Ask The Fans

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I find myself talking more about the draft than the up coming Super Bowl. Whose playing again? What time does it start?:laugh2:

Gotta laugh to keep from crying.

Anyways here's a brilliant idea induced by boredom and stolen from the Pro Bowl sort of. What if fans had a 5% say so in the draft? I mean the fans are really paying the salary so is 5% to much to ask? So what you do is you make multiple choice surveys in combination with explanations as to why you chose certain players, limiting your answers to a scale of 1-10 on each criteria, ie strength, vision, agility, etc. Cause nobody is gonna read a zillion essays on why some guy from USC is better than some guy from Texas and what not. You take an average because the majority is always wrong anyways and you match the reasoning with your facts and you throw it out regardless and tell the fans what they wanna hear.;)

Yes I'm bored but who isn't? I'm sure there's a way to do it with some kind of checks and balances system like the electoral college..:eek:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
ELDudearino;1927768 said:
I find myself talking more about the draft than the up coming Super Bowl. Whose playing again? What time does it start?:laugh2:

Gotta laugh to keep from crying.

Anyways here's a brilliant idea induced by boredom and stolen from the Pro Bowl sort of. What if fans had a 5% say so in the draft? I mean the fans are really paying the salary so is 5% to much to ask? So what you do is you make multiple choice surveys in combination with explanations as to why you chose certain players, limiting your answers to a scale of 1-10 on each criteria, ie strength, vision, agility, etc. Cause nobody is gonna read a zillion essays on why some guy from USC is better than some guy from Texas and what not. You take an average because the majority is always wrong anyways and you match the reasoning with your facts and you throw it out regardless and tell the fans what they wanna hear.;)

Yes I'm bored but who isn't? I'm sure there's a way to do it with some kind of checks and balances system like the electoral college..:eek:

I hear ya... LOL

But you know what... we were not ready to play the Pats in the SB. This team was weak and soft the last 1/4 of the season. The Giants are the right(hot) team to get that shot.

With that said... I expect the Giants to get burned ALOT like they did when Driver scored down the right sideline.

Giants = Sacrificial Lamb / SBXLII

gbrittain

Reaction score
YoMick;1927777 said:
I hear ya... LOL

But you know what... we were not ready to play the Pats in the SB. This team was weak and soft the last 1/4 of the season. The Giants are the right(hot) team to get that shot.

With that said... I expect the Giants to get burned ALOT like they did when Driver scored down the right sideline.

Giants = Sacrificial Lamb / SBXLII

I will be surprised if the Giants do not get beat by at least 14 points...and that is coming from someone who would rather (not by much) the Giants win.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
gbrittain;1927792 said:
I will be surprised if the Giants do not get beat by at least 14 points...and that is coming from someone who would rather (not by much) the Giants win.

Yeah I am twisted on that too...

I want the Giants to win to eliminate the perfect cheating season

BUT

long term I have to deal with the NY nonsense if they do.

So with that said.... I want the Giants to lose.... I can deal with "we beat you and got farther" than... them winning the SB.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
gbrittain;1927792 said:

If Brady is truly healthy, I think the Giants are gonna get smoked.

gbrittain

Reaction score
YoMick;1927796 said:
Yeah I am twisted on that too...

I want the Giants to win to eliminate the perfect cheating season

BUT

long term I have to deal with the NY nonsense if they do.

So with that said.... I want the Giants to lose.... I can deal with "we beat you and got farther" than... them winning the SB.

The beauty of it for me is I am going to be sad no matter who wins, but I am going to be happy no matter who loses.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Sarge;1927801 said:
If Brady is truly healthy, I think the Giants are gonna get smoked.

True that.

If the Giants were to win, it would truly be one of the all time greatest upsets IMO.

This game has DAL/BUF Part I written all over it.

hairic

Reaction score
ELDudearino said:

I've been waiting for a cheap team to auction off one of their 7th round compensatory picks on ebay. The team would call the winner on draft day, give them a choice between 5 players and explain about them, and let them pick. It's probably only possible with mr. irrelevant to keep other teams from tampering so their team gets a less sucky player a pick or two later.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I agree with you guys on the Superbowl. I don't want to see New England get the undefeated season but I can not bring myself to root for the Giants to win a Superbowl so I have, honestly, zero to root for in this Superbowl.

This is the first Superbowl in my life that I didn't have something to root for.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Rampage;1927921 said:
i think the fans shouldn't be allowed to vote for the probowl.

Yep:laugh2:

Let alone have a say in the draft. Every player drafter would be from a Big Ten, SEC, ACC, or Big 12