AT&T U-Verse

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Anyone have this stuff?

Just switched to it and pretty satisfied with it

Way better price than getting bent over by the local cable company for the same package.

Seems to be pretty good. Was a little disappointed by only being able to have 1 DVR until the guy told me it didn't matter because you can access the one DVR from any room with a box.

Duane

Reaction score
I've had it for about three weeks now and have been very impressed. Great HD picture quality and the price is cheaper than what I was paying for DirecTV.

cbfan55

Reaction score
Im having it installed Thur, It has to be better than Time Warner

DFWJC

Reaction score
I love it. I have 4 receivers and the DVR catches all of my favorite shows and games.
The wireless internet with the pkg has worked great too.

Duane

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2867159 said:
Does it include high speed internet? If so is it faster than cable?

I'm pretty sure all of the packages include high speed internet since that's how you receive the service. Can't tell you if it's faster than cable because I went from AT&T high speed to AT&T high speed.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Generally, it has a higher potential bandwidth than cable because it's fiber optics. Whether any particular set up is faster or slower would depend on a bunch of factors.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
AT&T Uverse is great.

I had it for about 9 months and I only had 1 problem the entire time.

There is no comparison between TW and Uverse, Uverse is head and shoulders better.

Hoofbite

Reaction score

I ran a speed test and I am getting 3MB down/1 MB up. They have a couple packages higher than that. I think the highest package they offer is like 18MB down. Pretty crazy if it was anywhere near that.

I don't know what you do on your computer but thats more than enough for most folk.

Not to mention I have never actual cable speeds be anywhere close to their advertised speeds.

I switched because my local company is just brutal. They cap bandwidth usage and charge ridiculous amounts for their base package.

I think for their medium internet service (10 or 15 gigs of bandwidth) and their basic cable it was like $85 plus taxes. That didn't include a single box or any sort of additional channels.

I pay a little more than that with AT&T but I have a ton more channels including NFL Network. I'd probably have to pay an $50/month to get what I have through my local provider and I would still have capped internet.

dback

Reaction score
Can somebody tell me the Brand name and Model of your U-Verse DVR? I currently have fibre to the user (through a local provider) and use it for Internet only. We used to have their DVR service but the box that they gave us was crap. If I were recording an HD program and tried to watch another HD program, there would be picture distortions and screw ups all over the place. The box was an ADB5810WX by ADB systems.

The company I was with replaced it twice in three months due to my complaining. Sometimes we had to format the hard drive and lose all of our programming due to one show that didn't record properly and wouldn't allow anything else to play. This company's TV service was IPTV which was in it's beta phase obviously and they tried to push it out too fast. Their technicians told me that they were constantly replacing those boxes.

We switched to DISH for our TV viewing but kept the Fibre for our Internet. We pay 39.99 a month for (8Mbit/s down,1Mbit/s up) internet and we constantly get that speed. When I download a service pack from Microsoft or a linux iso, from a fast web site, I easily get 1.1-1.3 MB/s constant downloads. It is freaking awesome.

We don't have land lines. We use cell phones. I have heard many good things about ATT Uverse

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Kinda off-topic, but why on earth do companies insist on measuring internet speed in megabits? No one talks about megabits when they say how fast they're actually downloading a file, so why use megabits when referring to bandwidth? Just do the damn conversion to megabytes for me so I don't have to think.

dback

Reaction score
theogt;2867444 said:
Kinda off-topic, but why on earth do companies insist on measuring internet speed in megabits? No one talks about megabits when they say how fast they're actually downloading a file, so why use megabits when referring to bandwidth? Just do the damn conversion to megabytes for me so I don't have to think.

Amen brother!!! Just like how some high speed internet companies still heavily advertise the 500000X faster than dial-up.