Assault Charges For Farting Around An Officer?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
[youtube]Vhd0QTdQ1gY[/youtube]

I laughing at the story as well the anchor.

How can a fart be considered assault?

hairic

Reaction score
I only looked for about 20 seconds, but I can't find any convictions for it, just a lot of instances of charges being dropped.

Probably also have to look for a stinky breath conviction, as it'd be the same thing from the opposite end of the tubing, and probably easier to prove intent.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;3979415 said:
Only adding charges to a DUI, from what I could gather anyway.

Yup. A friend of mine once had a cop add obstructed view to a speeding ticket (10 over) because he had an air freshener dangling from his mirror.

Cops can be real jerks if they want to be.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TheCount;3979424 said:
Yup. A friend of mine once had a cop add obstructed view to a speeding ticket (10 over) because he had an air freshener dangling from his mirror.

Cops can be real jerks if they want to be.
I had a cop give me 3 tickets one night.

The 1st was for drag racing. (There was no other car. I was speeding, but I was not racing anyone. In court he named the other driver, but when I asked why that other driver had not been given a ticket he had no answer. This was reduced to speeding.)

The 2nd was for careless driving. (For this one I got a year probation even though the cop admitted he never saw me do it. Just took complaints from residents who did.)

The 3rd was for an illegal exhaust system. (Headers and pipes back to glass packs. I told the judge the exhaust was never illegal when I was dating the cop's daughter, but it suddenly was once we broke up. The judge actually cracked up and threw it out of court.)

I'm still pissed about the year of probation. :D

arglebargle

Reaction score
I had a friend who beat his case by filming the route and area he got the ticket on, showing that the police officer's description of the events was impossible for him to have witnessed. The Judge was peeved at the waste of time: Charges dismissed.

Personally, I was pretty much guilty of every offense I was ticketed for, but one. And that one got the fine cut in half at court.

What PO'd me was the 8-10 parking tickets I got, from an area that it later turned out the city had no jurisdiction to ticket. They never did offer to pay it all back either...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Anytime I see the their lights come on, I just hit the hyper drive!

tumblr_lcveiokTsv1qzkbgno1_500.gif

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3979369 said:
How can a fart be considered assault?

You've never smelled mine...

I have no need for pest control at my house... :D