As usual I was right.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Who said that T.O. was gonna be a Cowboy a long time ago. Me. I know I was not the only one a few others of us thought so to. But I knew he was gonna be a Cowboy all along. Oh but hey Im just a kid so what would I know.

So far this off season I think has been great.

I really like the Kosier signing. CNNSI listed him as one of the top 5 sleeper picks and said his biggest weakness is that the teams he has played with he has not been allowed to play just ONE position on the line. They think if a team will have him at just one position G or T he will be very good.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Who said that T.O. was gonna be a Cowboy a long time ago. Me. I know I was not the only one a few others of us thought so to. But I knew he was gonna be a Cowboy all along. Oh but hey Im just a kid so what would I know.

I really like the Kosier signing. CNNSI listed him as one of the top 5 sleeper picks and said his biggest weakness is that the teams he has played with he has not been allowed to play just ONE position on the line. They think if a team will have him at just one position G or T he will be very good.
Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back :D

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Uh, let's see here. Mort and Peter King, (national media) and Mike Fisher, (local media) all said, as soon as T.O. was suspended and it was obvious that he wouldn't be back with the Eagles in 2006 that the Cowboys were big players for T.O. Fisher even commented on Mort and King getting their info from Parcells himself.

Patting yourself on the back won't win you many friends and frankly no one cares about what any of us say on this board, except ourselves. :D

The handwriting was on the wall for me, as soon as Parcells gave those very interesting comments way back when in his weekly PC when he didn't avoid the T.O. question nor did he criticize T.O. in the situation. I don't recall his exact quotes, but it was enough to pass the strong suggestion that he was interested. Everyone knew Jerry would be interested, but when Parcells took that approach, I thought, Hmmm....
Combine that with what the media was saying and I believed he would be here eventually.

I even caught myself thinking during the season in games like the Giants game in the Meadowlands, about what kind of a difference T.O. would make in the game. At that point, I was hooked.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
And here we go..... :banghead:

You dont post for a month, then we get TO and BAM :banghead:

Go get your TO jersey HH. You know you wanna wear it.

Westcoasthabsfan

Reaction score
Wolverine said:

You had better go out and buy a powerball ticket eh......:lmao:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Wolverine said:

Take a lesson from the whale Wolverine. The only time he gets harpooned is when he comes up to spout.

Striving to be the next Nors is a poor goal.

marsbennett

Mars Man
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Take a lesson from the whale Wolverine. The only time he gets harpooned is when he comes up to spout.

Let me guess, he had to be banned...that why I seen so much of him lately @ DCC?

As an aside, Hos, is everyone around here as strongly opposed to this signing as the media in Dallas?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile said:

Ouch :eek:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
marsbennett said:
Let me guess, he had to be banned...that why I seen so much of him lately @ DCC?

As an aside, Hos, is everyone around here as strongly opposed to this signing as the media in Dallas?

Nors was banned last Wednsday I think. Dont know why

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
marsbennett said:

There is a completely divided opinion on TO here. I have a feeling this might get as nasty as the old QC wars.

Some see him as the savior of Super Bowl dreams. Some see him as the locker room destroying cancer. Somewhere in between are the cautiously optimistic.

marsbennett

Mars Man
Reaction score
Hostile said:
There is a completely divided opinion on TO here. I have a feeling this might get as nasty as the old QC wars.

Some see him as the savior of Super Bowl dreams. Some see him as the locker room destroying cancer. Somewhere in between are the cautiously optimistic.

As if our locker room has had something worth saving for a decade. Our offense is desperate at WR, our cap number is still strong, the downside is covered by the filing of a waiver.....I could go on and on, but all I hear is the star, cancer...bla bla.

Imo, it all comes down to one thing...winning. When we win a division title with TO at WR they'll ****....if he goes nuts and gets waived what have we lost? Keyshaun? :jerk:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Hostile said:

Man, that's a great saying. I'm already planning on when I'll use that saying to my kids.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Well I knew we were getting T.O. when he had problems in Philly earlier this year and then I knew for sure when Jerry said, "If we get TO he can sleep on the star"

I knew, I knew, I knew.... ;)

just kidding around guys....

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Wolverine said:

Good call. I'm sure you said it and everyone was bashing you and saying they would leave or stop being Cowboy Fans if he came....I remember I got bashed last season for saying MArion BArber should start instead of JJ, and look what happened Little JJ couldnt keep it going and they all fell on the Bandwagon.

It happens all the time, if you say something that doesnt concure with the majority you're a little kid, or you dont know anything..But once it happens, none wants to give credit where it's do:laugh2: .

W/E....lol

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Here are a few threads I dug up, for anyone else who wishes to say, "I told you so!"

Just keep it clean..it's all in good fun!

:D

http://dallascowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50125

http://dallascowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50000

http://dallascowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43277

http://dallascowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45020

http://dallascowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45730

Edit:

And for the record, Wolverine was right!

Wolverine said:
What do you expect BP to say. As soon as T.O. is released he will be a Cowboy. ANd get tampering chargers. Of course he is gonna say he aint interested in T.O. He aint gonna let anyone know what he really thinks.

You could be right and we will not get him but you could also be very wrong. One thing I do know is that NOBODY in the forum knows were BP really stands on the T.O. thing and we wont know till he is either a Cowboy or somewhere else.
posted 12-11-2005, 10:03 PM

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Looks like CowboyExpress was on to something...

CowboyExpress said:
So give him a 1 year $10-11 million deal with the option to extend that IF both parties are in agreeance. Otherwise both go their separate ways at the end of the season. No problems his first couple of years in San Fran. No problems his first year in Philly.

Plus he knows darn well that this will be his final straw. A team will take a chance on him next year, but if he repeats his behavior there, they'll get rid of him lightning fast to avoid another Philly situation happening. He has to be well behaved for at very least next season.

He'll get a 1, 2 year deal, tops, from any team that signs him. Nobody is going to be nieve enough to sign him long term. He has a lot of proving to do before that happens.

I also see him dropping his agent before the offseason too. Jevon Walker just dropped the same guy I believe. And if TO does, his stock will definatly rise without the "devil" sitting on his shoulder and whispering into his ear any longer.