As expected Damian Williams USC going pro

RS12

Reaction score
This guy is going to be a productive pro at 6-1 and 190. His numbers were a little better as Soph where he had Sanchez throwing to him. I think he goes in round two, but if he is still there in round three I would give it serious consideration, he has play making and special team abilities.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I wasn't that big on him at first, I'm more of a RoJo (Ronald Johnson) fan. He really grew me on this last year. He was, on most days, our only offensive playmaker and he really impressed me as a punt returner. He runs really good routes, has great hands, and is faster than I had originally thought. He's basically a taller Steve Smith (NY Giants).

He will not slip past the first 10 picks of the 2nd round.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3170173 said:
I wasn't that big on him at first, I'm more of a RoJo (Ronald Johnson) fan. He really grew me on this last year. He was, on most days, our only offensive playmaker and he really impressed me as a punt returner. He runs really good routes, has great hands, and is faster than I had originally thought. He's basically a taller Steve Smith (NY Giants).

He will not slip past the first 10 picks of the 2nd round.

He could slip in the 3rd. I don't know what his combine numbers will be but I wonder if Gilyard goes ahead of him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He is an every down receiver and the reason I think he will have a lot of success is his ability to run really crisp routes.

He is a extremely polished guy for a college player.

I could see a team like th e Colts getting him.

Bigdog

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3170231 said:
He could slip in the 3rd. I don't know what his combine numbers will be but I wonder if Gilyard goes ahead of him.

I was wondering what everyone thought of this kid. I read he is extremely quick, runs great routes, and is a good punt returner. People compare him to a Devin Hester but more polish receiver. I know with the emergence of Austin ( I don't think he is going any where) and who knows about Olegtree, are we set at Wr or do we need another down field threat? If this guy is there in the 3rd I think we should take him but I highly doubt he gets out of the 2nd; maybe late first.

ghst187

Reaction score
this guy is my new pet cat. Walter football has Damian rated #1 over Dez Bryant and I think I agree. Dez may have more highlight reels but I think Damian may end up being more productive. Damian reminds me a lot of USC's Steve Smith (who by the way I thought we should've taken) who has been extremely productive at NYG. Damian is the best route runner coming out and has played in a prostyle offense. He is polished. He is quick in and out of his cuts, which is what gets a WR separation from a DB and essentially "open." He is more quick than fast so he may not beat teams deep but he will nickel and dime you to death. He has great hands. he's basically the anti-Roy Williams. Its dangerous to think he will be available late second because he should end up at the end of the first or top of the second. I think he is EXACTLY what our offense needs. Pair him with Austin, Crayton, and Ogletree and I think we'll increase our passing game's potency. Right now RW isn't getting open and isn't making catches. He's really bogging us down. Damian (and perhaps Dez) seems to be the only WR in this class capable of coming in and making an impact in year one. I would consider using our first pick on him or trading up in the second to grab him. We need a little something more on offense and I think Damian would help. I know we need an OT and a CB and probably a ILB but a WR would help us more immediately IMO.