At least Hudson Houck is coaching them up early on...

newlander

Reaction score
We know Wade's problems. But the old o. line coach Hudson Houck sure has this group playing well, albeit only through two games. I always liked him and liked him alot. Didn't understand the criticism he got last year. I mean............could YOU coach up Cory Procter?:eek:

RS12

Reaction score
newlander;2963160 said:
We know Wade's problems. But the old o. line coach Hudson Houck sure has this group playing well, albeit only through two games. I always liked him and liked him alot. Didn't understand the criticism he got last year. I mean............could YOU coach up Cory Procter?:eek:

Dont know anybody that can raise the dead.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
newlander;2963160 said:

I'll never forget the play where he stood in stance and it was a jail break on the left side of the line. Absolutely horrendous.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Houck and DeCamillis are doing superb jobs

Everybody on the defensive side of the ball (incl the DC) should hang their heads in shame.

Offensive coaches are doing their job, although I am somewhat doubting Wade Wilson's ability as a QB coach.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2963177 said:

Everybody on the defensive side of the ball (incl the DC) should hang their heads in shame.

Offensive coaches are doing their job, although I am somewhat doubting Wade Wilson's ability as a QB coach.

our STeams are just nasty

I almost jumped threw the roof when Octavien blew up one of the Giants returner's lead-blocker, to let someone else get to the ballcarrier

he's definitely instilled a fire and take-no-prisoners approach there

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
dbair1967;2963177 said:

Yeah.

Imagine what this team would've been able to do with Sean Payton as head coach and Jason Garrett as O-Coordinator :eek:

I hope, that whenever Jerry decides it's time for a coaching change, he doesn't hire another re-tread coach. The NFL is largely moving away from the philosophies and coaching styles that were dominant in the 90s and into the 2000s...we're seeing a coaching revolution that will produce new legendary and good coaches for the next 10-20 years, in my humblest of opinions.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
newlander;2963160 said:

yeah isnt it amazing, how the offense is doing their job scoring, more than 30 points a game and last week against a very good defense, and the special teams are doing their job, but is the defense doing their job? No!

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
casmith07;2963185 said:
Yeah.

Imagine what this team would've been able to do with Sean Payton as head coach and Jason Garrett as O-Coordinator :eek:

I hope, that whenever Jerry decides it's time for a coaching change, he doesn't hire another re-tread coach. The NFL is largely moving away from the philosophies and coaching styles that were dominant in the 90s and into the 2000s...we're seeing a coaching revolution that will produce new legendary and good coaches for the next 10-20 years, in my humblest of opinions.

totally agree, new thinking styles are coming into the NFL,another way to look at it, younger coaches have more energy to coach and demand more

and think about this, someone posted this awhile back, most head coaches that leave a team after getting a superbowl, they dont win a superbowl with their 2nd team, maybe due to the fire of wanting to win a superbowl the first time;

like michael irvin said, its a different feeling winning that first superbowl, winning one after that is never the same;

so new coaches have a desire to prove their worth as one of the best coaches in the nfl and want to win their first superbowl as a head coach

if you have been around in the nfl coaching for along time, maybe your desire wanes alittle

yimyammer

Reaction score
casmith07;2963185 said:
Yeah.

T

Totally agree, plus the time and energy required has got to be tough on older coaches, especially those who have already won a super bowl. Hell, I'm 43 and ready to retire, I can't imagine the time requirements of an NFL head coach. Youth and ambition would seem to be extremely important qualities for success in this league.

Aisde from Wades obvious deficiencies, I think his age and energy has got to be a negative factor in being head coach. Not to mention the generation gap that exists between he and his players, nice guy, but it's going to be a miracle if he finds success here (IMO).

TtownCowboy

Reaction score
Quick question about DeCamillis. What, if any, was his speciallty besides ST, and what coaching tree is he in?