As someone who has contacts with ESPN...

DuaneThomas71

Benched
Reaction score
I thought some of you might be interested to hear the truth regarding the alleged "T.O. controversy."

Those who I talked to close to the situation are in absolute shock right now over the direction ESPN has taken the past few days. What you are seeing now is a carefully conceived ploy being executed to boost ratings for the 2009 fiscal year, which is vital as the network hopes to build new advertising revenue.

While it would be easy to blame the reporters for this yellow journalism, they're only the tip of the iceberg. The reality is that ESPN executes have melted down and gone into panic mode regarding the current state of their network.

For those of you worried about the state of the Dallas Cowboys football team, perhaps you should take whatever you're envisioning now (which isn't at all accurate), quintouple it, and that's what ESPN meetings are like right now.

The ploy, as I was told, was designed to create a self-fulfilling prophecy in Dallas as a result of paranoia amongst players (chiefly Terrell Owens, Tony Romo, and Jason Witten). Those who hatched the plan believed that the faux-quotes would be enough to cast a sense of doubt over members of the Cowboys locker room, resulting in tension and, eventually, an actual blowup that would justify ESPN's outrageous coverage based on unnamed sources.

But it didn't work. Much to the chagrin of the powers that be at ESPN, the Cowboys players put their heads together and quickly figured out exactly what was going on. Ed Werder himself was actually present at the team meeting and was the one who reported to the higher ups that there was something impeding the plan.

The constant changes to the very article Werder reported are ESPN's attempts to adjust to Dallas having caught on.

My sources have each responded to the numerous things that have been stated by ESPN and other members through ESPN sourcing pertaining to the matter:

It was reported that Owens, Romo, and Witten have a strained relationship. While the details of their relationship are not factually known, there has been no team source to report any such strain. What in fact transpired was the following: A behind-the-scenes writer noted via text message that he noticed numerous plays in which Owens failed to block for Witten after he caught the ball against the Pittsburgh Steelers. The person on the other end of the conversation pitched the Owens/Witten angle to a story editor later that afternoon and it found its way to the higherups. The rest is history.

It was reported that Owens and Witten had a war of words today and got into a scuffle. This is untrue. This report is complete fiction in a desperation attempt to cause further distractions to the Cowboys. As you can imagine, the Cowboys, already having a firm grasp of what took place before, understood fully the intentions of this report.

It was reported that Owens, Patrick Crayton, and Roy Williams asked for a meeting with offensive coordiator Jason Garret. This is, in fact, true. However, what may be of interest to some of you is that the three receivers have spoken privately with Garrett several times this season.

Many people are wondering how Bradie James had his quote included with all of the quotes from unnamed sources. James was asked to explain how important communication is for a team leader. While answering the question, a reporter (not Ed Werder) asked if Tony Romo and Terrell Owens do a lot of communicating, to which James responded with his quote.

James never stated that he "played peacemaker" between Romo and Owens, but rather than he stayed out of their way and let them has things out when they disagreed on something (the context of these comments pertained to on the field disagreements).

So I hope that helps clear some things up for everyone. I know it's been a crazy week for Cowboys fans, but the reality is that this crazyness is smoke and mirrors; and it's sure to blow up in ESPN's face.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
#1 this is your 1st post here so i'm sceptical

#2 why would werder be in a team meeting?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
You mean the fact that I have been boycotting BSPN for a year is paying off?

Good.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ed Werder was in the team meeting?

Call me skeptical but I find that hard to believe and with that in mind I find some of the other stuff in the post questionable. Just my opinion.

Boysboy

Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if Romo, Witten, Owens, Crayton, and Roy11 are in Tony's mansion home in his basement, playing cards, drinking beer, and having a BIG laugh over how ALL the NFL fans, especially us Cowboys fan, got SUCKED into this cockamamie BS.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Just like Parcells once said, "CONSIDER YOURSELVES SUCKED!".:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
A conspiracy so vast.

800px-TinFoilHat002.jpg

BTW, I thought unnamed sources were "bad."

twentytwo

Reaction score
Its hard to believe that what everyone has been thinking IS true.

Assuming you aren't lying, thanks for the information.

bigdrulez3141

Reaction score
Im sure you are gonna recieve alot of questions like this, but who are your contacts in ESPN?? ive been sayin stuff like this all along so i hope its true.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
First of all :welcome: to the forum. Love the username.

We have a regular poster here who works for ESPN. I am very skeptical of this report. I am more skeptical of the TO reports. I think they stink like trash. But ESPN is not in any kind of trouble. They are a huge conglomerate who have a controlling niche.

Reporters are not allowed in team meetings. Not even Mickey Spagnola who works for the team.

Oh, and the report of the scuffle with Witten and TO was Mac Engel. He doesn't work for ESPN.

jimmy40

Reaction score
DuaneThomas71;2487938 said:
I thought some of you might be interested to hear the truth regarding the alleged "T.O. controversy."

Those who I talked to close to the situation are in absolute shock right now over the direction ESPN has taken the past few days. What you are seeing now is a carefully conceived ploy being executed to boost ratings for the 2009 fiscal year, which is vital as the network hopes to build new advertising revenue.

While it would be easy to blame the reporters for this yellow journalism, they're only the tip of the iceberg. The reality is that ESPN executes have melted down and gone into panic mode regarding the current state of their network.

For those of you worried about the state of the Dallas Cowboys football team, perhaps you should take whatever you're envisioning now (which isn't at all accurate), quintouple it, and that's what ESPN meetings are like right now.

The ploy, as I was told, was designed to create a self-fulfilling prophecy in Dallas as a result of paranoia amongst players (chiefly Terrell Owens, Tony Romo, and Jason Witten). Those who hatched the plan believed that the faux-quotes would be enough to cast a sense of doubt over members of the Cowboys locker room, resulting in tension and, eventually, an actual blowup that would justify ESPN's outrageous coverage based on unnamed sources.

But it didn't work. Much to the chagrin of the powers that be at ESPN, the Cowboys players put their heads together and quickly figured out exactly what was going on. Ed Werder himself was actually present at the team meeting and was the one who reported to the higher ups that there was something impeding the plan.

The constant changes to the very article Werder reported are ESPN's attempts to adjust to Dallas having caught on.

My sources have each responded to the numerous things that have been stated by ESPN and other members through ESPN sourcing pertaining to the matter:

It was reported that Owens, Romo, and Witten have a strained relationship. While the details of their relationship are not factually known, there has been no team source to report any such strain. What in fact transpired was the following: A behind-the-scenes writer noted via text message that he noticed numerous plays in which Owens failed to block for Witten after he caught the ball against the Pittsburgh Steelers. The person on the other end of the conversation pitched the Owens/Witten angle to a story editor later that afternoon and it found its way to the higherups. The rest is history.

It was reported that Owens and Witten had a war of words today and got into a scuffle. This is untrue. This report is complete fiction in a desperation attempt to cause further distractions to the Cowboys. As you can imagine, the Cowboys, already having a firm grasp of what took place before, understood fully the intentions of this report.

It was reported that Owens, Patrick Crayton, and Roy Williams asked for a meeting with offensive coordiator Jason Garret. This is, in fact, true. However, what may be of interest to some of you is that the three receivers have spoken privately with Garrett several times this season.

Many people are wondering how Bradie James had his quote included with all of the quotes from unnamed sources. James was asked to explain how important communication is for a team leader. While answering the question, a reporter (not Ed Werder) asked if Tony Romo and Terrell Owens do a lot of communicating, to which James responded with his quote.

James never stated that he "played peacemaker" between Romo and Owens, but rather than he stayed out of their way and let them has things out when they disagreed on something (the context of these comments pertained to on the field disagreements).

So I hope that helps clear some things up for everyone. I know it's been a crazy week for Cowboys fans, but the reality is that this crazyness is smoke and mirrors; and it's sure to blow up in ESPN's face.

So now Duane Thomas decides to talk.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

No offense dude but this being your first post, and the fact that you claim Werder was allowed in a team meeting, gives you zero credibility on this with me.

goshan

Reaction score
This post is a bunch of BS.
I suspect the issues reported to be true--it has been clear to me that Romo and TO were good friends last year, but at some point, that eroded.
They just don't talk at all like they did in games.

But the maginitude is being totally blown out of proportion...as is about any other media story these days.
I am shocked it is getting so much play.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Your very first post on this board...but yet you have connections to God, ESPN and the ghost of Abraham Lincoln.

Sure.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score

Yeah, ESPN is in meltodwn mode, lol. Do you know who owns ESPN?

Ed Werder was at the team meeting with the Cowboys? lol. Was he sitting next to T.O.? lol.

This wasn't reported by ESPN.

No, this is not true. Garrett told them during a 'film session' on Monday that he has an open door policy and they took him up on the offer.

Why didn't you record the phone call or just send us the email correspondence with the names blacked out?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2487957 said:
First of all :welcome: to the forum. Love the username.

We have a regular poster here who works for ESPN. I am very skeptical of this report. I am more skeptical of the TO reports. I think they stink like trash. But ESPN is not in any kind of trouble. They are a huge conglomerate who have a controlling niche.

Reporters are not allowed in team meetings. Not even Mickey Spagnola who works for the team.

Oh, and the report of the scuffle with Owens and TO was Mac Engel. He doesn't work for ESPN.
see! I told you guys Terrell was a headcase, he's fighting with himself. he's probably sitting in his locker punching himself in the face like Ed Norton in Fight Club.

http://i246.***BLOCKED***/albums/gg103/Sun_Mo/FightClub.gif

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Duane,

In order to be thought of as anything more than a fraud you need to increase your post count. It would be a good idea to to do that work right here in this thread. Just a thought...

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
As someone who has contacts with Satan, I'd just like to say that you're all going to Hell.