ASUS Transformer Prime

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
transformer-prime-announce-lead.jpg

Price: $499 /w 32GB, $599 /w 64GB
Display: 10.1-inch Super IPS+ Gorilla Glass display with a 178-degree viewing angle
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Brightness: 600 nits
CPU: Nvidia Tegra 3 Quad Core at 1.3Ghz (noted as a PC quality CPU)
Memory: 1GB
Front Face Camera: 1.2MP
Rear Face Camera: 8MP with auto-focusing f/2.4 lens
Video Quality: 1080P
Battery Life: 12 Hours
Audio: SonicMaster
GPS: Yes
SD Card: Yes, MicroSD
HDMI: Yes, Mini-HDMI
USB Port: Yes, USB 2.0
Gyroscope: Yes
Thickness: 8.3mm
Weight: 1.29 pounds
Casing: Aluminum
Other: Hydro-oleophobic coating over both casing and display to that makes it more fingerprint-resistant.
Add-Ons Docking full keyboard with touchpad ($149) that will extend battery usage an extra 6 hours. (18 hours total)
Included Software: SuperNote and Polaris Office

I've always could have use a laptop for work when I'm away from the office, but never wanted to deal with those bulky things. This might be my ticket. :)

Wonder if I can get the company to buy it for me! :laugh2:

Duane

Reaction score
I'm an accountant so I'll give you the charge codes. Just don't tell supply chain they're paying for it.:p:

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Duane;4233677 said:
I'm an accountant so I'll give you the charge codes. Just don't tell supply chain they're paying for it.:p:

Lol your telling me. I can't wait to get my hands on 1.

Heebie-Jeebie

They also pushed the launch back to December btw. :mad: It is specifically to get ICS tuned to the device. Google is involved helping them.

Should be awesome...can't wait.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Dallas;4233699 said:
Lol your telling me. I can't wait to get my hands on 1.

Heebie-Jeebie

They also pushed the launch back to December btw. :mad: It is specifically to get ICS tuned to the device. Google is involved helping them.

Should be awesome...can't wait.

Honestly, I'm glad they are waiting for ICS. Releasing it earlier without it would have been in mistake IMO.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4233704 said:
Honestly, I'm glad they are waiting for ICS. Releasing it earlier without it would have been in mistake IMO.

Agreed, though they were going w/ 3.1 which is the latest Honeycomb. Still - ICS is the future for android tablet OS and this baby has GOT to launch with it on the table.

All of Pre-Sales for this device are based in the EU atm. I can't find any pre-sales in the US.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
TheCount;4234393 said:
[youtube]K8E_zMLCRNg[/youtube]

Hey bro..I know your on some self serving mission and all w/ w/e it is you and SIA do when bashing each other like you do.

Could we stay OT or is that really asking to much? It may be asking to much so thats why Im asking.

Do you have some good input regarding the Transformer Prime?

I see your cute little cricket thing here but I guess I am missing w/e cord your trying to strike w/ SIA.

Thanks

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Dallas;4234462 said:
Hey bro..I know your on some self serving mission and all w/ w/e it is you and SIA do when bashing each other like you do.

Could we stay OT or is that really asking to much? It may be asking to much so thats why Im asking.

Do you have some good input regarding the Transformer Prime?

I see your cute little cricket thing here but I guess I am missing w/e cord your trying to strike w/ SIA.

Thanks

I'm not on a mission, you're thinking of Theo and the artist formally known as NYC when it comes to Apple bashing, he just took it a step too far with me.

And thanks, I'm glad you found my post cute. I was worried.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
TheCount;4235361 said:
I'm not on a mission, you're thinking of Theo and the artist formally known as NYC when it comes to Apple bashing

It's amazing how people can type in English, but can't comprehend it! :laugh2:

I was never an Apple hater. Only a Steve Jobs hater! I have said this 1,000 times!

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4235370 said:
It's amazing how people can type in English, but can't comprehend it! :laugh2:

I was never an Apple hater. Only a Steve Jobs hater! I have said this 1,000 times!

You hate Apple, it's on your Wikipedia page, so it's true.