Assassins 3 for PS3

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Thinking about getting this game. I love the idea of the American Revolution theme. Anyone played the others and or this one and what are your thoughts. Is it a strategy game or more like a shoot 'em up?

Ren

Reaction score
Action adventure game

1 was pretty dull, 2 was good, Brotherhood and Revelations was good as well
The series has gotten better for each game so 3 should be pretty good, certainly looks good if the trailers are anything to go by

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Ren;4806777 said:
Action adventure game

1 was pretty dull, 2 was good, Brotherhood and Revelations was good as well
The series has gotten better for each game so 3 should be pretty good, certainly looks good if the trailers are anything to go by
1 was pretty dull? Hell, 2 was basically an identical game with new maps/characters.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4806774 said:
Thinking about getting this game. I love the idea of the American Revolution theme. Anyone played the others and or this one and what are your thoughts. Is it a strategy game or more like a shoot 'em up?

It is neither...
Its more action/adventure/stealth......
All of the AC games have gotten high ratings and from the looks of this one i expect it to be huge.
Heres a couple vids...
[youtube]bNgh5WiMbBM&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

[youtube]gZrklEy9ohQ[/youtube]

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Achilleslastand;4806856 said:
It is neither...
Its more action/adventure/stealth......
All of the AC games have gotten high ratings and from the looks of this one i expect it to be huge.
Heres a couple vids...
[youtube]bNgh5WiMbBM&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

[youtube]gZrklEy9ohQ[/youtube]

Thanks. Those look great.

Illini88228

Reaction score
theogt;4806831 said:
1 was pretty dull? Hell, 2 was basically an identical game with new maps/characters.

I enjoyed 2 quite a bit more than 1. 1 was just missing an important level of detail. You're right that the basic mechanics of the game were the same, but 2 was a much more polished final product.

arglebargle

Reaction score
Not a big fan of the series, but this one gets pretty good reviews. Lots of stealth, climbing, jumping, along with some unusual combat (flintlocks, bow and arrow, tomahawk). You do get to meet George Washington, I hear....

Ren

Reaction score
theogt;4806831 said:

2 mixed it up more, what made 1 dull was doing the same tasks over and over again, pick pocket, climb somewhere high, sit on bench and eavesdrop. The assassinations where good but everything you had to do to gain the info to go do them was tedious and repetitive as hell.

2 had lots of variation, basically every complain people had about the first one was addressed it never felt like a grind

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Assassin's Creed has been one of my all-time favorite game series, cajun. I think you'll enjoy it big time.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Can't stand the games.

You play for 15 minutes. You have literally done everything you are going to do in the rest of the game.

Really lame an easy fighting system, gets so repetitive it just can't keep me entertained.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;4809847 said:
Can't stand the games.

You play for 15 minutes. You have literally done everything you are going to do in the rest of the game.

Really lame an easy fighting system, gets so repetitive it just can't keep me entertained.
That eliminates ... well ... basically every game ever.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
theogt;4810461 said:
That eliminates ... well ... basically every game ever.

yeah 90% of the games that come out are pretty awful, but I said more things after your quote.

If the fighting was entertaining and not just massively repetitive crap, it could still be entertaining, but it's the same crap in every game, with new cutscenes. The fighting doesn't really progress as the game goes on, a few new weapons, no real combo system, just very boring fighting. Block, hit the counter button, repeat forever.

While the story is interesting, the cutscenes are boring most of the time.

The game becomes one tedious crawl from 1 storyline scene to another. Every in between is pretty bland.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;4810606 said:
yeah 90% of the games that come out are pretty awful, but I said more things after your quote.

If the fighting was entertaining and not just massively repetitive crap, it could still be entertaining, but it's the same crap in every game, with new cutscenes. The fighting doesn't really progress as the game goes on, a few new weapons, no real combo system, just very boring fighting. Block, hit the counter button, repeat forever.

While the story is interesting, the cutscenes are boring most of the time.

The game becomes one tedious crawl from 1 storyline scene to another. Every in between is pretty bland.
You hold an extreme minority point of view.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
theogt;4811268 said:
You hold an extreme minority point of view.

Indeed, I do with movies too. Like Transformers. Some of the worst movies ever. Very much in the minority there as well.

I'm used to it. It makes finding something "good" that much better.

MC KAos

Reaction score
ill be picking this game up but not on launch. ill prob get it on the Wii U, but i want to play COD on the xbox and zombie U on the Wii U first.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;4812119 said:
Indeed, I do with movies too. Like Transformers. Some of the worst movies ever. Very much in the minority there as well.

I'm used to it. It makes finding something "good" that much better.
The Transformers movies are universally panned as terrible movies.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
theogt;4813780 said:
The Transformers movies are universally panned as terrible movies.

Uh. Wickerman is universally panned as terrible movie.
Transformers were huge hits that made Mr. Bay rich. Most people loved those movies. Are they stupid? yes, but doesn't change the fact that any average person you talk to, is going to speak highly of them.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;4814553 said:
Uh. Wickerman is universally panned as terrible movie.
Transformers were huge hits that made Mr. Bay rich. Most people loved those movies. Are they stupid? yes, but doesn't change the fact that any average person you talk to, is going to speak highly of them.
Literally no one "speaks highly" of the Transformer movies.