as if this day couldn't get any worse

Ren

Reaction score
I know this isn't really the right place to post this but just had to get it out of my system and didn't really know where to go

My girlfriend broke up with me i must really have some seriously bottom of the barrel like karma to have a day like this. We where having a talk about about our future as i've been considering popping the question for a few months now. when i asked if she thought we had a future she said yes and smiled when i asked her how that made her feel she said good and a little scared. I asked her what scared her and she said that i didn't believe in god. about 5 minutes later she say i can't be with someone who doesn't believe in god and left :(

Don't think i've ever had a day this bad everm xmas this year has been a pretty trying time as well with a drug problem in my family to deal with, i guess that's why i wanted to talk about the future as i've been pretty down all week and ready to move on, probably shouldn't have but it would have come up sooner or later anyways.

now i really know what rock bottom feels like

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
We all unload now and then. It's fine that you posted this. I'm betting you and your girlfriend will talk some more before it really is done. So you still have a chance.

Ren

Reaction score
I've slept on this now and things look a little more clear this morning. When it comes right down to it i can't believe in something i don't believe in just to make another person happy, i really don't see how i could ever change that without resorting to dishonesty

Timing was pretty bad on this but it was bound to happen. I've never had a problem respecting other peoples faiths and views, she has. I guess when you care for someone it's all to easy to turn a blind eye to these things and focus on other things but i really can't in this case cause it comes right down to who i am as a person not being "good enough" for her and that's her problem to deal with sadly.
Such a shame to have almost 3 years go down the drain over something like this

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like she did you both a favor. Not being cold but it seemed like both of you were set in your ways and it was not going to change so she spared you both some drama.

Hope you find a new girl friend and you wind up realizing that maybe she is the right one instead of your old girl friend.

Good luck.:cool:

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Ren;2534666 said:
I asked her what scared her and she said that i didn't believe in god. about 5 minutes later she say i can't be with someone who doesn't believe in god and left

Don't think i've ever had a day this bad everm xmas this year has been a pretty trying time as well

Sooooo, the reason you're even celebrating Christmas at all, is what again????

Ren

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;2537311 said:
Sooooo, the reason you're even celebrating Christmas at all, is what again????

I don't, I take part in it for the people around me that do. It's a public holiday for everyone in this part of the world regardless of what you believe in

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Ren;2537482 said:
I don't, I take part in it for the people around me that do. It's a public holiday for everyone in this part of the world regardless of what you believe in

How convenient for you. Take the gifts, screw the reason.

Ren

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;2537577 said:
How convenient for you. Take the gifts, screw the reason.

just get over your self, it's not like you get back anywhere close to what you spend anyways, that's if you want to talk about convenience of it :rolleyes:

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Ren;2537723 said:
just get over your self, it's not like you get back anywhere close to what you spend anyways, that's if you want to talk about convenience of it

Your ex-girlfriend made a very wise decision IMO.

Ren

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;2537732 said:

I'm glad she has your approval :laugh2:

slotshot

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;2537732 said:

Way to add insult to injury.

If you are attacking this poor guy from the standpoint of a Christian, it is self-righteous people like you that give us a bad name and keep people away from church.

Conversely, if you are just doing it to be generally mean-spirited...all I can say is that I am glad I am not you.

Ren, I hope that the couple of weeks that have passed has helped to lessen the pain of her decision. If it was meant to be, she would not have given up so easily.

Scranton Tiger

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke, are you just having a bad day or are you just a d**k by nature? Since you believe in god, I assume you also believe in Satan. How about do us all a favor and go straight to hell. Thanks in advance.

Ren, I feel for you. I had a girlfriend break up with me on January 2nd about seven years ago. Said she didn't do it earlier because she didn't want to ruin Christmas. It'll hurt for a while sure, but not as long as you think. It's probably for the best given your beliefs though. It is extremely hard for two people to commit a lifetime to each other under perfect circumstances. When two people have beliefs as different as the two of you have reguarding religion, it becomes almost impossible. Especially in the long run when you consider the possiblity of children. Anyway, hang in there. Tomorrow is a brand new day.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Ren, i know it feels like the end of the world early on but in the long-run this might be the best thing to happen for both of you. Marriage is rather difficult to begin with and it gets that much more difficult for couples who don't share the same belief system, or lack there of. I would imagine things would get complicated later on when/if you planned on having children. Do you baptize them? do you go to church? if so which church do you go to? what explanation do you offer them as to their very existance? scientific or religious? etc...

Bottomline, i know the three years seem like a waist of time but i'm sure you have learned quite a bit from those years. Better you go your seperate ways now than later on when you have so much more invested in the relationship.

Good luck to you and i'm sure you will find a women who will make a good man out of you soon. ;)