Assault trial of Cowboys rookie ex-Michigan rookie Jourdan Lewis Underway

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
By John Counts

ANN ARBOR, MI -- Did NFL rookie Jourdan Lewis hit his ex-girlfriend with a pillow forcefully enough to knock her down? Or did he merely throw pillows at her?

The distinction will be at the crux of the former University of Michigan football player's domestic assault case, which got underway Monday, July 24 with jury selection and opening statements at Ann Arbor's 15th District Court.

Assistant Washtenaw County Prosecutor Lou Danner characterized the incident during opening statements as a violent assault that started with three blows with the pillow and ended with Lewis dragging Nikole Miller, 21, across the floor and forcefully putting his hands on her neck before leaving.

"He did it hard," Danner said about the blows with the pillow. "He used forced behind it and he knew he shouldn't have."

Lewis' attorney, Ann Arbor-based John Shea, said during his opening statement that his client merely threw pillows at the woman after Miller woke him and confronted him about wasting "a few pennies worth of electricity" after falling asleep with the lights on.

"Throwing pillows at someone is not domestic assault by anyone's definition," he said.

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor...t_center_of_ex-michiga.html#incart_river_home

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A pillow?? The prosecution is going to trial over a pillow??

:confused:

State of society today. All she has to do is accuse and he's arrested and fighting for his life and reputation.

Meanwhile Joe Mixon gets legitimately assaulted on video and his assaulter is a poor victim while he's like Satan 2.0

It sickens me that he has to miss time in his first NFL training camp for this charade.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
State of society today. All she has to do is accuse and he's arrested and fighting for his life and reputation.

Meanwhile Joe Mixon gets legitimately assaulted on video and his assaulter is a poor victim while he's like Satan 2.0

It sickens me that he has to miss time in his first NFL training camp for this charade.
But her Mama pays the light bill...... she was just being a responsible pretend grown-up

JBS

Reaction score

The question is will he ever play a snap in the NFL

Reports I'm reading are saying those pillows had bricks in them

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
State of society today.

The fact that this was actually and truly said by an attorney who thought it would influence of jury of peers.

"He did it hard. He used forced behind it and he knew he shouldn't have."

About a pillow.

A pillow.

If anyone wants real evidence that our society has plummeted into the depths of oversensitivity and overcompensation, here you go.

Aven8

Reaction score
The fact that this was actually and truly said by an attorney who thought it would influence of jury of peers.

"He did it hard. He used forced behind it and he knew he shouldn't have."

About a pillow.

A pillow.

If anyone wants real evidence that our society has plummeted into the depths of oversensitivity and overcompensation, here you go.

Maybe it was like the pillow in Bad Boys, the original with Sean Penn, where he put full coke cans in there??

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Need some advice, who should I consult? Should I immediately just file assault charges?
Just recently hosted a sleep over party for my 12 yr old daughters birthday party, and a major pillow fight broke out amongst 15 girls,,, sounds like major legal implications are looming, not sure what to do at this point.