CFZ As the dust settles from the cuts, my excitement for the season builds

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
As the dust settles from the cuts, my excitement for the season builds. We probably will see a few more roster gymnastics before we play the Giants. However, I have to say I like the way that this roster appears to be being constructed ATM. Maybe it's because I'm 30, but I think this team looks better than it did this time last year. Bear in mind, we went 12-5 with a much weaker team than I think we have this year.

Here are some examples of areas that generate excitement for me. I think our receivers look better than they did this time last year. Heck, even our likely PS receivers look good. The removal of Kelvin Joseph means that we have one less imbecile on the team. I don't know how the replacement will be, but I doubt he's as much of an idiot as Bossman Fat was. I think our running game looks lethal. I think the combination of Pollard, Dowdle, Vaughn, and Luepke will be a nice combo. I'm expecting that our "run game" will likely be just quick passes to them to get them outside and let them use their speed.

I also should note that our kicking game looks better. We are not having to recycle Brett Maher again (who couldn't even make the Broncos squad). We have a kicker who got better as the preseason when on. Our defence is always exciting, and our secondary has me excited. Also, our backup QB situation looks good. I liked Grier, but I think Dak, Rush, and Lance will be a nice trio. Especially since Lance has a chance to learn and develop on what his upside was. I think Dak is going to take to this offense well. Our preseason offense looked explosive, and that's without the big starters involved. I think, in short, our offense is going to be explosive, our defence is going to be deadly, and our ST looks better. Kick that ball off already!!

I'm sure some of you are going to say that "Jerry loves fans like me" for my expressing my excitement. To which, I will respond by saying that I'm 30, and let me drink my Kool-Aid in peace. I'm excited about the Cowboys this year, and I'm excited to see the team kick the ball off. I don't know where the season is going to end, but I think we are going to have an exciting team to watch. Go Cowboys!!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

Give me a nice glass of Cowboys Kool Aid. I'm excited for what the Cowboys do this season. I think we are going to the NFCC.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
As the dust settles from the cuts, my excitement for the season builds. We probably will see a few more roster gymnastics before we play the Giants. However, I have to say I like the way that this roster appears to be being constructed ATM. Maybe it's because I'm 30, but I think this team looks better than it did this time last year. Bear in mind, we went 12-5 with a much weaker team than I think we have this year.

Here are some examples of areas that generate excitement for me. I think our receivers look better than they did this time last year. Heck, even our likely PS receivers look good. The removal of Kelvin Joseph means that we have one less imbecile on the team. I don't know how the replacement will be, but I doubt he's as much of an idiot as Bossman Fat was. I think our running game looks lethal. I think the combination of Pollard, Dowdle, Vaughn, and Luepke will be a nice combo. I'm expecting that our "run game" will likely be just quick passes to them to get them outside and let them use their speed.

I also should note that our kicking game looks better. We are not having to recycle Brett Maher again (who couldn't even make the Broncos squad). We have a kicker who got better as the preseason when on. Our defence is always exciting, and our secondary has me excited. Also, our backup QB situation looks good. I liked Grier, but I think Dak, Rush, and Lance will be a nice trio. Especially since Lance has a chance to learn and develop on what his upside was. I think Dak is going to take to this offense well. Our preseason offense looked explosive, and that's without the big starters involved. I think, in short, our offense is going to be explosive, our defence is going to be deadly, and our ST looks better. Kick that ball off already!!

I'm sure some of you are going to say that "Jerry loves fans like me" for my expressing my excitement. To which, I will respond by saying that I'm 30, and let me drink my Kool-Aid in peace. I'm excited about the Cowboys this year, and I'm excited to see the team kick the ball off. I don't know where the season is going to end, but I think we are going to have an exciting team to watch. Go Cowboys!!
I wanted them to do more with the RB position but taking out Zeke and giving those carries to Pollard, Dowdle and Deuce are going to make a world of difference. Zeke will no longer bog down this offense trying to feature and establish him early in games.

And the changes to the offense and use of RB's in the passing game is huge.

The Oline is the only place that got worse. Until Tyron goes down, its better, but once that happens its worse.

kevm3

Reaction score
Well I think we're finally seeing what a sensibly constructed team by football folks actually looks like again

I think Jerry is finally easing off of the competition he has in his mind of who was responsible for the cowboys success, him or Jimmy, and he wants a ring so he's listening to people after seeing nearly 3 decades of not making it out of the 2nd round.

There are still a couple of holes that need to be filled, but the moves the front office have been making as of late look like real football moves and we no longer have Jerry's proteges in coaching any longer. Both Garrett and Kellen Moore being fast tracked didn't give them time to prepare for the role that was handed over to them. Both should have been sitting under coaching trees and learning the job. Now, we have guys who've demonstrated a long record of success in the NFL in McCarthy and Quinn and we're finally making moves that everyone has been screaming for for a long time, namely a big boy at DT

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
These original cuts are not what this team will eventually be. Give it a day or two and we will see a couple of cut players re-hired and a couple of players on the original 53-man roster put on IR "designated to return" list. Also, a good deal of these cut players will be reclaimed for the practice squad. So I don't get too excited about the roster on cut day. I predict Malik Davis will be reclaimed by the Cowboys.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I wanted them to do more with the RB position but taking out Zeke and giving those carries to Pollard, Dowdle and Deuce are going to make a world of difference. Zeke will no longer bog down this offense trying to feature and establish him early in games.

And the changes to the offense and use of RB's in the passing game is huge.

The Oline is the only place that got worse. Until Tyron goes down, its better, but once that happens its worse.

Not only that, but we have Luepke for the short yards that we want. Plus, we can finally do FB dives.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
These original cuts are not what this team will eventually be. Give it a day or two and we will see a couple of cut players re-hired and a couple of players on the original 53-man roster put on IR "designated to return" list. Also, a good deal of these cut players will be reclaimed for the practice squad. So I don't get too excited about the roster on cut day. I predict Malik Davis will be reclaimed by the Cowboys.

Sure, and I can see that. However, in the meantime, as the dust is settling, I'm excited. Plus, Jerry might have another move or two up his sleeve. You never know. That said, I'm excited. I think this team looks furtastic!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not only that, but we have Luepke for the short yards that we want. Plus, we can finally do FB dives.
Yah, Im not one of these guys that thinks you have to have a big back to be successful on short yardage.

Until Dowdle goes down I dont think Luepke is going to get much PT.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yah, Im not one of these guys that thinks you have to have a big back to be successful on short yardage.

Until Dowdle goes down I dont think Luepke is going to get much PT.

Sure, but in situations like 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1, sometimes the easiest way to get the first is either a QB sneak or a FB dive.