC since Pete Carroll has been there. That would include Reggie Bush and Steve Smith.

91 tackles, a FF, and a TD-saving INT. Led team in tackles despite missing one game and a defensive scheme that asked him to play the deepest safety I have ever seen. He was also named 2nd Team AP All-American (behind Eric Berry and Earl Thomas) today. I think the kid can play a little football.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3148362 said:
Linebacker but most likely Strong Safety. He is the exact same size as Arizona's Pro Bowl Strong Safety Adrian Wilson but he is much faster. The Combine will resolve exactly how fast he is but he ran the fastest recorded time at USC since Pete Carroll has been there. That would include Reggie Bush and Steve Smith.

91 tackles, a FF, and a TD-saving INT. Led team in tackles despite missing one game and a defensive scheme that asked him to play the deepest safety I have ever seen. He was also named 2nd Team AP All-American (behind Eric Berry and Earl Thomas) today. I think the kid can play a little football.
we just got rid of a big tackling machine safety. we need a playmaking safety. Taylor Mays is Julian Peterson part duex

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;3148369 said:
we just got rid of a big tackling machine safety. we need a playmaking safety. Taylor Mays is Julian Peterson part duex

Taylor Mays is better than Thomas. USC had a bad year. They lost their entire linebacking core and had no pass rush this year. I don't care who you are. No defensive backfield is going to look good when their is no pressure on the QB. Mays is a freak of nature and huge upgrade for the cowboys. I seriously doubt he's falling to the 20's

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
UnoDallas;3148401 said:
Taylor Mays is better than Thomas. USC had a bad year. They lost their entire linebacking core and had no pass rush this year. I don't care who you are. No defensive backfield is going to look good when their is no pressure on the QB. Mays is a freak of nature and huge upgrade for the cowboys. I seriously doubt he's falling to the 20's
:laugh2: @ Mays better than Thomas. maybe at running a 40 but actually making plays on the field it's Thomas by a mile. the linebacker excuse is funny too. what about last year when he had 3 1st round NFL draft picks playing linebacker on that same defense?

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;3148414 said:
:laugh2: @ Mays better than Thomas. maybe at running a 40 but actually making plays on the field it's Thomas by a mile. the linebacker excuse is funny too. what about last year when he had 3 1st round NFL draft picks playing linebacker on that same defense?

:bang2:

:blind:

your blind mother