ASUS Padfone 2

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hmm. Not sure what I think about this. It does a somewhat of a cool factor though.

[youtube]yjaZRKdyl4s[/youtube]

Jenky

Reaction score
Can't view the video at work, but if the phone is docked, are you able to tether with the tablet? That'd be a big advantage.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Jenky;4788716 said:
Can't view the video at work, but if the phone is docked, are you able to tether with the tablet? That'd be a big advantage.

From what I can tell, it isn't two Android devices. It's one. The tablet is just a larger touch screen monitor of sort. So, when the phone isn't docked, I don't think the tablet actually operates. (I could be wrong, It was just announced over night in Italy.)

While having two full devices would be cool, this definitely would make it cheaper to own both a tablet and a phone.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched the video with my negative opinion already formed, but the more I watched, the more I could see me using something like this. I have always been a ASUS fan.

That said, I anticipate Apple going after them for using "pad" in their product name. Not saying I support their would-be argument, just knowing the sad state of patent/trademark litigation these days.

My only concerns would be 1) how safe is the phone screen and case from scratching while being inserted or removed or while docked, 2) how well will the phone stay locked in place after a year of daily use in the tablet, 3) will the tablet have additional battery power since it will have higher power requirements than a phone's battery can sustain compared to other tablets, 4) will the phone be usable as a phone while docked in the tablet and 5) will there be cases that protect the tablet and the phone while allowing easy insertion and removal of the phone.

#reality

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Meat-O-Rama;4789052 said:

Wow, the video on that page really shows how cool that device actually is.

That said, I still think a 10" display is a little large for me. I'm definitely happy with a 7" display. Not to big and not too small. I can read with it, play games, and it's even large enough to watch high def movies.

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4789138 said:
Wow, the video on that page really shows how cool that device actually is.

That said, I still think a 10" display is a little large for me. I'm definitely happy with a 7" display. Not to big and not too small. I can read with it, play games, and it's even large enough to watch high def movies.

Funny, I think it's what you're used to. Having started off with the original iPad, the idea of the smaller size of the nexus or the rumored iPad mini doesn't appeal to me. Had they started mini and gone maxi, I'd probably feel the other way around!

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No US release date has been announced .. other countries are getting it between now and the end of the year.

#reality

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is a really cool product. Love the idea of it.