As bad as it was Sunday, the erroneous 'pick play' call nullifying the TD was the difference

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
While I agree terrible call. Just like the gb game you can’t go down 21-3 early and expect everything to go your way later on.

mistakes and penalties early again. And we couldn’t overcome it.

Agree with this. As I said this team not being inspired to play for 4 quarters will cause them to have a losing season. Can't get down by double digits every single game and try to make up for it in the 2nd half.

khiladi

Reaction score
That wasn’t even an erroneous call anyways.

Romo’s logic was the other defender was right there too, which should have been a play On. As Gene said it was a bang bang play. That’s why he said, even if it was reviewed, they probably wouldn’t change it.

Refs don’t see the slow motion and they saw the DB get ran into completely while out WR basically didn’t sell a route.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Have you guys read the article on the PI call from the Chiefs games yesterday? I'll try and find it again, but definitely some crazy stuff going on with officiating this year...

"Something fishy happened in that Texans-Chiefs call". I tried to copy the link but couldn't...

GenoT

Reaction score
Have you guys read the article on the PI call from the Chiefs games yesterday? I'll try and find it again, but definitely some crazy stuff going on with officiating this year...
I watched that game.

Texans coach O’Brien challenged a no-call on a KC receiver pick, lost the challenge...and then, on the very next play, they called KC for a receiver pick. Then they proceeded to throw 3 more flags on KC; all of this on ONE offensive series!!?!

The whole league’s getting hosed by the refs right now.

Eddie

Reaction score
Not going for the FG on 4th and 2 was the difference in the game.

jsb357

Reaction score
No much like the GB loss last week and the Rams loss in the playoffs last year,
the difference was Dallas, for whatever reason, did not show up prepared to play.

That was the difference...

Kevinicus

Reaction score
*sigh* There is no singular difference.

The missed FG was the difference, the 2 pt conversion was the difference, the 92 yard pass was the difference, the stuffed 4th down was the difference, the Jets drive after Elliott's TD was the difference, a high throw here, a high throw there was the difference, a dropped pass was the difference...blah blah blah.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
the missed field goal was pivotal. the drops. shoddy coverage.

the most egregious thing to me was going for it on 4th and 2 in the red zone when it's still the first half and we were within less than a TD. particularly given how well they were playing the run up to that point. Greedy is fine. Stupid is not.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Garrett should of thrown the challenge flag challenging offensive pass interference.

No one has been winning those challenges. All Garrett would've gotten out of that is a lost time out.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The offensive PI call hurt.

But so did a brainless 4th and 2 call on the Jets eight yard line in a 7-3 game, and giving up a 92 yard TD on the next play.

Quick stat- Dallas has outscored the Saints, Packers, and Jets 47-23 in the second half during this three game losing streak. Just a reflection of how awful they've been starting games.

sbark

Reaction score
That wasn’t even an erroneous call anyways.

Romo’s logic was the other defender was right there too, which should have been a play On. As Gene said it was a bang bang play. That’s why he said, even if it was reviewed, they probably wouldn’t change it.

Refs don’t see the slow motion and they saw the DB get ran into completely while out WR basically didn’t sell a route.
Didn't sell a route cause his db jammed the snot out of him, causing the other db to run into him.
Typically all it takes is to cause the other db to sidestep..witten Td

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The difference was that Dallas was not ready to play and had an unbelievably poor offensive gameplan.

ESisback

Reaction score
But forget about the offense for a moment, even when everything is clicking on all cylinders. With this defense -- pretty much healthy -- they won't make a deep playoff run anyway.

Still -- that call the nullified the touchdown was awful. That's the difference in the game right there folks; after the next TD, they wouldn't need to go for 2.

There’s a laundry list of reasons (not excuses, just REAL reasons) why we lost, but we DID lose to a team we should have beat, and people are emotional.

IMHO, our main problem is Garrett’s stubborn refusal to abandon the Jimmy Johnson shtick. The talent gap isn’t as wide. We need more misdirection and unpredictability.

CB61

Reaction score
But forget about the offense for a moment, even when everything is clicking on all cylinders. With this defense -- pretty much healthy -- they won't make a deep playoff run anyway.

Still -- that call the nullified the touchdown was awful. That's the difference in the game right there folks; after the next TD, they wouldn't need to go for 2.
That was definitely a game-changer no doubt but this team has to learn to play 60 Minutes not just last 20

CB61

Reaction score
this team lost this game not the refs crying about the refs is the losers way jones cowboys couldn't make enough plays to win this game
Like I just said a football game lasts for 60 minutes and you cannot win football games by trying to play the last 20 minutes only

glimmerman

Reaction score
Don’t forget the missed FG. The 60+ yarder was cool and all but the much shorter one missed was huge...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

It was an absolute horrid call and needs to be pointed out by any commentators discussing the game. It plays as big of a role in us losing as the pass interference that wasn't called in the playoff game between the Rams and Saints.

We shouldn't have needed the officials to get that call right, but we did, and they didn't. Of course, it was another failure of Garrett not to challenge it. PI calls are not getting overturned often, but I think that one had a good chance if the officials took an honest look at it.

Spurdog

Reaction score
It was an absolute horrid call and needs to be pointed out by any commentators discussing the game. It plays as big of a role in us losing as the pass interference that wasn't called in the playoff game between the Rams and Saints.

We shouldn't have needed the officials to get that call right, but we did, and they didn't. Of course, it was another failure of Garrett not to challenge it. PI calls are not getting overturned often, but I think that one had a good chance if the officials took an honest look at it.
Zero chance it gets overturned. Too many subtle, subjective rules that no one knows how to interpret that allows an official that might be getting paid under the table by org crime and the massive gambling racket itself, to alter a game. If you don't think it's happening you're being naive. There is so much money involved there's no way organized crime doesn't have their hands in it.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Usually I agree one or two plays can make a difference in a football game. But there were too many plays in this game that made the difference