At least if we have a bad year, we already saw it coming!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just look at this off season, there's nothing to really be excited about, so much talk of not signing players/contract extensions. The only thing to get happy about is the guys we drafted and their potential and their can be excitement around some of our core players.

At this point it's been tough ever since Jerry said ALL IN, we've merely been all out! If we are all out this season, we don't have to act surprised! There's that guy we know that crowns us as a Superbowl ready team. I don't think anyone is able to see it, with intelligence please give your thoughts!!
I don't think it will be as bad as some think....we got younger, we will probably have some guys playing for a contract....they will be on a mission.....many want to take a step back so that we can take a couple of steps forward.....we'll see.

CWR

Reaction score
There's too much talent for this team to be any worse than average.

Unless,

Well, unless the Cowboys experience one of their "not rare enough" epic injury pandemics.

You know, we lose half the offensive line prior to game #1, as well as the couple of backups that gave us the peace of mind that they would be okay if it happened. Of course, game #1 would be the perfect time to lose the #1 receiver who "never had any previous injury concerns"

We don't have to worry about devastation to the RB squad, Jerry, I mean, the salary cap already took care of that. Both Ferguson and Schoonmaker? Seasons over!

We'll let them win a game after going 0-3 before beginning to work on the defense. Oh, and Dak? Not quite yet. We are still trying to come to terms with Trey Lance's devastating preseason injury. I would give Dak until game #6 before he starts going down the Romo path. After that, it's a clear path to start knocking down DB's.

Other than this scenario, the worse we would see is 8-9. Turns out, the Cowboys are even worse at tanking than they are winning playoff games. Both championships and top 5 draft picks continue to elude them.
You're right, average is what we do best. We get over hyped in the process but we always seem to end up average to good, never great. Nothing changes.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You care enough to come back though. You will be back after a 6 game win streak.

This

Or a six game losing steak...I'd wager to say if someone cares enough to post on a fan site in the smack middle of the most Boring part of the offseason then they will be engaged during the season

and this.

'Care' is one word with a simple definition with many meanings for different people. Caring means you have some level of concern, even if it is tiny concern. The opposite of caring is neglect, not think, have disregard for, etc.

It is normal for a person to be disappointed or even upset at not getting a wanted outcome. That's human nature. The Joneses have provided enough disappointment in over 30 years for everyone to not stomach. Yet, here we all are.

Maybe this is the reason why some people get confused saying 'I could care less' and 'l could not care less'. The latter means not caring. The former tells another person that they do care in some way. The irony is that some people use the wrong phrase because they could not care less that it is wrong, lol.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just look at this off season, there's nothing to really be excited about, so much talk of not signing players/contract extensions. The only thing to get happy about is the guys we drafted and their potential and their can be excitement around some of our core players.

At this point it's been tough ever since Jerry said ALL IN, we've merely been all out! If we are all out this season, we don't have to act surprised! There's that guy we know that crowns us as a Superbowl ready team. I don't think anyone is able to see it, with intelligence please give your thoughts!!
So let me get st8 the last 3 years have been good?
All we have done is beat up on DOG teams and fold like a cheap tent vs the NINERS and GB.
Wow, total glory.
This is the toilet we have become celebrating beating teams like the Falcons, Panthers, and of course, the gimmie Giants and D.C. while we get butchered by teams like the Bills,Niners, you know playoff teams.
The best thing that can happen to this team is if they go 0-17 dish the old fat Jag players and start new with the # 1 pick in the draft.

Flamma

Reaction score

I don't see a bad year. I see a similar year to the last 3. Anywhere between 9-11 wins. Dallas hasn't done anything to get better results this upcoming season, so I don't expect better results. But they also haven't done much to get me to believe they'll be that much worse. A lot of our losses were insignificant.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Unless,

Well, unless the Cowboys experience one of their "not rare enough" epic injury pandemics.

You know, we lose half the offensive line prior to game #1, as well as the couple of backups that gave us the peace of mind that they would be okay if it happened. Of course, game #1 would be the perfect time to lose the #1 receiver who "never had any previous injury concerns"

We don't have to worry about devastation to the RB squad, Jerry, I mean, the salary cap already took care of that. Both Ferguson and Schoonmaker? Seasons over!

We'll let them win a game after going 0-3 before beginning to work on the defense. Oh, and Dak? Not quite yet. We are still trying to come to terms with Trey Lance's devastating preseason injury. I would give Dak until game #6 before he starts going down the Romo path. After that, it's a clear path to start knocking down DB's.

Other than this scenario, the worse we would see is 8-9. Turns out, the Cowboys are even worse at tanking than they are winning playoff games. Both championships and top 5 draft picks continue to elude them.
I believe one of the dangers to the Cowboys success this year involves having a head coach on the last year of his contract. This reminds me of Wade Phillips situation back in 2010.

Wade had seen his team get killed in the playoffs in 2009 then Jerry publicly backed him only to see the team start 1-4, followed by Romo getting hurt. The team knew Phillips was toast and basically quit on him at mid-season. Which led to Wade’s firing and Jason Garrett era. (Groan)

This season has a similar set up. With Big Mac on the last year of his deal, if this team has a slow start, players may be tempted to hesitate about being “all in” for a HC without a future contract.

Maybe none of this will matter but I think the first 4-5 games of this season are critical to get off to a good start.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Lol if last year taught us anything, its to look at who those wins come against. People started talking Superbowl in November last year when we had a 4 game win streak, but then got mad when people pointed out 3 of those wins came against the Giants, Panthers, and Washington
They were beating teams by 40 lol…professional teams. I will not fault anyone for getting their hopes up after that.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Nothing? Not one single thing?

miz-really.gif
In your midst to show up people because you're too lazy to read, it's clearly stated right here buddy!!!!! "The only thing to get happy about is the guys we drafted and their potential and their can be excitement around some of our core players."

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
On the contrary, a lot to be excited about.

It is a new season approaching us. No matter what or how a fan feels. It is exciting when the season starts.
Zeke is back…yeah…
We get to see our possible future QB in some PS games in Trey Lance.
What looks to be a very good draft class.
As well, any improvements from last years class. Such as Mazi under Zimmer”s tutelage.
Consider Overshown as part of this rookie group coming in.

And we get to laugh at all the continued melt downs. :lmao2:
Agree

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Or a six game losing steak...I'd wager to say if someone cares enough to post on a fan site in the smack middle of the most Boring part of the offseason then they will be engaged during the season
yep... no matter how hard they try to say they no longer care or get excited..... yet ever Sunday afternoon we all know where their big fat butts will be.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

IMG-0307.gif

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
On the contrary, a lot to be excited about.

It is a new season approaching us. No matter what or how a fan feels. It is exciting when the season starts.
Zeke is back…yeah…
We get to see our possible future QB in some PS games in Trey Lance.
What looks to be a very good draft class.
As well, any improvements from last years class. Such as Mazi under Zimmer”s tutelage.
Consider Overshown as part of this rookie group coming in.

And we get to laugh at all the continued melt downs. :lmao2:
Exactly. Every year it’s a new team with new coaches and players. Some folks are happier when they’re miserable and they have a lot to cry about.

Jipper

Reaction score
yep... no matter how hard they try to say they no longer care or get excited..... yet ever Sunday afternoon we all know where their big fat butts will be.
hey hey...they may have toned butts too, lets not be judgy! haha

Carson

Reaction score
So let me get st8 the last 3 years have been good?
All we have done is beat up on DOG teams and fold like a cheap tent vs the NINERS and GB.
Wow, total glory.
This is the toilet we have become celebrating beating teams like the Falcons, Panthers, and of course, the gimmie Giants and D.C. while we get butchered by teams like the Bills,Niners, you know playoff teams.
The best thing that can happen to this team is if they go 0-17 dish the old fat Jag players and start new with the # 1 pick in the draft.
I get your sentiments in the playoffs and won’t argue that. 100% agreed.

But this team had won 37 games the previous 3 seasons. Only the Chiefs have more.

Why haven’t other teams beat these dog teams?

Like I said, team sucks in the postseason. But it’s like they back in at 8 wins

Chasing6

Reaction score

Unless,

I think we did a pretty good job in the draft back filling the vacancies we had. I would not be surprised with a 10+ win season and a Wildcard Birth.

Injuries will always play a factory for us and every other team.