Assume CBA/FA will again be delayed..

sago1

Reaction score
Haven't heard anything more re off again/on again re CBA except for changing situation every hour, but since there have been no cuts today, I doubt anything can get done by 6:00 PM EST. So I expect Tag comes out (if he hasn't already done so) and delays FA once again. This stinks. I think NFL fans ought to be able to levy fines against both owners & players on grounds of mental anguish & arrogance & against Tag & Upshaw for incompentence.

Since we not allowed to really express our true feelings in this forum almost this mess, I'm going out & destroy any of my NFL stuff--not Cowboys gear of course.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Unless they are really close to a deal there will not be another delay. Upshaw has already gotten in hot water with the players over the first delay- and he has to OK it.

sago1

Reaction score
Then why haven't we seen more cuts today? Of course, Tag could put off FA til 6:00 PM Monday to allow teams to cut those players necessary to get under the cap.

JonCJG

Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 4:57 p.m. EST, March 5, 2006

ATTENTION SHIFTS TO NEW EXTENSION

As the NFL and the NFLPA continue to discuss the final sticking points on a new CBA, we're told that the focus has now shifted to negotiating an extension to the start of the 2006 league year.

Under the extension to which both sides agreed on Thursday, the new league year begins at 12:01 a.m. Monday, and all teams must make any cuts aimed at getting under the salary cap by 6:00 p.m. EST Sunday.

That's roughly an hour from now.

We're told that the deadlines will be extended either by one or three days.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Mort just said on ESPN news that they are trying to hammer out an agreement, can't, and the NFL is going to ask the NFLPA for an extension.......until WEDNESDAY, 4PM EST.

Rich.......

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
Mort just said on ESPN news that they are trying to hammer out an agreement, can't, and the NFL is going to ask the NFLPA for an extension.......until WEDNESDAY, 4PM EST.

Rich.......

Yeh, well this got old a long time ago.

Get up Get Up!:horse:Get up Get up!

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
What's the point in having a deadline if you keep extending it?

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Avery said:
What's the point in having a deadline if you keep extending it?

So way they can officially extend it....:D

burmafrd

Reaction score
Mort now says they are trying to get an extension untill 4 PM Weds.
Upshaw has to sign off on it- it seems to be 50/50. ESPN news seems to be the only ones trying to keep up with this mess.

UDcowboysfan

Reaction score
Well this sucks why cant it go back to normal when FA would already of started and JJ would make us all smile with his signings.