As Bad As It Looked, We Still Almost won

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I have read all the negatives about the Cowboys and I agree with most of it. When you are bad but almost beat a very good team, there is some positive that can be seen. The coaching staff had no time to evaluate personnel but to put them into schemes to play by. Now with three games under their belt, we should start to see improvements in players playing their positions better. With players coming back from IR and new players learning to play in the NFL at their positions, we should see a good team forming.

My 2 cents worth

Playing soft on 4th and 3 was a massive game management fail. Also the 3 yard passes when we've got no time and need to march the field.

I can deal with poor play. Lots of reason to expect players to get better, learn the system, or get replaced.

But coaching stupid tends to be forever.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
That game wasn’t even remotely close.

2:37 left we were leading and had them down to a 4th and 3 at our 47. Get a stop, that's a win.

It was close.

We lost the turnover battle again. Stupidly played soft zone on the 4th and 3. Stupidly kept throwing 3 yard passes as we tried to come back. Had a total juggled oline on the final drive and *still* almost won.

It was close.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
Like almost being pregnant..I'm alot like the Exxon Valdez, one spill and I'm paying for life.

Blue64

Reaction score
I have read all the negatives about the Cowboys and I agree with most of it. When you are bad but almost beat a very good team, there is some positive that can be seen. The coaching staff had no time to evaluate personnel but to put them into schemes to play by. Now with three games under their belt, we should start to see improvements in players playing their positions better. With players coming back from IR and new players learning to play in the NFL at their positions, we should see a good team forming.

My 2 cents worth
We are 1-2 courtesy of the Atlanta Falcons who continuously find ways to blow big leads.
Nothing to be proud of.
We could easily be 0-3 and most likely 0-4 heading into this week.
The Browns aren’t going to roll over and play dead.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We’ve had less success than Egirls this era. It should be worse.

no it shouldnt our own fans doing nothing but bashing the team coaches and owners is sad state of affairs'.. being critical of plays and games etc is one thing very natural, living in state of negativity, despair and having nothing but bad things to say, hows that fandom

why are some of you still in a Cowboys forum discussing Cowboys affairs if it it does is cause you pain for 30 years, the Jones wont sell, the team, its what wee have.. sad you arent die hard fan , you are a die hard pessimist that likes to live in state of negativity..

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Oh, well that makes me feel better.

Can't wait until they "almost" get an "important stop" on Defense.

The Offense "almost" gets a game with no blunders.

I love the almost, I almost need some more, almost.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
no it shouldnt our own fans doing nothing but bashing the team coaches and owners is sad state of affairs'.. being critical of plays and games etc is one thing very natural, living in state of negativity, despair and having nothing but bad things to say, hows that fandom

why are some of you still in a Cowboys forum discussing Cowboys affairs if it it does is cause you pain for 30 years, the Jones wont sell, the team, its what wee have.. sad you arent die hard fan , you are a die hard pessimist that likes to live in state of negativity..
On the old Cowboys. Com forum we tried a Silver Lining forum for all positive threads. It was a ghost town. And was closed after a few months.

You’re welcome to start your more positive threads and ignore or insulate yourself from the sharp criticism and complaining which like it or not drives traffic and revenue on these social media outlets.

If not then you become a whiner whining about the whiners and it all begins to look much the same as you begin to attack other fans for their assault on Cowboy related topics.

Rise above it . Present your positive thoughts . Make strong cases on the perspective you envision for the Cowboys avoiding watering down your message as only attempting to discredit other fans you don’t agree with or aligned with how they conduct themselves.

I find this venue a place to find comfort discussing and venting with other Cowboy fans who aren’t satisfied with the current state of affairs this era with the results on the field. Not here to just cheer our team on . We all might be here for different reasons . Hopefully you’ll find your place and make the most of it.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
On the old Cowboys. Com forum we tried a Silver Lining forum for all positive threads. It was a ghost town. And was closed after a few months.

You’re welcome to start your more positive threads and ignore or insulate yourself from the sharp criticism and complaining which like it or not drives traffic and revenue on these social media outlets.

If not then you become a whiner whining about the whiners and it all begins to look much the same as you begin to attack other fans for their assault on Cowboy related topics.

Rise above it . Present your positive thoughts . Make strong cases on the perspective you envision for the Cowboys avoiding watering down your message as only attempting to discredit other fans you don’t agree with or aligned with how they conduct themselves.

I find this venue a place to find comfort discussing and venting with other Cowboy fans who aren’t satisfied with the current state of affairs this era with the results on the field. Not here to just cheer our team on . We all might be here for different reasons . Hopefully you’ll find your place and make the most of it.
thanks for proving my point , far too many negative people nowadays posing as fans.. not criticism some of this is absolute nonsense..